Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

new spiral passport idea

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
393
i think there should be a spiral passport thing where you have to buy a spiral passport from merle ambrose. and to get to each world you would have to use your passport. it should cost three hundred gold to buy it. you will still need a membership to get to other worlds but you would also need your spiral passport. when you open the spiral door every world would be in feint colors and unclick able. in the top right corner there would be you passport. it would have the picture of your wizard on it and there would say that the wizard is a wizard city citizen. if you dont have a passport it would be blank up there in the corner. if you have it then you will have to click then move it over next to the link of the world you want to go to. once you put it there, then the link would light up and you would be able to go to that world.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
455
Good idea but 300 gold isn't very much. I would suggest at least 20/30 thousand.
Sarai Thunderstrider
Legendary

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4942
Blaze Deathward on Jul 15, 2014 wrote:
i think there should be a spiral passport thing where you have to buy a spiral passport from merle ambrose. and to get to each world you would have to use your passport. it should cost three hundred gold to buy it. you will still need a membership to get to other worlds but you would also need your spiral passport. when you open the spiral door every world would be in feint colors and unclick able. in the top right corner there would be you passport. it would have the picture of your wizard on it and there would say that the wizard is a wizard city citizen. if you dont have a passport it would be blank up there in the corner. if you have it then you will have to click then move it over next to the link of the world you want to go to. once you put it there, then the link would light up and you would be able to go to that world.
No. There is no reason for this at all. Your access to other worlds is gained through questing.

And no special stuff like 'membership needed' because it's simply unfair to those who buy areas individually.

Defender
Jul 03, 2012
126
RavenLady777 on Jul 15, 2014 wrote:
No. There is no reason for this at all. Your access to other worlds is gained through questing.

And no special stuff like 'membership needed' because it's simply unfair to those who buy areas individually.
Exactly. I'm an Exalted Necromancer and I would get so annoyed if I went to battle Morganthe and get pulled into battles because the Newbies need help.

This would also interfere with questing. I wouldn't want to be questing and have Newbies or lower level wizards join.

Even if there was a passport I would make the price over the limit so nobody would buy it and it would have to be removed.

-Rylee

Defender
Dec 15, 2013
137
Blaze Deathward on Jul 15, 2014 wrote:
i think there should be a spiral passport thing where you have to buy a spiral passport from merle ambrose. and to get to each world you would have to use your passport. it should cost three hundred gold to buy it. you will still need a membership to get to other worlds but you would also need your spiral passport. when you open the spiral door every world would be in feint colors and unclick able. in the top right corner there would be you passport. it would have the picture of your wizard on it and there would say that the wizard is a wizard city citizen. if you dont have a passport it would be blank up there in the corner. if you have it then you will have to click then move it over next to the link of the world you want to go to. once you put it there, then the link would light up and you would be able to go to that world.
i am not saying that i dont like the idea but. first of all to much gold. second of all like what RavenLady777 said worlds are gain through questing.

Explorer
Oct 20, 2011
69
glowstorm13 on Jul 15, 2014 wrote:
Good idea but 300 gold isn't very much. I would suggest at least 20/30 thousand.
Sarai Thunderstrider
Legendary
That's pretty expensive and that would make it harder for wizards to navigate.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
415
Blaze Deathward on Jul 15, 2014 wrote:
i think there should be a spiral passport thing where you have to buy a spiral passport from merle ambrose. and to get to each world you would have to use your passport. it should cost three hundred gold to buy it. you will still need a membership to get to other worlds but you would also need your spiral passport. when you open the spiral door every world would be in feint colors and unclick able. in the top right corner there would be you passport. it would have the picture of your wizard on it and there would say that the wizard is a wizard city citizen. if you dont have a passport it would be blank up there in the corner. if you have it then you will have to click then move it over next to the link of the world you want to go to. once you put it there, then the link would light up and you would be able to go to that world.
I don't see how this benefits the game.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4120
The whole idea serves no purpose. Worlds are gained through questing, period. You don't have access to them already, except for teleporting to friends. If your point is to stop lower levels from teleporting to higher worlds, that's just another bad idea. There's no reason to prevent friends from helping each other whatever their level.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
151
This might be a good idea if the passport made it easier to travel between worlds instead of harder. Level, questing unlocks, and access through crowns or membership is limitation enough to getting around.

However, as a promotional deal, KI might offer a temporary passport that allows players to travel to different worlds/zones without spending crowns or buying memberships. This should be temporary, wearing off after 7 days or something. And none of the other usual membership bonuses such as reduced length slot timers and bigger backpack. This might give free players on the fence about paying to play in more zones a way to taste what they are missing, ultimately turning some of them into paying customers.

Passports need not be universal, they probably ought to be limited to just one world or even single zones. For instance, one week the promo deal might be for a free passport to Colossus Avenue or Savarstaad Pass. As the deal would mostly be intended as a teaser to draw in free players the zones it grants should mostly be pretty low level; Wizard City, Krokotopia, maybe Grizzleheim and Marleybone.

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
393
Time Warped on Jul 15, 2014 wrote:
Exactly. I'm an Exalted Necromancer and I would get so annoyed if I went to battle Morganthe and get pulled into battles because the Newbies need help.

This would also interfere with questing. I wouldn't want to be questing and have Newbies or lower level wizards join.

Even if there was a passport I would make the price over the limit so nobody would buy it and it would have to be removed.

-Rylee
i don't mean like any one can go to any world with it, you will still need to quest to get the key up.

Defender
Nov 10, 2012
114