Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

no auction

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 03, 2010
dear ki, i think it isn't fair when i go to the bazaar to sell stuff, then find out there is a no auction on something i will never usebut would sell for a lot, i mean really, what's the point of the no auction factor i think there should be no"no auction" rule, it's quite annoying. :P well, thx for listening to me. sincerely from, Belgrim Dawnshade, lvl 47 myth

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
mikey5136 wrote:
dear ki, i think it isn't fair when i go to the bazaar to sell stuff, then find out there is a no auction on something i will never usebut would sell for a lot, i mean really, what's the point of the no auction factor i think there should be no"no auction" rule, it's quite annoying. :P well, thx for listening to me. sincerely from, Belgrim Dawnshade, lvl 47 myth

No auction is there to prevent people from simply buying all their gear, instead of earning it. The best gear in the game (at each release) has always been no auction. It shows who has been there and done that (at least on that account).

You can still sell the no auction gear at a regular merchant.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Those items that say NO AUCTION can still be sold at other merchants.

You may think it is worth a lot of money because the amount it shows in the gray area, but you have to remember that those prices are set by the power of the time AND the amount in stock. If you could sell that item at the auction so would everyone else, making that insane amount be much much lower.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Explorer
Aug 07, 2009
I partially agree, because it is very annoying when i can't sell some random equipment for a good amount of money, but it is supposed to be this way because on the other hand, they want you to work for rare and exotic equips

Survivor
May 26, 2009
I think the same. Back when i was in MS a few months ago, I was looking for Oyotomi's really good life only hat and my friend was helping (who was a pyromancer). Well anyway, after a few hours of fighting oyotomi over and over, my friend got the hat i needed but we tried everything like the bazaar(and of course it ended up being no auction), putting it in my house chest (but of course it only let him access his house chest instead of mine from MY home), and even this sell and immediately buy trick i heard about on the net (I think it was patched or never worked in the first place, but he did say he was just gonna have to sell it anyway). He might have even gotten the same hat more than just that once because he knew it would make me angry after trying to farm it for 10 full DAYS. They either need to get rid of that no auction thing or make a trading system for friends only for everything besides treasure cards.

Survivor
Apr 16, 2011
Maybe what this game needs then is a Auction system in place - 1 day auctions that the player can set for crowns or for gold. That way items that say no auction can be auctioned.
Considering the items that you buy in store are not auction items so they kinda have the wrong tag name for it.