Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Shadow-Astral spells!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 28, 2012

I think we should get shadow astral spells!

moon spells are about transformation, we already got those

star spells are auras. Why not make very strong auras but with a big downside
school attack auras - increase attack by 50% cannot use blades and traps while aura is on
critical aura - increase critical by 50% reduce block by 30%
defense aura - increase defense by 30% cannot use heals and shields while aura is on

sun spells and enchantments

attack enchantments:
increase attack hit range by -250/+500
increase attack hit range by -300/+600
increase attack hit range by -400/+700

[for example if I use the -300/+600 on a 400-450 attack the attack will be 100-1050 attack]
[blow zero: deduct from max! if I use -400/+700 on a 100 hit it will become a (-300) to 800 hit so it will actually be 0-500 attack]

blade enchantments:
increase blade by 40% put a 30% trap on self
increase blade by 50% put a 40% trap on self
increase blade by 60% put a 50% trap on self

card changers:
I don't know but can be really strong spell verities that will come with a price.

What do you guys think? Please I want to hear your opinion!

Defender
Nov 12, 2013
This sounds pretty amazing, a substantial increase but with a severe penalty. I love the new sun enchants you thought of, but personally I don't like the blade enchants, its not that they're a bad idea it's just that i wouldn't use them, like polymorphs.

Explorer
Jan 28, 2012
Actually, the idea was the reason I started this thread.
Glad you like it.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
Your ideas for new sun enchants are amazing, I use the sun enchants all the time. I do have one question though, What if the spell you wanted to enchant was, say Medusa. Medusa does not have a range and her damage is 770. How would the sun enchants work than?
James Darkforge Level 70

Survivor
Dec 11, 2013
Love the ideas, that is so cool! My favorite would probably be the blades and auras.

Would definitely like to see that in the future!

Explorer
Jan 28, 2012
Myth Student 22 on Jul 16, 2015 wrote:
Your ideas for new sun enchants are amazing, I use the sun enchants all the time. I do have one question though, What if the spell you wanted to enchant was, say Medusa. Medusa does not have a range and her damage is 770. How would the sun enchants work than?
James Darkforge Level 70
It would work like I mentioned in the original post. for example:

A 770 hit with enchant 300-600 will give an attack with 470-1370

I'm glad you like my idea

Explorer
Jan 28, 2012
GraceWinterBlossom on Jul 16, 2015 wrote:
Love the ideas, that is so cool! My favorite would probably be the blades and auras.

Would definitely like to see that in the future!
I'm very glad you like it

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
I think shadow auras would look awesome! But they would probably only work for shadow spells and we have to make a new trainer. Also, will it cost pips or no?

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
Also, how could you use Bloodbat using a spell? If you have a weakness on you, you could end up doing 0 damage or healing the enemy.

Explorer
Jan 28, 2012
rowynOB on Jul 26, 2015 wrote:
Also, how could you use Bloodbat using a spell? If you have a weakness on you, you could end up doing 0 damage or healing the enemy.
I'm glad you like my idea. I don't think it should cost any shadow pips, but if it will be implemented it will be up to KI to decide.
About the other issue, you can never go below zero because weakness is a percentage (0 times anything is still zero). But zero damage is possible, it's part of it being a shadow enchantment, you gain something but have to pay a price.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
I do like the idea but I'm not so happy with how the auras work.
I understand that the main idea of it is that you get something but lose something, but some of them don't make sense.

For the school attack auras, the "cannot use blades and traps while aura is on" is a bit strange, since they are attack boosts. The same problem occurs with the defensive aura, in which you "cannot use heals and shields while aura is on". It's not right because heals and shields are defensive spells.

I think that these auras should NOT affect what cards you can use, only increase and decrease certain statistics.

Here's my approach to the Shadow Aura spells:

The Offensive Aura
This spell increases outgoing damage (+50%) and incoming damage (+30%). This allows the caster to have stronger spells, but their enemy to have boosts too.

The Defensive Aura
This spell decreases outgoing damage (-30%) and incoming damage (-50%). This allows the caster to resist half the damage of the enemy's spell, but decreases their own damage as well by 30%.

The Critical Aura
This spell increases the caster's critical hit chance (+30%) and decreases their critical block chance (-20%). This allows the caster to have a higher chance of criticaling, but decreases their critical block chance.

The Critical Block Aura
This spell increases the caster's critical block chance (+30%) and decreases their critical hit chance (-20%). This allows the caster to have a higher chance of blocking a critical, but decreases their own critical hit chance.

- Marissa LifeBlossom
currently level 84+

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Ian Dragonpyre on Jul 28, 2015 wrote:
I'm glad you like my idea. I don't think it should cost any shadow pips, but if it will be implemented it will be up to KI to decide.
About the other issue, you can never go below zero because weakness is a percentage (0 times anything is still zero). But zero damage is possible, it's part of it being a shadow enchantment, you gain something but have to pay a price.
But with your most extreme enchantment: 'increase attack hit range by -400/+700', and use it on an Imp, 80-120 damage. This would give you a 1-pip Imp dealing: -320-820 damage to target. This could end up dealing between 820 damage & 320 health to the enemy chosen. I think, however, this could make it more interesting, and Weaknesses could work on the healing end too. Say you end up dealing -100 damage, the Weakness would make it -75 damage. This could work beautifully or fail horrifically. As with many ideas on these forums.

Explorer
Jan 28, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Jul 29, 2015 wrote:
But with your most extreme enchantment: 'increase attack hit range by -400/+700', and use it on an Imp, 80-120 damage. This would give you a 1-pip Imp dealing: -320-820 damage to target. This could end up dealing between 820 damage & 320 health to the enemy chosen. I think, however, this could make it more interesting, and Weaknesses could work on the healing end too. Say you end up dealing -100 damage, the Weakness would make it -75 damage. This could work beautifully or fail horrifically. As with many ideas on these forums.
Again, there's a comment I made right after the attack enchants named "Below Zero". If you use the 400/700 enchant on an imp doing 80-120 attack. It will be (-320) to 820 damage. So according to what I wrote, the max damage possible will be reduced so the new enchanted imp will do 0-500 damage (820 - 320 = 500). Now, if a -25% weakness is used the new damage will do 0-375 damage (0 times 0.75 to 500 times 0.75). So you see, you cannot go below zero damage.

Explorer
Jan 28, 2012
MarissatheFT on Jul 29, 2015 wrote:
I understand that the main idea of it is that you get something but lose something, but some of them don't make sense.

For the school attack auras, the "cannot use blades and traps while aura is on" is a bit strange, since they are attack boosts. The same problem occurs with the defensive aura, in which you "cannot use heals and shields while aura is on". It's not right because heals and shields are defensive spells.

I think that these auras should NOT affect what cards you can use, only increase and decrease certain statistics.

The Offensive Aura
This spell increases outgoing damage (+50%) and incoming damage (+30%). This allows the caster to have stronger spells, but their enemy to have boosts too.

The Defensive Aura
This spell decreases outgoing damage (-30%) and incoming damage (-50%). This allows the caster to resist half the damage of the enemy's spell, but decreases their own damage as well by 30%.

The Critical Aura
This spell increases the caster's critical hit chance (+30%) and decreases their critical block chance (-20%). This allows the caster to have a higher chance of criticaling, but decreases their critical block chance.

The Critical Block Aura
This spell increases the caster's critical block chance (+30%) and decreases their critical hit chance (-20%). This allows the caster to have a higher chance of blocking a critical, but decreases their own critical hit chance.

- Marissa LifeBlossom
currently level 84+
My thought was that, for example, if you use an offensive aura you will need to play an offencive role while the aura is on. That way you will be open for attacks. The same idea with the other auras.

Defender
Nov 12, 2013
MarissatheFT on Jul 29, 2015 wrote:

The Offensive Aura

The Defensive Aura

The Critical Aura

The Critical Block Aura

- Marissa LifeBlossom
currently level 84+
Your offensive aura idea is already in the game. Berserk: 0 pips; +30% incoming & +40% outgoing

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Ian Dragonpyre on Jul 13, 2015 wrote:

I think we should get shadow astral spells!

moon spells are about transformation, we already got those

star spells are auras. Why not make very strong auras but with a big downside
school attack auras - increase attack by 50% cannot use blades and traps while aura is on
critical aura - increase critical by 50% reduce block by 30%
defense aura - increase defense by 30% cannot use heals and shields while aura is on

sun spells and enchantments

attack enchantments:
increase attack hit range by -250/+500
increase attack hit range by -300/+600
increase attack hit range by -400/+700

[for example if I use the -300/+600 on a 400-450 attack the attack will be 100-1050 attack]
[blow zero: deduct from max! if I use -400/+700 on a 100 hit it will become a (-300) to 800 hit so it will actually be 0-500 attack]

blade enchantments:
increase blade by 40% put a 30% trap on self
increase blade by 50% put a 40% trap on self
increase blade by 60% put a 50% trap on self

card changers:
I don't know but can be really strong spell verities that will come with a price.

What do you guys think? Please I want to hear your opinion!

I don't see value in this. If I'm death and I have a +50% boosted Deathblade, a +40% regular Deathblade, a +45% amulet Deathblade, a +40% pet Deathblade, a +45% boosted Spirit Blade, a +35% regular Spirit Blade, +80% boosted Feint, and a +70% regular Feint, how does an aura that only provides me +50% to my attack whilst nullifying all of those other boosts for 4 rounds benefit me? What's the incentive to spend a training point on that spell?

The blade enchantments however... I would almost definitely use for my ice, and would probably consider it for most other schools as well.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
Arcanexo on Aug 5, 2015 wrote:
Your offensive aura idea is already in the game. Berserk: 0 pips; +30% incoming & +40% outgoing
The Offensive Aura I chose does NOT exist in the game, as what I wrote were just ideas.
Yes, the spell Beserk exists, but it's not the same as the aura I created. (Berserk - +40% outgoing and +30% incoming; Offensive Aura - +50% outgoing and +30% incoming).
I don't intend to sound rude, I'm just trying to clear this up.

Explorer
Jan 28, 2012
High Five Ghost on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:

I don't see value in this. If I'm death and I have a +50% boosted Deathblade, a +40% regular Deathblade, a +45% amulet Deathblade, a +40% pet Deathblade, a +45% boosted Spirit Blade, a +35% regular Spirit Blade, +80% boosted Feint, and a +70% regular Feint, how does an aura that only provides me +50% to my attack whilst nullifying all of those other boosts for 4 rounds benefit me? What's the incentive to spend a training point on that spell?

The blade enchantments however... I would almost definitely use for my ice, and would probably consider it for most other schools as well.
Yeah, I wrote it wrong and I cannot edit it. My thought was that, for example, if you use an offensive aura you will need to play an offencive role while the aura is on. That way you will be open for attacks. The same idea with the other auras.

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
Kind of like Backlash for existing shadow spells, but for auras (and sun enchantments). Cool!

Since we're on the subject, how about school specific shield auras?

, that shields -65% to incoming , , and damage, for four turns, no backlash.
, that shields -75% to incoming damage, for four turns, no backlash (cause, Supernova, you know)

Or we can mix and match: , or , .

The percentages are so high because pierce is out of control; and I'd like shields in general to increase their percentage rating. What good is a volcanic shield when it can be pierced to only 30%?

Great suggestions!

Explorer
Jan 28, 2012
Exabytes on Aug 16, 2015 wrote:
Kind of like Backlash for existing shadow spells, but for auras (and sun enchantments). Cool!

Since we're on the subject, how about school specific shield auras?

, that shields -75% to incoming damage, for four turns, no backlash (cause, Supernova, you know)

Or we can mix and match: , or , .

The percentages are so high because pierce is out of control; and I'd like shields in general to increase their percentage rating. What good is a volcanic shield when it can be pierced to only 30%?

Great suggestions!
This can also be good. So many possibilities for new Shadow-Astral spells.

Explorer
Nov 02, 2011
these to me seems like a well thought out idea and I think it sounds great!

Explorer
Feb 23, 2012
this is similar to what i made in one of my post but for different for each school having certain abilities. Anyways i like these ideas too. but would be better if they where more shadow dominant having to use a shadow pip for these and make them non-popable if you know what i mean ( just a suggestion)

Explorer
Jan 28, 2012
captain jarlaxle on Aug 20, 2015 wrote:
these to me seems like a well thought out idea and I think it sounds great!
I'm glad you liked my idea

Explorer
Jan 28, 2012
zachery NS on Aug 22, 2015 wrote:
this is similar to what i made in one of my post but for different for each school having certain abilities. Anyways i like these ideas too. but would be better if they where more shadow dominant having to use a shadow pip for these and make them non-popable if you know what i mean ( just a suggestion)
I'm glad you like my idea
but I don't agree with the spells to use up shadow pips. I mean enchanting a card will take pips?