Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Utility Spells Series: Storm - Moved

AuthorMessage
Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Dalicon wrote:
Storm: Strong Wind (X pip spell where X is the number of charms removed)

Strong wind is a group type of charm cleanse. Basically the spell would cast between 0 to 4 pips and can only affect one charm on each target. The spell would remove the last placed charm on each opponent and if 4 charms were removed it would give the storm player a 50% universal blade.

One of the unique qualities of storm is it's ability to remove charms from opponents. However, you don't really see this utility ability in any of storms other spells until the storm player learns Leviathan and Sirens. I think this would give a storm player some added group utility against multiple opponents other than just being the hard hitter.

The spell itself has many situations that could make it useful but it's secondary effect to grant the storm player a strong blade if 4 charms are removed, gives the player added incentive to use the spell strategically.

I guess since I replied to your post on Fire, I may as well reply here and probably on Myth as well.

Same here, I disagree. My storm wizard is not going to waste X pips for a spell like this. Instead, I am going to be building those pips to do the most damage I can. Plus with one of the latest spells that storm now has available which is an X pip spell, they have the ability to boost even more. I don't see many storm wizards going for this. I may be wrong, but I don't think they are going to waste pips for it.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I had an idea for a cool one. Power Surge is the name and it's like shatter. Is 2 pips and removes all positive charms on the target.

Defender
Mar 11, 2010