Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Utility Spells Series: Fire - Moved

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Dalicon wrote:
Fire: Trick Flame (X pip spell where X is the number of charms affected)

Trick flame would be a multiple opponent type of steal charm. When the spell is cast it would cost between 0 to 4 pips based on the number of charms it affects. It can only affect one charm per target and it would steal the last charm placed on the target. If any blades are stolen they are changed into 20% fire blades on the caster.

This spell would allow a fire wizard to better manipulate a group battle by weakening opponents and gaining the benefits of their charms for themselves. Charms that affect things like healing would remain the same but any stolen blades would be changed to fire blades which would give the caster up to 4 attacks with added damage thanks to the 20% fire blades.

For pve this could help fire wizards gain that extra strength by stealing it from their opponents. In pvp this adds a benefit to strategically placing your charms. It would also give fire a little boost to their spells since traps are rarely able to be as beneficial with their dots.

I loved stealing my first charm with my fire wizard, and although that spell kept a permanent place in my deck, I was disappointed not to see any other fire spells that added onto this unique fire skill. I think KI should try to focus a bit more on the special skills that are unique to each type of wizard and stealing blades would definitely be a fire skill.

I really don't think this is a good idea. I have a Legendary Fire and she does pretty good. With the lastest triple trap, it makes those DoT spells work even better. Besides, with the Steal Charm that fire already has, we are usually trying to steal a Balance blade if possible. We don't need to have more charm stealing spells. Just learn to use it to the best advantage.

Furthermore, now that we have the chance for Critical, there is no need to have more of this type of spell.

If you just want to Disarm the foe, then use a "Disarm" spell.