Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No Level Cap??? Ugh!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 25, 2011
Good day,

I am disappointed in KI in that the level cap has not been increased since Azteca was released. I reached level 90 only 3/4 thru Azteca and here we are with Aquila being released and still no level cap increase. This has happened before with Wintertusk and Wysteria where new worlds were released without level cap increase making it that now I am ahead of the increase releases and cannot continue playing the story line without wasting experience.
Is KI aware they are favoring the "power gamer" over the "completist gamer"? Completist gamers, not wanting to be wasteful of their time and energy, are being stuck stagnant on high level characters thru world releases. Worst of all, being a member like I am, paying monthly just to garden and pet train?
Please someone tell me KI plans on increasing the level cap sooner than later. By my estimation we should at-least have access to level 110 increasing the level cap to 110 will allow for all quests to be completed with room left over for growth. It rewards the players for hard work which I believe is one of Kings Isles original tenets.
Regards,
Autumn MoonBlossom

Survivor
Nov 14, 2008
AmythistMoonblosso... on Aug 3, 2013 wrote:
Good day,

I am disappointed in KI in that the level cap has not been increased since Azteca was released. I reached level 90 only 3/4 thru Azteca and here we are with Aquila being released and still no level cap increase. This has happened before with Wintertusk and Wysteria where new worlds were released without level cap increase making it that now I am ahead of the increase releases and cannot continue playing the story line without wasting experience.
Is KI aware they are favoring the "power gamer" over the "completist gamer"? Completist gamers, not wanting to be wasteful of their time and energy, are being stuck stagnant on high level characters thru world releases. Worst of all, being a member like I am, paying monthly just to garden and pet train?
Please someone tell me KI plans on increasing the level cap sooner than later. By my estimation we should at-least have access to level 110 increasing the level cap to 110 will allow for all quests to be completed with room left over for growth. It rewards the players for hard work which I believe is one of Kings Isles original tenets.
Regards,
Autumn MoonBlossom
This isn't the answer you want to hear, but deal with it. There's ample XP in every world so that you can reach the cap, and if you keep stopping at level 90, you'll never actually be to the end of the world at the right time. At some point you will have to "waste xp".

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Jacob IronEyes on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
This isn't the answer you want to hear, but deal with it. There's ample XP in every world so that you can reach the cap, and if you keep stopping at level 90, you'll never actually be to the end of the world at the right time. At some point you will have to "waste xp".
Wow. You sound like my teacher from last year at school! Haha that's funny. But anyway. Harsh answer man. And it's not just this person who hate the wasted XP. I have about ten friends who got to lvl 90 before finishing the main storyline. They all hate how they can't do anything besides pvp or gardening.

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
I agree with you. I reached the lvl cap halfway through Zafaria and didn't want to do anything. I lvled up two of my pets to ancient before the next level increase was here. I do agree that they should of added a lvl cap for Aquila. With all the secret bosses that only lvl 90s can get into, they should of added at least 5 lvls. There isn't much we can do though.

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
-it takes time to think up characters, monsters, storyline (hopefully a less jumbled one than previous worlds in second arc) and soundtrack

-the next world will most likely be the final one in the Morganthe arc. Considering this, they'd want to make this world the biggest of them all, so it'll take time.

-Aquila just released. Start getting the new set. It'll prepare for what's next.

Hope I helped!

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
KorekuEternal on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
-it takes time to think up characters, monsters, storyline (hopefully a less jumbled one than previous worlds in second arc) and soundtrack

-the next world will most likely be the final one in the Morganthe arc. Considering this, they'd want to make this world the biggest of them all, so it'll take time.

-Aquila just released. Start getting the new set. It'll prepare for what's next.

Hope I helped!
You know what? You make a good point! It takes time to make a new world. Plus, if anyone is lvl 90, they should probably take advantage of Tartarus and all the other dungeons. For example, try and get the alpha and omega ring. It's for lvl 90's. I hear its the best ring in the game so far.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Spiral emperor on Aug 24, 2013 wrote:
You know what? You make a good point! It takes time to make a new world. Plus, if anyone is lvl 90, they should probably take advantage of Tartarus and all the other dungeons. For example, try and get the alpha and omega ring. It's for lvl 90's. I hear its the best ring in the game so far.
ugh guys its not just xp that has to do with levels you would be rushing them into making gear based on the world 2 years away rushing spells and spell quests to be created and wt if they make new schools similar to astral then you will be sad you wasted your training points on old spells when there are better ones

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
They should have a System where Non-members level cap would be 45,
Members would have a level cap of 250
Beta Members would have a level cap of 300

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Xintor on Sep 25, 2013 wrote:
You're funny. Do I have to explain to you why your idea, discriminates against crowns users, and ruins the game? You're not getting another spell and your health shouldn't increase and each level you progress over the legit cap, should move you back one, now that is my improvement, suggestions?

Historian
May 06, 2009
Here's what's bothering me. The only point of Experience is to help you get to the next level. It has no value anywhere else. That's it. You can't gain a badge from gaining X amount of Experience and Experience will not give you more gold or higher chances at new rewards.

During the begining of the game, yeah, I wanted to get all the Experience I could get, but once I got to Level 90 before finishing Azteca, I really didn't care anymore because I wanted to finish the content more than get something KI will replenish. KI is going to include more Experience than there will be Levels. They will make more Experience points and raise the Level Cap with new main content. However, this insures that you're going to get to the max level.

There is no need to complain and leave content, imo. You'll end up ahead when the next world comes anyway.

There is a Level Cap because there is a certain point Wizards can to go in content. The world they build will only give so much Experience. Side content Experience points are not tallied into the grand scheme of things and all Experience in the game is calcutated through main content. Each world will only give Experience to a certain level or milestone (typically every 10 levels).
This allows KI to leave us in one area and begin to create more content to expand upon. If you got to gain however much Experience you wanted, there would be an inconsistancy with Level growth when content is added. So Avalon is added increasing the Cap to 80. Had there been no level cap in Zafaria, you would have level 78's running around and world difficulty would be diminished.

If players are so upset about getting to Max level (which I don't understand because again the only point of Experience is to get you to Max level), then I would suggest to KI is to decrease the amount of Experience given in side content. Main content should always get you to max level, but if we decrease side content, we can squeeze it into the Level Cap that comes in.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2011
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Because all of those worlds are not involved with the main questline. If they were, then the level cap is increased. It's common sense.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2011
Good day,

Regards,
Autumn MoonBlossom
The reason why is because Aquila is not a main world, but a side world. They do not increase the level cap on side worlds.

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
Xintor on Sep 25, 2013 wrote:
What about crown players? If they still pay they should still be allowed to progress like any other.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Good day,

Regards,
Autumn MoonBlossom
I think that to keep lvl 95s happy, for every side world, there should be a 5 level higher lvl cap, so the cap now would be 115 (Wysteria, GH, WT & AQ) Because that way, people don't waste XP if there's still storyline left for them.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Dec 7, 2013 wrote:
I think that to keep lvl 95s happy, for every side world, there should be a 5 level higher lvl cap, so the cap now would be 115 (Wysteria, GH, WT & AQ) Because that way, people don't waste XP if there's still storyline left for them.
They should adjust the XP for the storyline quests in the later worlds. Khrysalis and Azteca both max you out long before finishing just the story quests. Storyline quests alone should just barely max you out when you finish the final dungeon of a world. If you want to max out earlier you can do the side quests. That would be a better solution than just raising level cap without having spells and gear for those new levels.