Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Night & Day: Should there be in Wizard101?

1
AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 08, 2010
24
Hi everyone Destiny here. I was talking to a friend and he mentioned that it would be cool if there was a W101 time and the sky changed depending on the time of day. (EX: if it was night, then the sky would be Black and full of stars.) Just wanted to point out that this would be so cool!!! Thanks everyone!

-Destiny Fireheart :D

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
130
i don't think that will work because look:
the world can have difrent time i mean that the first half of the world has day while the another half has night


Defender
May 05, 2010
106
Great idea! they should have that instead of that pink sky all day :P.

Explorer
Jun 26, 2009
84
Destiny, Sloan here, and I totally agree with your idea. The game would feel much more realistic. What would it look like at night in cl?

Sloan Windthisle Your most helpful conjurer! :D

Explorer
Jan 03, 2010
97
Hillary567 wrote:
Hi everyone Destiny here. I was talking to a friend and he mentioned that it would be cool if there was a W101 time and the sky changed depending on the time of day. (EX: if it was night, then the sky would be Black and full of stars.) Just wanted to point out that this would be so cool!!! Thanks everyone!

-Destiny Fireheart :D


I think there should be! At night, the sky is darker, maybe some shops close[except for the Bazaar;that should stay open 24/7! LOL], and even some enemies like Field Guards get stronger at night, because the Field Guard is spooky. It shouldn't be day for 24 hours.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
20
Sure! It would be neat if it effected the creatures and or spells some too. Certain monsters stronger at night, certain magics stronger during the day, etc.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
251
Good idea, i can already imagine that, but since there are different time zones, that mgiht be a major issue. But i still like the idea

Explorer
Aug 14, 2008
66
It sounds like a pretty neat idea! But then again, they would also have to tweak a lot of aspects of the game. Example: New music. Happy day-time music would probably be different from the calm-ish nighttime music.

Plus, as said before, time zones would be difficult.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
130
i think it would be not good because i play a game called titan quest that has day and night and you know what it looks comlytly rubish with the night

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
514
Hillary567 wrote:
Hi everyone Destiny here. I was talking to a friend and he mentioned that it would be cool if there was a W101 time and the sky changed depending on the time of day. (EX: if it was night, then the sky would be Black and full of stars.) Just wanted to point out that this would be so cool!!! Thanks everyone!

-Destiny Fireheart :D


I think wizard101 should have it's own time in the game to solve this world different times problem. It might be 9 P.M. in the game when you are playing at 6 or something. SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA THOUGH! Also I think in the winter it should snow!

Survivor
May 27, 2009
32
brilliant idea. I think they should do that. all you have to do for the time zones is wizard101 will look on your computer time E.X. (9:30) then it will determine what the sky will look like. then again there will be some privacy settings possibly put in place.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
31
Maybe you could have the option to change it to night or day and it would appear to just you, so no one would fight about it. :D

Julia DragonRider level: 48

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
64
I absolutely love this idea, and hope KI considers it. Sure, it may be a programming nightmare to pull off, but well worth the effort in my humble opinion.

Evening would get progressively darker and then streetlights could light up as well as the glow from the windows in the houses and shops.
Changing seasons would be fantastic as well.

Hoping this gets the nod. :D

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
83
That's a great idea but they already have night and day partially. For instance, when you go into Haunted Cave it doesn't have a pink sky. It's like night time!

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
16
With the time zone prob. Mabey KI could make diffrent realms for diffrent time zones. Just a thought

Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
36
it should be 10 minutes morning, 30 minutes afternoon, 10 minutes evening, and 30 minutes night. if you log on while its 20 minutes into night than theres still only 10 minutes left for you. so everybody is at the same amount of time left and the same time of day. also i think there should be 5 minute of changing in the sky between each time period. i agree with shannoony on the music idea. :D

Robert Earth Breaker lvl.49 pyromancer

Survivor
May 08, 2010
24
mat567010 wrote:
i don't think that will work because look:
the world can have difrent time i mean that the first half of the world has day while the another half has night



I MEAN.... each realm would have a diff time so basically its fair, but i have nothing against you for saying that!!!

Survivor
May 08, 2010
24
Wariorocks wrote:
Destiny, Sloan here, and I totally agree with your idea. The game would feel much more realistic. What would it look like at night in cl?

Sloan Windthisle Your most helpful conjurer! :D


haha!! Thanks!!
The streetlamps would glow illuminating the pretty snow :-D

Survivor
May 08, 2010
24
Dakthorn wrote:
Sure! It would be neat if it effected the creatures and or spells some too. Certain monsters stronger at night, certain magics stronger during the day, etc.


omg great ideas everyone!!

Survivor
May 08, 2010
24
wizard41299 wrote:
brilliant idea. I think they should do that. all you have to do for the time zones is wizard101 will look on your computer time E.X. (9:30) then it will determine what the sky will look like. then again there will be some privacy settings possibly put in place.


You completely flatter me. lol!!

Survivor
May 08, 2010
24
brytenshynee wrote:
I absolutely love this idea, and hope KI considers it. Sure, it may be a programming nightmare to pull off, but well worth the effort in my humble opinion.

Evening would get progressively darker and then streetlights could light up as well as the glow from the windows in the houses and shops.
Changing seasons would be fantastic as well.

Hoping this gets the nod. :D


Haha nice. "programming nightmare."

Survivor
May 08, 2010
24
rjn4 wrote:
With the time zone prob. Mabey KI could make diffrent realms for diffrent time zones. Just a thought


exactly my thoughts.

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
343
rjn4 wrote:
With the time zone prob. Mabey KI could make diffrent realms for diffrent time zones. Just a thought
good idea

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
343
the only problum with this is that people are playing wizard101 everywhere. someone playing in one place it may be 10.am, and for another player it may be 7.pm. so i'm not sure if that would work. it is a cool idea though.

Survivor
May 08, 2010
24
Shockdude72 wrote:
That's a great idea but they already have night and day partially. For instance, when you go into Haunted Cave it doesn't have a pink sky. It's like night time!


In certain places like haunted cave, dark cave; etc they would remain dark, because caves do not really have skies, right? :D The outdoor places like the commons would have the dramatic sky change. And in your house, if you had street lamps and stuff, than they would light up all pretty

1