Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New School: Water

2
AuthorMessage
Champion
Aug 20, 2010
403
BlueGhost004 on Jul 3, 2013 wrote:
Ok, so there is ice, life, fire, storm, myth, death, and balance schools so it just seems right to have a water school. Perhaps, water school could be the opposite school to balance, then balance could have a prism. It would be very cool to have a spell with something that looks like Poseidon or something. There could be starfish, mermaid, and seahorse pets! Just an idea.
I was getting worried and kinda scared when you brought in a new school idea and made it oppose balance, when I read prism I couldn't argue, we need a prism.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
362
BlueGhost004 on Jul 6, 2013 wrote:
Hey guys, it's an idea forum, no need to be rude. Thank you to the one person who was the least bit polite on these replies.

When someone makes fun of your ideas, think about how you've done it too, and, next time, try being nice. Thanks.
I've read all the posts, and not one of them were rude to your idea. Just because they disagree or say storm is water dose not mean they are being rude. Yes, when some people disagree with my ideas it themes they are being rude, but storm is already water.

-Nicholas Hawkspear level 90

Survivor
Aug 04, 2010
9
Chaos seems to be a good school to be against balance, and they could make it so the place you learn the spells is in Pigswick.

Explorer
Mar 17, 2012
66
Scarlet Fever on Jul 4, 2013 wrote:
It sounds like an interesting concept, however when you say a Poseidon spell i think of the storm spell Triton. There are also already starfish pets that can be bought in Celestia along with other pets like a sea turtle if i'm correct, its been a long time since i did Celestia. Aside from those i think some already mentioned water school ideas from other threads could be combined with these into a water school.
What area in celestia do you buy pets at im dieing to know

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
12
Both and are water related schools plus there are mermaid pets and a spell called sirens, there is a starfish and other kids of fish pets, and there is a seahorse mount so sry.

Survivor
Nov 28, 2009
5
although a new school would be cool, water is sort of a copy of storm. I realize everyone is saying this but think about it. ALMOST all attacking storm spells have water in them. Also, ice is sort of the same thing but just frozen.

Caitlin Jade Blossom
LVL 42
death

Survivor
Dec 02, 2012
17
1320Wraith on Jul 3, 2013 wrote:
Water would pretty much just be storm. Also, water isn't really a logical opposite to balance, and balance doesn't have a prism for a reason. Poseidon in my mind looks pretty much like storm lord. There is already a starfish pet and a seahorse mount, and personally Kingsisle needs to stay away from humanoid pets (and shouldn't even consider riding on humanoids). The current seven schools is perfect for covering pretty much every area of the game.
I agree storm is pretty much water

Explorer
Dec 16, 2012
53
Wizgamer105 on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
I was getting worried and kinda scared when you brought in a new school idea and made it oppose balance, when I read prism I couldn't argue, we need a prism.
Doesn`t a prism kind of take away the point of Balance, unless it is like an Elemental prism or Spirit Prism, so it converts randomly to one of the schools?

Survivor
Jul 17, 2013
8
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
861
DominoDog222 on Aug 21, 2013 wrote:
Doesn`t a prism kind of take away the point of Balance, unless it is like an Elemental prism or Spirit Prism, so it converts randomly to one of the schools?
Good idea, how about this:

Elemental Prism - converts next incoming balance attack into either fire, ice or storm.
Spirit Prism - converts next incoming balance attack into either myth, life or death.
Mass Elemental Prism - converts next incoming balance attack into either fire, ice or storm to all enemies.
Mass Spirit Prism - converts next incoming balance attack into either myth, life or death to all enemies.

Finally Balance will have a prism. And you learn the Prism spells from Niles, & the Mass Prism spells from Cassie the Ponycorn.

Defender
Jan 22, 2012
104
I think it would just end up being too similar to Storm - since Storm encompasses a lot of aquatic/water-themed spells, KI would probably run out of ideas fast for Water.
Sierra Ashblood, Transcendent

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
278
the water school is just storm you can say it ice to because storm has to do with everything water I mean if you go to commons into raven wood and read the books in the school it will even tell storm is water so if you make a water class then your just making another storm class who is just as strong and will make it harder for everybody playing the game I mean I hate battling storm there way over power and your class is strong as it is I mean only block that can block you is you do a blance spell is tower block and you have all the school blades and traps and blocks so there no point in you have having a corvert when you can do it all and adding a new class sure it be fun but it cost a lot and not everybody going want to make a new wizard sent they work so hard on there first one but if they made a new water power up kinda thing that be just as cool but for all class is not just yours because we would like to try it to but I sry water class just not the best ideal I mean we all rdy have a life that's is earth fire that is heat the sun stuff like that ice who is water that frozen snow and other thing death who is like fait and myth who is like from story books storm who is like everything to do with water and nartal destar blanc well it like all the world so we really don't need a new class we need new spell and these coming from a wizard

Survivor
Sep 23, 2013
1
Survivor
Oct 20, 2011
21
Beast Master School where you can learn how to raise control and hatch lots of pets
your wizard can summon more then one pet at a time and learn new talents
the pets can drop items sometimes like food,eggs and treasury cards
on rare times maybe weapons.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
278
FireStar1022 on Oct 5, 2013 wrote:
Beast Master School where you can learn how to raise control and hatch lots of pets
your wizard can summon more then one pet at a time and learn new talents
the pets can drop items sometimes like food,eggs and treasury cards
on rare times maybe weapons.
sounds kinda like myth but it sounds cool to be able to have a pet card class that kinda be cool i wanna try out that class

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
763
Survivor
May 09, 2009
10
water would be half-way between ice and storm

they should add some more schools not just the astreal (moon, star, sun)

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
11
BlueGhost004 on Jul 3, 2013 wrote:
Ok, so there is ice, life, fire, storm, myth, death, and balance schools so it just seems right to have a water school. Perhaps, water school could be the opposite school to balance, then balance could have a prism. It would be very cool to have a spell with something that looks like Poseidon or something. There could be starfish, mermaid, and seahorse pets! Just an idea.
i like the idea but shouldn't water should be an opposite to fire? even know ice already is.
Ice and fire could combine to make water. so i think that you should have ice for your school, fire for your secondary school, and at like level 40 it asks you, would you like to combine these schools to make water?
then if you choose yes you get a quest to go talk to the water school located behind the ice school (some secret entry through the bookshelf behind the teacher in the ice school)
you get a quest to beat an ice and fire boss in grizzlehiem, rank 6, when you beat them you hold the emeralds of ice and fire (you get from the bosses) and you go back to the water school and the water teacher combines them to create a water spell book. then you can get the water spells up to level 40, and so on.
(ice and fire will still be in your deck)
thats my idea

alex battlebane level 82

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
278
kodybear557 on Oct 10, 2013 wrote:
i like the idea but shouldn't water should be an opposite to fire? even know ice already is.
Ice and fire could combine to make water. so i think that you should have ice for your school, fire for your secondary school, and at like level 40 it asks you, would you like to combine these schools to make water?
then if you choose yes you get a quest to go talk to the water school located behind the ice school (some secret entry through the bookshelf behind the teacher in the ice school)
you get a quest to beat an ice and fire boss in grizzlehiem, rank 6, when you beat them you hold the emeralds of ice and fire (you get from the bosses) and you go back to the water school and the water teacher combines them to create a water spell book. then you can get the water spells up to level 40, and so on.
(ice and fire will still be in your deck)
thats my idea

alex battlebane level 82
thats a cool ideal but I would like to be able to try it and that be if you have ice and fire so then no one but ice and fire get a new school I think they should make lots of school like that so everybody could try it that way it would be more fun because I ice and death so I would not get to try water and I would want to try it

Survivor
Jul 22, 2011
19
BlueGhost004 on Jul 3, 2013 wrote:
Ok, so there is ice, life, fire, storm, myth, death, and balance schools so it just seems right to have a water school. Perhaps, water school could be the opposite school to balance, then balance could have a prism. It would be very cool to have a spell with something that looks like Poseidon or something. There could be starfish, mermaid, and seahorse pets! Just an idea.
i like the idea of a new school but

its a lot like storm

and when creating a new school, it would affect other schools with things such as
boosts
shields
balance(the school)
elemental blades
and the 7-way look in the middle of ravenwood
new enemies would have to be added
etc.

but--- still good idea

Mastermind
Jan 27, 2010
397
Well whilst storm does have water covered in this game storm is not an element but a period of time in nature in which hot and cold collide to cause chaos and turbulence so in a way the fire and ice schools make storm and storm lives in life also water is not an element in itself it's a compound so it would not already have a spot taken in the game literally speaking so as far as elements go there's room for a lot of them in the game seeing as no existing school is a true element and then you have the balance school which represents harmony in all of the schools.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
23
BlueGhost004 on Jul 3, 2013 wrote:
Ok, so there is ice, life, fire, storm, myth, death, and balance schools so it just seems right to have a water school. Perhaps, water school could be the opposite school to balance, then balance could have a prism. It would be very cool to have a spell with something that looks like Poseidon or something. There could be starfish, mermaid, and seahorse pets! Just an idea.
it would be interesting but it wouldnt work. And besides, water actually falls under the category of balance (though many sterotype storm for being part water because of its spells). One of the first balance school quests you do leads you to a judgement. (yes the one that pops up in the commons pond in WC). This judgement will tell you about the powers of balance and it will explain that balance combines ice and storm to create water, therefore making water a Balance, ice, and storm trait. And as stated many times before, there is a starfish pet, seahorse mount, and a sirens (mermaids) spell already in existence.


2