Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New spell idea for Death and Myth

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I play a death and a myth wizard and I realized both schools don't have a strong enough multi attack spell for high level worlds.

Death only has Scarecrow doing 400 damage to all till he/she gets Call of Khrulhu . The Deer knight in the Wyrd; Avalon can only be crafted with a Legendary crafter's badge but many players don't craft. So I was thinking what if there is a spell like Sift Rattlebone: One creature sends out a whip with a electrical charge doing 650-710 damage to all.
2# There's a Bonetree Lord tc. I'd love to have that for my spell: Similar to the Forest Lord but this beast takes 2 dead trees and hits you with it doing 630-720 damage to all

Myth strongest spell is Earthquake doing 310 damage to all till he/she gets Mystic Colossus. What if there is a spell: One creature pops up from the ground, shoot sharpen thorns from it's body doing 600-700 damage and stun for one round to all.
These are examples of such spells which will make the 2 schools have a better survival rate to those who wish to go solo in higher levels. What is your opinion to this idea?

Tarlac Swiftblade 110
Arthur Battlethorn 110
Sloan Stormcatcher 110
Seth Stormstalker 110
Connor Deathslinger 110
Adrian Firecaster 110
Carlos Nightshade 80
Tanner Stormrider 53
Gorman Mythhaven 53

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Death and Myth are the 2 easiest solo schools I've run through the end of Polaris and I had no issues. Earthquake is pretty much a waste of pips in PvE also. It costs 2 more pips than Frog and does less damage. The difference between an enchanted Khrulhu and enchanted Scarecrow is one extra blade. The same is true with Frog and Mystic. It's really a non-issue.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
seethe42 on Sep 24, 2016 wrote:
Death and Myth are the 2 easiest solo schools I've run through the end of Polaris and I had no issues. Earthquake is pretty much a waste of pips in PvE also. It costs 2 more pips than Frog and does less damage. The difference between an enchanted Khrulhu and enchanted Scarecrow is one extra blade. The same is true with Frog and Mystic. It's really a non-issue.
I'm glad to hear that you have no issues but I heard many other players do find it difficult and too hard in much higher levels to play those wizards even with the blades they have until they get Sharpen and Reliquary. tc costs gold and fills the tc deck which will limit the capacity for other spells. I feel these 2 wizards need a stronger multi attack spell available for player's option for an example; a side quest. This game is for everyone to play anyway they like comfortably and have fun with any wizard they choose. :)

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
Patrick Ravenbane on Sep 25, 2016 wrote:
I'm glad to hear that you have no issues but I heard many other players do find it difficult and too hard in much higher levels to play those wizards even with the blades they have until they get Sharpen and Reliquary. tc costs gold and fills the tc deck which will limit the capacity for other spells. I feel these 2 wizards need a stronger multi attack spell available for player's option for an example; a side quest. This game is for everyone to play anyway they like comfortably and have fun with any wizard they choose. :)
As the other guy said, froggy is better than earthquake like 90% of the time. Myth gets mystic which is exactly what it needed. Also, frog is enough to scrape by until mystic, you just need to blade a lot. Deer night and lulu are also things. I admit you should be better off before 10/11 of the game is done, but its managable.

Steven Ghostforge level 110

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Patrick Ravenbane on Sep 25, 2016 wrote:
Sharpen is available via Enchanted Armament pets for drop at level 30 and for hatching at any level. Reliquary doesn't increase the blade stack. If you need your whole sidedeck for a combat in PvE you are doing something drastically wrong. There's also a problem if you have issues with gold at higher levels. Most players at higher levels have to throw away gold just to sell off things to clean their backpacks. While I agree the game should be enjoyed by everyone in the manner they like, that doesn't mean we should make schools over powered and too easy. Deer Knight btw is available to any level by lore packs and farming Loremaster. As for your proposed Myth spell, a colossal frog already does 600 base damage to all for only 4 pips.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
seethe42 on Sep 24, 2016 wrote:
Death and Myth are not the easiest solo schools mainly due to the lack of AOE spells they receive. Ice is definitely the most easily solo-able questing school.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Bigboss1029 on Sep 27, 2016 wrote:
As the other guy said, froggy is better than earthquake like 90% of the time. Myth gets mystic which is exactly what it needed. Also, frog is enough to scrape by until mystic, you just need to blade a lot. Deer night and lulu are also things. I admit you should be better off before 10/11 of the game is done, but its managable.

Steven Ghostforge level 110
I understand what you are saying. Like I said in my last post. I glad to heard you have not issues but I heard many other players do. It's not just about me or those who has no issues. It's also about others who do and doesn't have the strategy and the know hows like we do. Please read my last post again more carefully. It explains it all

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
seethe42 on Sep 27, 2016 wrote:
Sharpen is available via Enchanted Armament pets for drop at level 30 and for hatching at any level. Reliquary doesn't increase the blade stack. If you need your whole sidedeck for a combat in PvE you are doing something drastically wrong. There's also a problem if you have issues with gold at higher levels. Most players at higher levels have to throw away gold just to sell off things to clean their backpacks. While I agree the game should be enjoyed by everyone in the manner they like, that doesn't mean we should make schools over powered and too easy. Deer Knight btw is available to any level by lore packs and farming Loremaster. As for your proposed Myth spell, a colossal frog already does 600 base damage to all for only 4 pips.
I understand what you are saying but many other players don't have the same thought interests you have such as a pet and farming which are good ideas Lore packs costs crowns with many players don't have. Colossal frog is a good idea too. KI can add that in as a side quest for a optional spell. Reliquary does add 25% damage bonus. Those 2 spell ideas I mentioned are only examples for an optional spell to be available for those who chooses a stronger spell for their deck without making schools over powered and to easy. If that does happen, the player did it to their own wizard and want to adjust their spell deck.Those who have good battle strategy and the know hows my not need better spells like you, me and some other. What I'm saying is this games doesn't have game intensity option control button. So players can make their own game intensity by choosing gear which we have and spells to better their wizard more according to harder battles. By the post you wrote, I feel you misread some of what i said in my last post. Read it again more carefully. It explains more. I'm not trying to be mean. Pleas don't take it as an attack.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
frostednutella on Sep 27, 2016 wrote:
Death and Myth are not the easiest solo schools mainly due to the lack of AOE spells they receive. Ice is definitely the most easily solo-able questing school.
We must be playing different games. Myth has no lack of AOE spells. Death only runs into problems for a brief period at the start of Celestia. Once Death hits 48, it's not a problem. I've run solo through Polaris, got stuck at Xibalba. are the only schools that I easily soloed Tartarus with at level 90. Ice might be great in PvP but for solo questing it's not even close to the top. I found = easiest = fairly easy = moderate = moderate, but reaches more "stuck" spots than any other school in nearly every world.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2016
Patrick Ravenbane on Sep 23, 2016 wrote:
I play a death and a myth wizard and I realized both schools don't have a strong enough multi attack spell for high level worlds.

Death only has Scarecrow doing 400 damage to all till he/she gets Call of Khrulhu . The Deer knight in the Wyrd; Avalon can only be crafted with a Legendary crafter's badge but many players don't craft. So I was thinking what if there is a spell like Sift Rattlebone: One creature sends out a whip with a electrical charge doing 650-710 damage to all.
2# There's a Bonetree Lord tc. I'd love to have that for my spell: Similar to the Forest Lord but this beast takes 2 dead trees and hits you with it doing 630-720 damage to all

Myth strongest spell is Earthquake doing 310 damage to all till he/she gets Mystic Colossus. What if there is a spell: One creature pops up from the ground, shoot sharpen thorns from it's body doing 600-700 damage and stun for one round to all.
These are examples of such spells which will make the 2 schools have a better survival rate to those who wish to go solo in higher levels. What is your opinion to this idea?

Tarlac Swiftblade 110
Arthur Battlethorn 110
Sloan Stormcatcher 110
Seth Stormstalker 110
Connor Deathslinger 110
Adrian Firecaster 110
Carlos Nightshade 80
Tanner Stormrider 53
Gorman Mythhaven 53
these spells in action would honestly be the bomb for death students!
i can just see how much damage these spells could do with a few enchantments, blades and traps!

Stephanie, 54, Grandmaster Necromancer

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
Patrick Ravenbane on Sep 28, 2016 wrote:
I understand what you are saying. Like I said in my last post. I glad to heard you have not issues but I heard many other players do. It's not just about me or those who has no issues. It's also about others who do and doesn't have the strategy and the know hows like we do. Please read my last post again more carefully. It explains it all
Some people argue that frog is the best aoe because it's so cheap. I admit I had to stretch it a bit far but it's definitely doable. IDK about any other schools. Also for your mug animation idea, don't they already have that for life and death?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I understand what you are saying but many other players don't have the same thought interests you have such as a pet and farming which are good ideas Lore packs costs crowns with many players don't have. Colossal frog is a good idea too. KI can add that in as a side quest for a optional spell. Reliquary does add 25% damage bonus. Those 2 spell ideas I mentioned are only examples for an optional spell to be available for those who chooses a stronger spell for their deck without making schools over powered and to easy. If that does happen, the player did it to their own wizard and want to adjust their spell deck.Those who have good battle strategy and the know hows my not need better spells like you, me and some other. What I'm saying is this games doesn't have game intensity option control button. So players can make their own game intensity by choosing gear which we have and spells to better their wizard more according to harder battles. By the post you wrote, I feel you misread some of what i said in my last post. Read it again more carefully. It explains more. I'm not trying to be mean. Pleas don't take it as an attack.
I was thinking of something else with Reliquary, auras like that don't really come into play at higher levels because spells are sufficiently powered without them. Making more powerful spells does affect all players. Making the game too easy makes it boring. What level to you propose adding these spells and what pip cost? They really don't have a place in the current game. They are overpowered spells because you are proposing them at levels before Azteca. They have nerfed Azteca enough without giving out overpowered AOE's that aren't needed at that level. It's a player's job to adjust their play to succeed, not just hand them more powerful spells. You should play myth to high level. You will find that Frog works just fine once you have Astral boosts. Every school hits difficulty at your level when in Celestia.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
cansupirbudak on Sep 28, 2016 wrote:
these spells in action would honestly be the bomb for death students!
i can just see how much damage these spells could do with a few enchantments, blades and traps!

Stephanie, 54, Grandmaster Necromancer
True, but these spells are only examples for a stronger muti attacks to be available as an option; like a side quest for those who want to play Death or Myth and needs a better spell in their deck to help them in harder battles. All the other schools has their own multi attack spells doing just as much or more damage without enchantments, blades and traps. So these example spells blend in with the rest. It's up to us how strong we make our spells and without our decks being too much of encumbrance with enchantments. Getting a pet with enchantments are not that reliable in battle and involves lots of training. This is just a thought to those who have problems playing these 2 schools and does not want to play any other :)

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
seethe42 on Sep 28, 2016 wrote:
We must be playing different games. Myth has no lack of AOE spells. Death only runs into problems for a brief period at the start of Celestia. Once Death hits 48, it's not a problem. I've run solo through Polaris, got stuck at Xibalba. are the only schools that I easily soloed Tartarus with at level 90. Ice might be great in PvP but for solo questing it's not even close to the top. I found = easiest = fairly easy = moderate = moderate, but reaches more "stuck" spots than any other school in nearly every world.
Myth definitely has a lack of aoe spells. You have to wait for darkmoor to get a decent aoe spell. Also, ice is extremely good at soloing in game. Our strategies for questing may be different so what is hard for you to solo may be easy for me to solo. What you said was more opinionated.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
True, but these spells are only examples for a stronger muti attacks to be available as an option; like a side quest for those who want to play Death or Myth and needs a better spell in their deck to help them in harder battles. All the other schools has their own multi attack spells doing just as much or more damage without enchantments, blades and traps. So these example spells blend in with the rest. It's up to us how strong we make our spells and without our decks being too much of encumbrance with enchantments. Getting a pet with enchantments are not that reliable in battle and involves lots of training. This is just a thought to those who have problems playing these 2 schools and does not want to play any other :)
You say all other schools have AOE with this much damage or more, but that's not really true. Only Storm, Fire, & Ice have AOE with this much damage and they cost 7-8 pips. Death already has an 8 pip AOE with more damage, so there's no place for those. Life and Balance 8 pip spells do less than these. Myth is missing one until Mystic, but has other strengths such as the double hit and stuns. The spells just don't fit into any level appropriate slot.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
seethe42 on Sep 30, 2016 wrote:
You say all other schools have AOE with this much damage or more, but that's not really true. Only Storm, Fire, & Ice have AOE with this much damage and they cost 7-8 pips. Death already has an 8 pip AOE with more damage, so there's no place for those. Life and Balance 8 pip spells do less than these. Myth is missing one until Mystic, but has other strengths such as the double hit and stuns. The spells just don't fit into any level appropriate slot.
What I said is true. If you look at all the multi attack spells costs 7-8 pips except death and myth, you will see they all do (in the ball park) of 600-700 damage; few do more. Again I'm going to say, the death and myth spells I mentioned are only examples as an optional spell, (not a requirement) to be available to those who don't want to bother with enhancements, a pet or to farm. The 600-700 is just a number to give KI something to work with if they choose to do so. Why are we arguing about this. I explained it 3 times in past posts. I'm not going to repeat myself. End of story

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I propose a counter to your Myth spell idea. Instead of Basilisk hitting one enemy and stunning. It should hit all enemies with reduced damage and stun all enemies. It's essentially a weakened Rain of Fire with a stun.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
ToastedCoaster on Oct 3, 2016 wrote:
I propose a counter to your Myth spell idea. Instead of Basilisk hitting one enemy and stunning. It should hit all enemies with reduced damage and stun all enemies. It's essentially a weakened Rain of Fire with a stun.
That's another good Idea. I like that thought