Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No One Dies In Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Delver
Nov 25, 2012
Here is something I thought -

No one can die in the wizard101 universe because the spiral countains realms within realms where the characters exist in different multi verses- for example, the realm of the mind where morganth/malistaire exist in, the "other side" [according to sylvia drake], and the astral plane/shadow realm.

This is just a theory

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Contradiction: Characters do die in the Wizard101 universe. We have multiple parts of the story where some characters mentioned have been dead for a long time (e.g. Sycorax on Aerial in Empyrea.) Also, in Azteca, we witness the death of King Neza the Poet as he tries to stop Morganthe.

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
The wizard never kills anyone ever. We knock them out. None of the quests say KILL. They say Defeat. It’s how I been thinking. Since we don’t see a decrease in mobs after we done the world.

It’s a useful in game way to explain why we don’t have any effect on the world, we can return to any world mobs still there. Otherwise we the wizard would be the true villain. Since it would be mass killing of every mob in the spiral.

This is different to pirate101. As in pirate we do kill enemies, but they get brought back through life fountains. In any case we never actually kill anyone

Delver
Nov 25, 2012
Lookit Light on Dec 10, 2020 wrote:
Contradiction: Characters do die in the Wizard101 universe. We have multiple parts of the story where some characters mentioned have been dead for a long time (e.g. Sycorax on Aerial in Empyrea.) Also, in Azteca, we witness the death of King Neza the Poet as he tries to stop Morganthe.
I think you were missing the point

In the post I wrote those characters can exist in mutiple universes, so if one version of a character dies in one universe it can still exist in others, like morganth/belloq/malistaire in the reverie

Also, Malistaire's wife mentions a location called the other side and we do phisicly see them walk over there, so all those characters we have "defeated" in the past can be located there. It also points that Heaven/Hell are exist in the wizard101 universe.

Over all its a theory...

Survivor
Mar 03, 2020
Star Gator on Dec 10, 2020 wrote:
Here is something I thought -

No one can die in the wizard101 universe because the spiral countains realms within realms where the characters exist in different multi verses- for example, the realm of the mind where morganth/malistaire exist in, the "other side" [according to sylvia drake], and the astral plane/shadow realm.

This is just a theory
i think it's more accurate to claim that the player character doesn't kill. even then the entire malistaire scenario in dragonspyre makes that iffy

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
We kill
-malistare in great spire.
-krokotep on krokosphinx

But thats all i think

Delver
Nov 25, 2012
Stormwind 8108 on Dec 13, 2020 wrote:
We kill
-malistare in great spire.
-krokotep on krokosphinx

But thats all i think
Right!

Defender
Feb 03, 2012
Star Gator on Dec 11, 2020 wrote:

In the post I wrote those characters can exist in mutiple universes, so if one version of a character dies in one universe it can still exist in others, like morganth/belloq/malistaire in the reverie

Also, Malistaire's wife mentions a location called the other side and we do phisicly see them walk over there, so all those characters we have "defeated" in the past can be located there. It also points that Heaven/Hell are exist in the wizard101 universe.

Over all its a theory...
There's definitely an afterlife, as mentioned in krokotopia and different parts of the game. I theorize that when the game said that death is finality, it really means that all characters will eventually continue their existence as some form of undead...forever.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
I agree with Stormwind, though, even after we killed Malistaire at the top of the ‘spyre’, he still managed to come back twice.

At this point in Wizard101 history, I believe the entire story (all arcs) need readjusted, revamped, or even audited/reviewing. FTUE is a good start, but I think it needs to go deeper than that. The minor “lore nuggets” that were said 10+ years ago will come back and bite hard!

Defender
Aug 16, 2014
Here's a theory:

As a Wizard, we cannot be killed, simply knocked out. And it is against the way of wizards to actually kill someone. Think of the spell guiding light, a version of it is probably how we end up in whatever safe place there is.

I think others such as Ambrose, Cyrus, Morganthe, Malistare, etc. can kill people. I don't fully remember the story of Dragonspyre and Malistare, but I believe Cyrus says that Malistare has been defeated, perhaps Merle Ambrose or Cyrus banished Malistare after we returned to Wizard City. But maybe Malistare escaped. We don't actually defeat him in Xibalba, he defeats himself, and later goes to another realm in Darkmoor.

But of course this is just a theory, A GAME THEO- just kidding

-Zachary SpiritLeaf & Morgrim StarBlossom

Explorer
Mar 04, 2018
Lukeskywalker1313 on Dec 11, 2020 wrote:
The wizard never kills anyone ever. We knock them out. None of the quests say KILL. They say Defeat. It’s how I been thinking. Since we don’t see a decrease in mobs after we done the world.

It’s a useful in game way to explain why we don’t have any effect on the world, we can return to any world mobs still there. Otherwise we the wizard would be the true villain. Since it would be mass killing of every mob in the spiral.

This is different to pirate101. As in pirate we do kill enemies, but they get brought back through life fountains. In any case we never actually kill anyone
I agree. It always says, "Defeat", like with a boss or something. Always defeat.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
Lukeskywalker1313 on Dec 11, 2020 wrote:

Yeah vut you kind are supposed to kill Malistaire I pretty sure its some where in the dialogue, well they want to stop, and knocking him out for 15 mins is not going to stop him. Yes, in most situations you defeat a monster in a literal card game, when you die it kind of seems you die because you have no more health left so your kind of dead, but no you still respawn because who wants to loose all there progress?

Delver
Sep 13, 2016

Over all its a theory...
You mean the astral plane and the shadow realm.

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
DemonHunter157 on Jan 6, 2021 wrote:
Here's a theory:

As a Wizard, we cannot be killed, simply knocked out. And it is against the way of wizards to actually kill someone. Think of the spell guiding light, a version of it is probably how we end up in whatever safe place there is.

I think others such as Ambrose, Cyrus, Morganthe, Malistare, etc. can kill people. I don't fully remember the story of Dragonspyre and Malistare, but I believe Cyrus says that Malistare has been defeated, perhaps Merle Ambrose or Cyrus banished Malistare after we returned to Wizard City. But maybe Malistare escaped. We don't actually defeat him in Xibalba, he defeats himself, and later goes to another realm in Darkmoor.

But of course this is just a theory, A GAME THEO- just kidding

-Zachary SpiritLeaf & Morgrim StarBlossom
morghante respawn him from a sarcophagus in a pyramid in azteca.
i'm wondering if the fact he could be alive inside it is not worst because he look a bit " rotted" on xibalarkmoor.

as "The Wizard" we come from another realm outside of spiral so we can't be killed cuz our life won't follow the rules of the spiral.

We have killed krokotep thats a fact his ghost await us in the storm tomb and we have his head on a wall hanging i hope he is really dead cuz that would be weird.

we have killed many people on azteca proved by the calaca and the moon tower

Survivor
Jun 10, 2014

Over all its a theory...
Reverie is a plane that exists within the mind of someone and the minds of all; you can only experience altered memories being brought to a physical plane of existence, but these people don't exist in the spiral; only in the Reverie, and only to the wizard, who experienced them. The wizard is also able to experience Mellori's memories, such as Professor Wu giving her anxiety in class, and her fear of Headmaster Ambrose telling her she is not fit to be a wizard being projected onto the wizard once she ditches them. The wizard is only able to see this Headmaster and Professor Wu because they are altered manifestations of Mellori's memories of them and the emotions she associates with them.

Sylvia Drake mentions the "other side," I suppose, as the afterlife. And while I will say the wizard did not kill Malistaire, he was definitely killed, probably by his inability to control the Fire Titan.

I don't think the idea of multiverses keeping other characters alive is a sound one to fall on, personally, because it is a potential scenario in any fictional piece of work. A lot of media companies such as Marvel, DC, and even other video games such as World of Warcraft use some sort of multiverse theory to some extent, and it's kind of an understood concept that any fictional world can have multiple versions of the same universe, especially when multiple titles are drawing from the same world (such as Pirate101 and Wizard101 taking place in the same world, albeit we are unsure if there is a time difference between the 2 games' storylines, as far as I know.)

All of this to say: it is my opinion that a death happening in the canon storyline of Wizard101 (Krokhotep, Malistaire, potentially Morganthe) should be considered a true death, even if technically in other universes or timelines, they can still exist.