Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New spells: heal over time removals

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Dire Limiter
School: Death
Pip cost: 0
Accuracy: 100%
Effect: Removes one positive heal over time from opponent.

Dire Regression
Pip cost: 1
Effect: Converts one positive heal over time effect into a negative damage over time effect (-85 hp per round for remaining rounds)

Right now in the game, if someone gets a heal over time, you have only 2 options: hurt them more, or steal heal (ice). We need more options.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
The ice school spell idk remember name does the first one. Second one is good though

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
They have a HoT steal spell already

Explorer
Sep 03, 2012
Explorer
Jul 23, 2012
they second one should be made to turn how much is being healed into damage and it should be fire because DoT is fire's thing

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Thanks.

I think people are missing the part where I said "Right now in the game, if someone gets a heal over time, you have only 2 options: hurt them more, or steal heal (ice). We need more options."

And we do need more options.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
I think steal heal is better than remove heal. Why move backwards. And i dont see the point to more heal removing options when we have the best heal removal in game already.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Lucas Rain on Nov 5, 2012 wrote:
Dire Limiter
Pip cost: 0
Effect: Removes one positive heal over time from opponent.

Dire Regression
Pip cost: 1
Effect: Converts one positive heal over time effect into a negative damage over time effect (-85 hp per round for remaining rounds)

Right now in the game, if someone gets a heal over time, you have only 2 options: hurt them more, or steal heal (ice). We need more options.
As a Life wizard, I disagree with a removal spell against HoTs. If you are a Death wizard or have death as a secondary, you can use Poison to counter the HoT especially since most HoT spells don't give that much of a Heal. Plus adding Death trap,Curse, and Hex if you have it will increase the damage and remove more health than what the HoT is giving. You can also use Vampire with those same traps and include Feint as additional damage and take all that health of which you will get 1/2. You just have to watch out fro the damage you can take from the 30% trap on yourself when using Feint.

But as for a HoT removal, NO.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
DragonLady1818 on Nov 8, 2012 wrote:
As a Life wizard, I disagree with a removal spell against HoTs. If you are a Death wizard or have death as a secondary, you can use Poison to counter the HoT especially since most HoT spells don't give that much of a Heal. Plus adding Death trap,Curse, and Hex if you have it will increase the damage and remove more health than what the HoT is giving. You can also use Vampire with those same traps and include Feint as additional damage and take all that health of which you will get 1/2. You just have to watch out fro the damage you can take from the 30% trap on yourself when using Feint.

But as for a HoT removal, NO.
Countering HoTs is unreasonable in mayn cases, we need more tools. If you do PVP, I know you have seen instances where an opponent's pet goes wild and casts sprite two or three times in a row, or times when someone gets a critical cast on availing hands.

So, if you have very few pips and don't have steal heal as an option, you almost can't do anything at all but let them heal. That can mean that you lose all chance of victory if the opponent is difficult. It can also seriously prolong duels even if your opponent is quite a bit less skilled, but just likes to heal spam.

Life wizards still have pixie, fairy, satyr, and rebirth if they want to heal, so this isn't being unfair to them. It's just giving tools to people who want to clinch a victory. (Actually, I think Life should have a counter spell where a DoT is turned into an HoT, just to make it interesting--I believe DoTs are grossly overused.)