Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New World Idea: Aspectras

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
I posted this on another 'new world idea' forum, but I wanted to bring it back and expound on it.

Name: Aspectras

Introduction

After extensive research on the words of Morganthe's prophecy, Headmaster Ambrose has predicted that the Umbra Queen is targeting the sacred Mirror Sphere, a container that was carefully hidden in the glass world of Aspectras. This container held the Spiral Key that led into a world that Merle feared to even name.

Merle also revealed his connection to Morganthe. Long ago, when Merle was still a young apprentice wizard, he was taught all he knew about Life magic from Morganthe. But when Morganthe discovered the Nyx Staff, an ancient and deadly lost artifact that could only be controlled by Lady Nightstar, instead of returning it to its rightful owner, Morganthe's natural curiosity compelled her to unlock the powers of the staff, and it changed her forever.

Merle refused to reveal anymore about Morganthe until you stop her from breaking the Mirror Sphere and stealing the Spiral Key inside. He says he had the Aspectras Spiral Key, but hid it behind the Death Gate (dungeon) in the Haunted cave, asking you to retrieve it and destroy it.

When you enter the cave, however, all you find is nine floors of rubble, smoke, and destruction. On the final floor, however, you find Morganthe, with the key, and the battle begins.

After you defeat Morganthe, she will praise you for your strength, but taunt you with the fact that she still has the key, and that she's on her way to Aspectras to claim what's hers.

After returning to Merle with the grave news, he tells you sadly that the only way to follow Morganthe into Aspectras is to craft another key, a task much easier said than done...

Description

Aspectras is a world of glass, light, and rainbows, tucked away in a secluded area of the Spiral. It is inhabited by people that look much like humans, only made of glass. The Aspectrians are ruled by Queen Plexi, who is seconded by the general of the Glass Golem army: Torvex.

The entire world of Aspectras was crafted by the Two in order to protect all that was in the Spiral, for hidden within Aspectras was a key that could not be destroyed, only hidden. This key led into a terrifying world that many know of, but few have the courage to talk about, or even mention. Even Cyrus Drake shuddered when the topic of that world came up.

Morganthe does not fear this world; she WANTS access to it. For some higher dark purpose, she has travelled to Aspectras and torn the world asunder looking for the Mirror Sphere, the seemingly indestructible container that held the Spiral Key. Only Astral magic can weaken the powerful barrier around the Mirror Sphere, which was Morganthe's purpose for travelling to Celestia. What she wants with the world that Aspectras guards can only be guessed, but it can't be good.

New Spells

Here are the new Level 68 spells I thought up. The quests for these spells will come up later.

Fire
Helios

Effect: 1275 damage to all enemies, plus two 20% Hexes on all enemies affected.

Animation: A giant Sun blazes onto the field, crackling and popping. Suddenly, beams of lght begin to shoot out of the Sun as if it's about to break. It then explodes, revealing Helios, who flies up into the sky, then flies back down, floating in place. Helios points to the enemies feet, then a ding is heard. Suddenly, Helios shoots his finger into the sky, and a column of fire engulfs the enemy. Helios repeats the process for all enemies before flying into the air and disappearing in a flash.

Ice
Polar Bear

Effect: 825-970 damage to one enemy and activates Balefrost.

Animation: The animation opens in the iddle of a raging snowstorm. Suddenly, a large shadow with glowing blue eyes lumbers into view. The snwstorm recedes, revealing the shadow to be a giant, angry Polar Bear. The bear steps toward its target, snorts cold breath in its face, then leaps back befre lunging and snapping at the target with its giant jaws. Once it's attacked, the Polar Bear will step back, and the snow storm will come back and consume the whle field, activating Balefrost.

Storm
Charybdis

Effect: 1000 damage and 570 over 3 Rounds to all enemies

Animation: A powerfully stormy sea rages on the field. Suddenly, a wild cyclone of water whips around, exploding to reveal Charybdis, a sea monster whose face was just eyes and a gigantic mouth. A flash of lightning explodes behind Charybdis before she rears back and fires a torrent of water at each of her targets before screeching and diving back into the sea.

Life
Gaea

Effect: Heals all friends for 900 health, deals 775 damage to all enemies, and adds a Sanctuary.

Animation: Gaea appears, smiling while sitting on the spinning Earth. She stops the Earth in front of the caster, winks at him/her, then moves to the first player, pointing at him and firing a light green ray at him/her, healing the player. Gaea repeats this for all of the players, then moves on to the enemies. Gaea loks at the first enemy with a childish frown, then points, firing dark green energy at all of them, before she and the Earth spin faster, getting smaller before vanishing.

Death
Epidemic

Effect: Deals 400 damage to all enemies, then 750 over 3 rounds.

Animation: A cloud of deathly green gas rises out of the ground, taking the form of a giant skull and crossbones. Suddenly, the gas cloud rears back before flying forward and engulfing each enemy before dissipating.

Myth
Jin Ren

Effect: Deals 250 damage, then 1000 damage to one enemy

Animation: Giant bronze feet appear on the field. The camera pans up to reveal the Jin Ren's shadowed face, its eye twinkling. Suddenly, the Jin Ren lifts one foot and steps on the selected enemy for 250 damage. The Jin Ren lifts the foot again, and spikes shoot out of the bottom of the bronze foot. The Jin Ren steps on the enemy again, dealing 1000 damage, before disappearing.

Balance
Libra

Effect: Deals 995 damage to all enemies or gives one Balanceblade to all friends and heals them for 550 health.

Animation: The camera pans up to see a shadow falling to the ground. When it hit the ground, the shadow was revealed to be a giant pair of scale. If the right scale falls, powerful energy will bombard each enemy, but if the left scale falls, each friend will be hit with a flash of energy and receive their bonuses.

More coming soon, but tell me what you think so far.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Superwiz1560 wrote:
I posted this on another 'new world idea' forum, but I wanted to bring it back and expound on it.

Name: Aspectras

Introduction

After extensive research on the words of Morganthe's prophecy, Headmaster Ambrose has predicted that the Umbra Queen is targeting the sacred Mirror Sphere, a container that was carefully hidden in the glass world of Aspectras. This container held the Spiral Key that led into a world that Merle feared to even name.

Merle also revealed his connection to Morganthe. Long ago, when Merle was still a young apprentice wizard, he was taught all he knew about Life magic from Morganthe. But when Morganthe discovered the Nyx Staff, an ancient and deadly lost artifact that could only be controlled by Lady Nightstar, instead of returning it to its rightful owner, Morganthe's natural curiosity compelled her to unlock the powers of the staff, and it changed her forever.

Merle refused to reveal anymore about Morganthe until you stop her from breaking the Mirror Sphere and stealing the Spiral Key inside. He says he had the Aspectras Spiral Key, but hid it behind the Death Gate (dungeon) in the Haunted cave, asking you to retrieve it and destroy it.

When you enter the cave, however, all you find is nine floors of rubble, smoke, and destruction. On the final floor, however, you find Morganthe, with the key, and the battle begins.

After you defeat Morganthe, she will praise you for your strength, but taunt you with the fact that she still has the key, and that she's on her way to Aspectras to claim what's hers.

After returning to Merle with the grave news, he tells you sadly that the only way to follow Morganthe into Aspectras is to craft another key, a task much easier said than done...

Description

Aspectras is a world of glass, light, and rainbows, tucked away in a secluded area of the Spiral. It is inhabited by people that look much like humans, only made of glass. The Aspectrians are ruled by Queen Plexi, who is seconded by the general of the Glass Golem army: Torvex.

The entire world of Aspectras was crafted by the Two in order to protect all that was in the Spiral, for hidden within Aspectras was a key that could not be destroyed, only hidden. This key led into a terrifying world that many know of, but few have the courage to talk about, or even mention. Even Cyrus Drake shuddered when the topic of that world came up.

Morganthe does not fear this world; she WANTS access to it. For some higher dark purpose, she has travelled to Aspectras and torn the world asunder looking for the Mirror Sphere, the seemingly indestructible container that held the Spiral Key. Only Astral magic can weaken the powerful barrier around the Mirror Sphere, which was Morganthe's purpose for travelling to Celestia. What she wants with the world that Aspectras guards can only be guessed, but it can't be good.

New Spells

Here are the new Level 68 spells I thought up. The quests for these spells will come up later.

Fire
Helios

Effect: 1275 damage to all enemies, plus two 20% Hexes on all enemies affected.

Animation: A giant Sun blazes onto the field, crackling and popping. Suddenly, beams of lght begin to shoot out of the Sun as if it's about to break. It then explodes, revealing Helios, who flies up into the sky, then flies back down, floating in place. Helios points to the enemies feet, then a ding is heard. Suddenly, Helios shoots his finger into the sky, and a column of fire engulfs the enemy. Helios repeats the process for all enemies before flying into the air and disappearing in a flash.

Ice
Polar Bear

Effect: 825-970 damage to one enemy and activates Balefrost.

Animation: The animation opens in the iddle of a raging snowstorm. Suddenly, a large shadow with glowing blue eyes lumbers into view. The snwstorm recedes, revealing the shadow to be a giant, angry Polar Bear. The bear steps toward its target, snorts cold breath in its face, then leaps back befre lunging and snapping at the target with its giant jaws. Once it's attacked, the Polar Bear will step back, and the snow storm will come back and consume the whle field, activating Balefrost.

Storm
Charybdis

Effect: 1000 damage and 570 over 3 Rounds to all enemies

Animation: A powerfully stormy sea rages on the field. Suddenly, a wild cyclone of water whips around, exploding to reveal Charybdis, a sea monster whose face was just eyes and a gigantic mouth. A flash of lightning explodes behind Charybdis before she rears back and fires a torrent of water at each of her targets before screeching and diving back into the sea.

Life
Gaea

Effect: Heals all friends for 900 health, deals 775 damage to all enemies, and adds a Sanctuary.

Animation: Gaea appears, smiling while sitting on the spinning Earth. She stops the Earth in front of the caster, winks at him/her, then moves to the first player, pointing at him and firing a light green ray at him/her, healing the player. Gaea repeats this for all of the players, then moves on to the enemies. Gaea loks at the first enemy with a childish frown, then points, firing dark green energy at all of them, before she and the Earth spin faster, getting smaller before vanishing.

Death
Epidemic

Effect: Deals 400 damage to all enemies, then 750 over 3 rounds.

Animation: A cloud of deathly green gas rises out of the ground, taking the form of a giant skull and crossbones. Suddenly, the gas cloud rears back before flying forward and engulfing each enemy before dissipating.

Myth
Jin Ren

Effect: Deals 250 damage, then 1000 damage to one enemy

Animation: Giant bronze feet appear on the field. The camera pans up to reveal the Jin Ren's shadowed face, its eye twinkling. Suddenly, the Jin Ren lifts one foot and steps on the selected enemy for 250 damage. The Jin Ren lifts the foot again, and spikes shoot out of the bottom of the bronze foot. The Jin Ren steps on the enemy again, dealing 1000 damage, before disappearing.

Balance
Libra

Effect: Deals 995 damage to all enemies or gives one Balanceblade to all friends and heals them for 550 health.

Animation: The camera pans up to see a shadow falling to the ground. When it hit the ground, the shadow was revealed to be a giant pair of scale. If the right scale falls, powerful energy will bombard each enemy, but if the left scale falls, each friend will be hit with a flash of energy and receive their bonuses.

More coming soon, but tell me what you think so far.

Very nice ideas. This is a great post, but Libra is the basic name for Judgement.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Here's a little more:

Merle tells you that a Spiral key is one of the most difficult things to craft, but tell you not to worry; he will craft the key, and all you have to do is gather the reagents, which is a daunting task in itself. He tells you that he needs an ample amount of magic essence from Celestian Remnants, enchanted metal from the Stellar AND Lunar Protectors, and a skeleton key mould from Eazy Eddy in Marleybone.

Boss Fight 1 and 2

(I forgot to put this up in the last post.)
Morganthe
Rank 10 Death Boss
HP: 11000
No Minion

Starting speech: Hrm.. I didn't expect you to get here so quickly. I guess Ambrose isn't as slow as I though he was. No matter, I'll show him that I can't be stopped by erasing his favorite student. En garde, Wizard!

Defeat speech: Haha! Not bad, but not good enough. I've already taken the key, and nothing is keeping me from Aspectras any longer! Au revoir, Wizard; we'll definitely meet again soon, I know it.

Eazy Eddy
Rank 9 Death Boss
HP: 7450
Minion: Shadow Thug (Rank 9 Elite; 2000 HP)

Starting speech: Ya want dis here key mould, don' ya? Hehe, it'll cost ya, bub.

Defeat speech: Here! Here! Take it! Just don't hurt me anymore!

After collecting all of the necessary reagents, you return them to Merle, and he uses them to produce a blank Spiral Key. Merle says that your final task is to have Bartleby enchant that key and link it to Aspectras. After doing so, you open the Spiral Door and step into an all-new world.

I need to log off for a while, so this is all I can put down, but I'll put more on later.