Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Spells and Wysteria Teachers

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 28, 2009
Hi i had an idea that is about Wysteria teachers.

Your Ravenwood teacher has no longer spells to teach you so he gives you a quest in which you have to kill an ultra hard boss and in the end your teacher teaches you his/her last spell: HIMSELF!. Thats right the 11 pip spell would be your own teacher and from now and so on the higher lvl pet and spell quests are given now by your corresponding Wysteria teacher!

This is my idea of what the teacher spell could be:

Note: every spell will be: Damage, Extra effect and School blade to yourself.

Dalia Flamea: 1200 to all enemies + 2 times your fire gear damage as damage for 3 rounds (100 fire gear damage would mean 200 fire damage each round for 3 rounds) and Fireblade to self

Lydia Greyrose: 1060 to all enemies, -50% Tower Shield to all allies and Iceblade to self

Halston Balestrom: 1000 to all enemies, steal all wards from a random enemy and Stormblade to self

Dworgyn: 500 over 3 rounds to all enemies, when the damage over turn ends you will heal yourself half of the TOTAL damage done to all enemies in those 3 rounds and Deathblade to self

Moolinda Wu: 1175 to all enemies, 900 heal over 3 rounds to all allies and Lifeblade to self

Cyrus Drake: 1100 to all enemies, stun a random enemy for 2 rounds and Mythblade to self

Alhazred: 1240 to all enemies. Weakness to all enemies and Bladestorm to self and all allies.

So let me know what you guys think

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
Really cool, but those spells would be really hard to beat, and not to mention arena battles would be WAY longer. Try not to make them that good.

Survivor
May 13, 2011
Cool idea, but i think instead of using them as a damage spell, they should be a very powerful minion. Of course, they wont be allowed in pvp since they are so strong. I just think it would make more sense.

Survivor
Nov 28, 2009
Yeah i tough that they were too strong for being 11 pips. Maybe teachers could be the 12/13 spell

Survivor
Aug 06, 2009
I think it would be weird if mobs in the streets were casting a spell that is your professor.

Explorer
Aug 06, 2008
Cool idea! I can tell you really favor life,ice, and balance spells though haha. Storm is the most powerful school as far as raw damage goes (in exchange for having the least health and a lower resistance), Sirens ( a 9 pip storm school spell) does basically that damage and has a slightly better effect. Storm would need a much larger boost for an 11 pip spell or it wouldn't be useful at all :D.
- Adam Seafist lvl 83

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
It's certainly a... unique idea. But storm owl seems to already better than the storm teachers spell. Damage wise I mean. And this would definitely need to be no PVP. I don't want to be mean or anything, but this idea isn't " speaking" to me. I thought wizard city hated wysteria or something too. Might be a bit cool to learn from a new teacher though. But in order to train any spells we'd need to go to wysteria, and that's impossible without a membership. But balance wizards already need to go to krokotopia every time they need a spell, so that might not be a concern. I'm just saying. I think the rank 11 spells should all have a certain theme. Like how the Azteca spells all had to do with the Aztecs or something prehistoric. It might seem a bit awkward to see Cyrus poof out of no where in the middle of the battle and start attacking like a mad man. Or seem a bit scary to see Lydia grey rose mercilessly pound your opponents into rubble. And another thing. Would the battle to get these spells if they were made have to be soloed? Because I hate solo battles.

Explorer
Oct 06, 2010
Cool! I would like to see Alhzhared out on the field with me!

-BrandonBearBreath Level 47 Master Sorcerer, Master Gardener

Explorer
Jul 15, 2012
Their... last spell? Shouldn't that be the 14 pip spell, anyways, even after that these are kinda... bad for 11 pip, just my opinion though .

Robert Angleblade
Legendary Theurgist

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
y is dworgyn so weak!?!?!?!? scarecrow is better than him1!

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
cgsbr on Aug 20, 2013 wrote:
y is dworgyn so weak!?!?!?!? scarecrow is better than him1!
Are you kidding me? The death spell is OP, means overpowered. It is too strong!

Survivor
Mar 21, 2012
The only school that deserves to get a multi hit spell is myth cause everyone knows it's the worst multi hit in the game, but that's my opinion

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
jakeorz2406 on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
The only school that deserves to get a multi hit spell is myth cause everyone knows it's the worst multi hit in the game, but that's my opinion
You hate myth? What!?

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
The spell ideas are cool but I would prefer the teacher as your minion for questing only as someone suggested. And um so after that the ravenwood teachers can't teach you anymore? They send you to wysteria? Umm that's like giving up ravenwood and transferring to pigswick mind as well be a pigswick student forever . So headmaster ambrose and your professor is just going to let you learn at the rival school? Lol what about the awesome school trees?? Can't give them up!!!

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
does anyone else realize that the school of damage is doing less damage then the school of defense in this idea?

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Wait. Is the storm spell idea the weakest? It does a thousand, and yet balance does 1240. The storm idea does less than the ICE spell! That seems really messed up.

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
They sound cool... but some are OP, some are to weak, damage ratings are wrong, some extra effects seem a bit wrong, it would be weird if an enemy cast this, and we shouldn't be transferred to Pigswick afterwards ( even if my teacher would be a Mander). It would be better if they were extremely good minions, though they wouldn't be allowed in PvP.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
How about spells from Wysteria teachers earlier?
Ember/: Salamander - 350 damage & 300 over time, 5 pips, 75% accuracy, lvl 25.
Ember Guardian - 700 damage & steal 1 positive charm, 6 pips, 75% accuracy, lvl 35.
Frost/: Gobbler - 500 damage & Tower Shield to self, 5 pips, 80% accuracy, lvl 25.
Frosty Tritop - 600 damage & stun, 6 pips, 80% accuracy, lvl 35.
Tempest/: Water-Lurker - 700 damage & StormBlade to self, 5 pips, 70% accuracy, lvl 25.
Tempest Eel - 800 damage & stun, 6 pips, 70% accuracy, lvl 35.
Chaos/: Yeti - 550 damage & Time of Legend, 5 pips, 85% accuracy, lvl 25.
Dagger O'Leary - 650 damage & Myth Trap, 6 pips, 85% accuracy, lvl 35.
Earth/: Earth Wizard - 500 & Life Shield, 5 pips, 90% accuracy, lvl 25.
Life Petrification - Stun all enemies and 400 to all allies, 6 pips, 90% accuracy, lvl 35.
Spirit/: Death Raven - 500 damage & half, 5 pips, 85% accuracy, lvl 25.
Spirit Walker - 350 damage to all enemies & half, 6 pips, 85% accuracy, lvl 35.
Equilibrium/: Marlybone Wizard - 300 damage to all enemies, 5 pips, 85% accuracy, lvl 25.
Krokotpian - 600 damage & Balanceblade to self, 6 pips, 85% accuracy, lvl 35.

Blaze SandBlade, lvl 45 sorcerer.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Maybe you could get astral spells from Belladonna Crisp:
: Work Harder - +5 accuracy, 5 piercing and 50 damage to one spell, lvl 45.
: Lights Out - Increase ice, myth and death damage by 15% (global spell), lvl 45.
: Astronomy Class - Makes 1 aura twice as long (8 rounds, instead of 4), lvl 50.

Explorer
Jan 17, 2011
Daniel Wintershard on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
Hi i had an idea that is about Wysteria teachers.

Your Ravenwood teacher has no longer spells to teach you so he gives you a quest in which you have to kill an ultra hard boss and in the end your teacher teaches you his/her last spell: HIMSELF!. Thats right the 11 pip spell would be your own teacher and from now and so on the higher lvl pet and spell quests are given now by your corresponding Wysteria teacher!

This is my idea of what the teacher spell could be:

Note: every spell will be: Damage, Extra effect and School blade to yourself.

Dalia Flamea: 1200 to all enemies + 2 times your fire gear damage as damage for 3 rounds (100 fire gear damage would mean 200 fire damage each round for 3 rounds) and Fireblade to self

Lydia Greyrose: 1060 to all enemies, -50% Tower Shield to all allies and Iceblade to self

Halston Balestrom: 1000 to all enemies, steal all wards from a random enemy and Stormblade to self

Dworgyn: 500 over 3 rounds to all enemies, when the damage over turn ends you will heal yourself half of the TOTAL damage done to all enemies in those 3 rounds and Deathblade to self

Moolinda Wu: 1175 to all enemies, 900 heal over 3 rounds to all allies and Lifeblade to self

Cyrus Drake: 1100 to all enemies, stun a random enemy for 2 rounds and Mythblade to self

Alhazred: 1240 to all enemies. Weakness to all enemies and Bladestorm to self and all allies.

So let me know what you guys think
Not the best idea, because I believe there would be more spells after that. But I just thought of the animations!
: Talking to a fire elf, teacher sees enemy, fire elf repeatedly shoots the enemy with arrows 10 times fast
: Flying around a snowy world, looks at the enemy, and then picks up a frost flower and throws at enemy and flower triggers a iceberg to fall on enemy
: Standing in the middle of a stormy island, finds enemy, makes a huge electrocution at enemy
: Standing in a grave yard, sees enemy with lantern, and suddenly a black blast toward enemy comes from the lantern
: Speaking to a unicorn, looks at enemy, whispers into unicorn's ear, and unicorn runs up and jumps onto enemy
: Watching a Cyclops, looks at enemy, and humungo frog falls on enemy (that thing weighs a ton) : Teaching a balance class, student sees enemy and tells teacher, teacher sets out the spirit Krokopatra on the enemy, and she throws spiritly scorching hot tea onto enemy
Hope you like it!
signed- Brianna Starsong legendary sorcerer

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
first off: the damages make no sense (fire and ice dealing more damage than storm with life really close). second: Delia Falmea teaches FIRE magic. the wisteria counterpart teaches EMBER magic. to very different things. for one: EMBER magicians can't fight. so what new spell would he teach us?

Baked Cookies: 0 pips. Does 0 damage. bake cookies and serve them to enemies and allies. doesn't heal or do damage but is very tasty!

yep. sorry but bad idea.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2011
naw but heck the piggy teachers could teach things like ice shark, fire shark, ect, think about it the spells been in the game for ever and the piggys like to cheat. why not have them teach the spells ungettable by out schools