Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New School Spells

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
These would be spells found by the Pigswick Academy teachers. I understand the division in this topic, but here's what I think could happen:

Each Pigswick Academy teacher would give spell free to those of like schools (Frost for Ice, Ember for Fire, etc). None of these spells involve shadow magic.

School
Chaos - magic of unexpected, unusual and unpredictable. It defies logic and turns things downside-up
Earth - magic of Ground, Growth, and the untamed soil
Ember - Warm and security
Equilibrium - Creating harmony
Frost - Frost is fleeting, quick; a fragile and delicate thing
Spirit - Concerns the ghostly state that exists after life. We are students of the immaterial world
Tempest - Duality and hidden meaning; like the tide, it’s about the ebb and flow of life

New (PvE only) School Spell & Explanation

Chaos
Diametric - Changes who goes first in a round. It would last 3 rounds, then automatically revert back to the original order. So, it would get cast on round 1, last for rounds 2, 3, and 4, then auto flip back on round 5. It would have a 5 round cool off period, before it could be cast again.

Earth
Absorb Shock - Dispels charm/ward effects from spells. For example, you would receive the damage from earthquake, but not have your blades, shields, or traps removed from you. It would work twice then stop. It would give a stun block TYPE of icon, but not the same one. Each time it’s used, an icon is removed. Also, these can’t be stacked. You can’t put another one on until after they are both used up. Yes, I know the Summer 2016 update gave us sun school spell that does this same thing, but it’s only for one protection. I’ve been kicking this idea around for a long time now.

Ember
Faerie Fire - Heals whole team a small amount of health, over time. This would be similar to Link/Power link, except that there would be no damage, and the healing effect would be 55 + a 345 HoT

Equilibrium
Mirror Effect - Takes all buffs and debuffs and gives them to everybody in the fight, excluding ring and aura spells.

Frost
Frost Shield - Gives a -50% damage to all allies on round 1
Replaces the -50% with a -25% on round 2
Replaces the -25% with a -10% on round 3

Eliminates it at the beginning of 4 before any other actions happen. If a shield is used, it is NOT replaced in subsequent rounds

Spirit
Haunted Energy - At the end of a fight, this yields a life sap equal to 1/5th of the total damage the caster did, to the whole team. This happens after the last enemy falls.

Tempest
Hectic Tide:

On the 1st round, it gives a +25% blade
On the 2nd round, it replaces the 25% blade with a 10% blade
On the 3rd round, it replaces the 10% blade with a 10% trap
On the 4th round, it replace the 10% trap with a 25% trap

If the 1st blade is used, the 2nd one does not get placed.
If the 1st trap is used, the 2nd one does not get placed.

The trap is placed on the same person who got the blade

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
I love this idea and I'm sure we've all thought of it inside pigswick, but the sad truth is KI won't implement a new school with only one spell. So here is another set of spells.

chaos; power storm. (overtime)usesblades randomises between these heal 100, deal 100, deal 300, deal 500
earth; stunning blade 60% stun block pierce
ember;
Equilibrium; sword and shield! the shield is random (45%) the blade buffs whatever school the user is (25%)
Frost; winter sting destroy one shield of 35% or higher and adds a blade for 50% sun spells do not work on this spell
spirit; doctor's tools adds two healing buff traps to yourself and a healing blade to anyone.
tempest; tides guidance deal 260 to all on the selected enemy destroys all shields on the opponent yet DOES NOT destroy traps
these spells may be obtained with training points. but the other ones must be obtained through a quest.
Let me know what you think and I hope these schools get implemented into the game!

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
I sad to tell you that wysteria do not practice magic. If you do its lore you learn the teachers there don't really now magic and most of its students become black smiths. I don't know why king isle wasted such sick names on useless npc world that no one does anyway.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
yes, Im fully aware that as thing are now, Wysteria magicians arent. I was jsut thinking how Wysteria could be expanded. Most people seem to agree that Wysteria is the worst world, and has the biggest potential for expansion simply by revisiting it with a good story. These spells were simply an idea to do something different from the 7 primary schools.