Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Next storyline idea!

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1625
Ok, I've studied world war 1 lately. It seems really cool, and I've also read a book called Leviathan. I find that world war 1 has an epic background to it, and I think that the next area should be based on it.

Here's what would happen:

Emperor Archer Duke gets stolen by a clan (No violence to death in wizard101 even though he does get killed in the real story, just keeping it 10+)
A bunch of clans(representing the countries) go into an outraging war.
There are 2 main sides.
The Technologists (Using technology to fight) and the Naturists (Using animals and plants to fight)
Maybe instead of using technology/animals or plants to fight, maybe they could be animals or plants or even robots.
Because in world war 1, Austria Hungary used tanks and airplanes to fight while I'm pretty sure it was the British that used horses and cavalry to fight.

I think this would be a really interresting world to be in, and also educational :D

Thanks for taking your time to read!

KI can come up with the rest, it doesn't have to be like world war 1, maybe KI can mingle up the story like the book Leviathan did.

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
180
I'm sorry if it's just me, but I think this is going too far, I mean recreating the war in a game with wizards? I think it sounds like it would make the whole war a joke. People died, and it's not a game.

Defender
Jul 09, 2011
113
I think it is a wonderful idea, but not suited for the current Morgantine storyline. Keep in mind that all the worlds in the current Arc follow Morganthe's prophecy " The Mirror will Break ( Zafaria ) The Horn will call, from the Shadows I strike and the skies will fall" so I don't think that the Horn can be fit into the idea, although perhaps this could be an idea for a storyline once we finish the Morgantine arc

Survivor
Dec 23, 2011
12
Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
69
Turning Sherlock Holmes into Sherlock Bones was cool.
Turning The Great War (i.e., World War I) is not cool.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1625
Zezick wrote:
Turning Sherlock Holmes into Sherlock Bones was cool.
Turning The Great War (i.e., World War I) is not cool.

Also, you said to keep it 10+, the correct method of stating a way to keep the age in mind is by stating it such as 8-12 or even 10-.


Wizard101 was rated to the ages 10+.

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
180
and the educational part. People either know it or aren't ready to know it. Like I said, people died fighting, not to be characters in a wizard game. Disrespectful to make it part of a game, in my opinion

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
248
no is all i have to say dont put a real life war in the game the idea is terrible dont recreate a war where people died and make it into a joke like that millions of people died it was hard and emotionally scaring fighting in those filthy diseased trenches

i understand a made up war like KI was doing with the history of how cl got that way but no not this btw he get assassinated not kidnapped get your history straight i understand the kid friendly part of what you are trying to do but no not of a real war

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1625
blaze552563 wrote:
no is all i have to say dont put a real life war in the game the idea is terrible dont recreate a war where people died and make it into a joke like that millions of people died it was hard and emotionally scaring fighting in those filthy diseased trenches

i understand a made up war like KI was doing with the history of how cl got that way but no not this btw he get assassinated not kidnapped get your history straight i understand the kid friendly part of what you are trying to do but no not of a real war


I know Archduke Ferdinand got assassinated or else I'd be very stupid since I took a couple months learning about world war 1. I know that people died in that war (like every other), but I don't see what's so bad about putting it into a game.

When you said it's a joke to put a real war into world war 1, how? Do you think that Kingsisle would really make that into a joke? Many people have rewritten this story in books and made even fake characters for it. World war 2 was WAY more tragic then this, so at least I didn't choose that.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1625
Ok, guys. To all of you saying that putting it into wizard101 is disrespectful, I have some stuff to tell you. In Celestia, it's about the war between the Romans and Greeks, trust me. A Centurion would be a high ranked warrior. Praetor would be the master. Probatio, is someone that is new or under-trained or even just not that good to be high ranked. I'm pretty sure a boss was with the name related to Probatio. This happened in real life too, and many people died there. Did wizard101 make it seem like a joke? Pretty sure not. They twisted the storyline a little bit, so it seems like it isn't even like the war between the Romans and the Greeks. See? Maybe Kingsisle could make the world war 1 storyline (STORYLINE not world, just saying) a little different then the actual world war 1 theme. Everyone has their opinions, and my opinion is that world war 1 wouldn't seem like a joke in wizard101.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
793
No. Millions died in World War I, making a world about it in a family-friendly MMO would be in very, very poor taste. If you were the family of a soldier killed in that war, would you really want your fallen father/mother/brother turned into a mindless NPC in the opening battle sequence? I think not.

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
180
Surprised you knew about Romans vs. Greeks when you just learned about WWI. I know, chronological, but also there is priority. lol.
For WWI the scars are still there. Gosh, how awful would it be if we did an animal farm type WWII? :o Sorry, a little off topic. But really, search images for the war. Search living conditions during the war. These people still have a prominent mark on the world. People remember their names. Monuments are still being built for the millions that lost their lives. If your father served in a war and it was terrible, him dirty, crammed and hungry in the last few days of his life, would you want a game representing him as a silly-loooking horse that stands on two feet? Would you?
No, just- no.
And Dude- dude- horses and calvary? What? They invented the tank in that war. Not Austria-Hungary. And it was the first war with air-warfare. Get facts straight.
As for the Greek and Roman War---Who do you know who was in it? Any monuments currently underway?

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
180
joujou11cool wrote:
Ok, guys. To all of you saying that putting it into wizard101 is disrespectful, I have some stuff to tell you. In Celestia, it's about the war between the Romans and Greeks, trust me. A Centurion would be a high ranked warrior. Praetor would be the master. Probatio, is someone that is new or under-trained or even just not that good to be high ranked. I'm pretty sure a boss was with the name related to Probatio. This happened in real life too, and many people died there. Did wizard101 make it seem like a joke? Pretty sure not. They twisted the storyline a little bit, so it seems like it isn't even like the war between the Romans and the Greeks. See? Maybe Kingsisle could make the world war 1 storyline (STORYLINE not world, just saying) a little different then the actual world war 1 theme. Everyone has their opinions, and my opinion is that world war 1 wouldn't seem like a joke in wizard101.

Notice he posted this after the reply to someone posting what would trigger this. lol I almost thought he knew it XD.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
387
joujou11cool wrote:
blaze552563 wrote:
no is all i have to say dont put a real life war in the game the idea is terrible dont recreate a war where people died and make it into a joke like that millions of people died it was hard and emotionally scaring fighting in those filthy diseased trenches

i understand a made up war like KI was doing with the history of how cl got that way but no not this btw he get assassinated not kidnapped get your history straight i understand the kid friendly part of what you are trying to do but no not of a real war


I know Archduke Ferdinand got assassinated or else I'd be very stupid since I took a couple months learning about world war 1. I know that people died in that war (like every other), but I don't see what's so bad about putting it into a game.

When you said it's a joke to put a real war into world war 1, how? Do you think that Kingsisle would really make that into a joke? Many people have rewritten this story in books and made even fake characters for it. World war 2 was WAY more tragic then this, so at least I didn't choose that.
While you like it others find it offensive and is not a good time to remember.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1625
magicintheair wrote:
Surprised you knew about Romans vs. Greeks when you just learned about WWI. I know, chronological, but also there is priority. lol.
For WWI the scars are still there. Gosh, how awful would it be if we did an animal farm type WWII? :o Sorry, a little off topic. But really, search images for the war. Search living conditions during the war. These people still have a prominent mark on the world. People remember their names. Monuments are still being built for the millions that lost their lives. If your father served in a war and it was terrible, him dirty, crammed and hungry in the last few days of his life, would you want a game representing him as a silly-loooking horse that stands on two feet? Would you?
No, just- no.
And Dude- dude- horses and calvary? What? They invented the tank in that war. Not Austria-Hungary. And it was the first war with air-warfare. Get facts straight.
As for the Greek and Roman War---Who do you know who was in it? Any monuments currently underway?


1 thing, I know my facts. I would have failed history and been dropped out of school if I didn't know my facts right. They didn't have many military planes in WW1. That's WW2 you're thinking about! The Red Baron, WW2. All those planes are in WW2! Don't get mixed up with them. So, the question is: do you know your facts right?

I knew about the Greeks and Romans thing since Celestia came out, not everyone that plays this game is dumber then you. And you're sure acting like it.

You're right about the monuments and scars, but people just have to DEAL WITH IT! Deal with death! I've dealt with it! It's sad, I know. But should it be remembered for the rest of your life, scarring you? Do you really have to hold it on tight. It's in the past, I can say that. What's done is done. People fought in WW1, that's great. They decided to defend their country. Some were forced yes, but did they do it for a good cause? Yes! People don't fight to be remembered forever and ever, they fight for themselves and others. Putting them in wizard101 won't be an eternal memory, it could be twisted and changed a bit.

You know that movie Warhorse? They retold the story, because it's an educational and fun-to-learn-about subject. Did they make it to make fun of people? NOPE! There are even books converting the story and putting fake characters in it. What's so bad about putting these things into wizard101? They've been converted into stories and books and movies. They even have some actual VIDEO GAMES about it! How would wizard101 be such a big joke to world war 1? Does wizard101 seem like a 4 year old girly fantasy? No! It's a game like any other game constructed! So how would they make it any worse, I really don't know.

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
180
I never mentioned the Red Baron, you did. I said it introduced air warfare, which it did. Never said it had a ton of planes (which, technically it did have tons of planes, they aren't that light lol but you get my drift)You even say that planes are used by Austria Hungary in your first post. At least stick to your own story. And nice avoidance of my discovery of the kinda important fact that tanks were used by the British instead of Austria Hungary
I'm acting like I know everything? I say one thing just disagreeing (don't actually care how its spelled) with you and you overreact. I see that you have your opinions and I will have mine, while I could argue better if you could hear my voice (very convincing XD I can argue anything) I give up for now. A lost cause, lets say. Sorry for thinking my 105 (oh yeah I know my extra credit) on my test made me know the littlest thing about WWI. Is it strange I actually get bothered when people use 1 instead of I?
But, you now why I need not bother? Most people are against it, so I'm pretty sure KI won't go for it.

And now, last post on this discussion is done.