Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New School and select a homeworld?

1
AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 20, 2008
139
I was reading through some posts, and saw that the user LoganCrowSpear1337 had mention a new magic school called AIR, that wizards would be able to choose at the beginning of the game, which would be meant to counter balance, which, i think the majority of players would enjoy. Balance is way to overpowered, it weakens everyone, powers up everyone, and itself, has power pips, high accuracy, and pretty high damage, and resistance. It needs SOMETHING to counter it. so, LoganCrowSpear1337's idea of Air Magic is really in my opinion.

On another note, Something I've never liked about this game was, "Coming from a world that doesn't believe magic." It just never stuck to me. I've always wanted to come from some world that was something like Lord of the Rings, or Legend of Zelda, or something like an anime, so, before Avalon was released I'd say that my homeworld was Mooshu or Grizzleheim. Once Avalon came out, i was sold, it was my homeworld! But, In actuality, I'm still from that "Realm that does not believe in magic." Something I think that'd be really awesome would be to, in similar fashion to Pirate101, is choose a homeworld. Maybe those homeworld would give a certain stats boost? Like maybe, since Avalon has so many storm monsters, it increases critical and damage? Krokotopia has lots of Elemental guys, so, resistance or something? Even if the worlds didnt come with special boosts, I still think it would be really awesome to just log on one day and have Merle ask me "What world are you from?" Just change the dialogue at the beginning of the game for new wizards to "They come from the world of...." whatever world the player selects, and older players would have to talk to Mr. Lincoln to tell him what world the came from.

This is just an Idea which i think would make the game more fun in a way. I think it'd be awesome to have happen just because it sounds so much cooler then coming from boring old Earth

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
61
That sounds like an excellent idea! *makes grabby hands at krokotopia*

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
278
KieranMoonFlame on Feb 16, 2015 wrote:
I was reading through some posts, and saw that the user LoganCrowSpear1337 had mention a new magic school called AIR, that wizards would be able to choose at the beginning of the game, which would be meant to counter balance, which, i think the majority of players would enjoy. Balance is way to overpowered, it weakens everyone, powers up everyone, and itself, has power pips, high accuracy, and pretty high damage, and resistance. It needs SOMETHING to counter it. so, LoganCrowSpear1337's idea of Air Magic is really in my opinion.

On another note, Something I've never liked about this game was, "Coming from a world that doesn't believe magic." It just never stuck to me. I've always wanted to come from some world that was something like Lord of the Rings, or Legend of Zelda, or something like an anime, so, before Avalon was released I'd say that my homeworld was Mooshu or Grizzleheim. Once Avalon came out, i was sold, it was my homeworld! But, In actuality, I'm still from that "Realm that does not believe in magic." Something I think that'd be really awesome would be to, in similar fashion to Pirate101, is choose a homeworld. Maybe those homeworld would give a certain stats boost? Like maybe, since Avalon has so many storm monsters, it increases critical and damage? Krokotopia has lots of Elemental guys, so, resistance or something? Even if the worlds didnt come with special boosts, I still think it would be really awesome to just log on one day and have Merle ask me "What world are you from?" Just change the dialogue at the beginning of the game for new wizards to "They come from the world of...." whatever world the player selects, and older players would have to talk to Mr. Lincoln to tell him what world the came from.

This is just an Idea which i think would make the game more fun in a way. I think it'd be awesome to have happen just because it sounds so much cooler then coming from boring old Earth
Here's what i think

1 no air school Because we have a balance of school and balance is kinda the air school
balance uses a lot of sand base spells that always kinda have towards or air attacks. ice use well frozen water hit fire use fire storm is like water and wind death is like ghost and the dead myth is everything from story books and junk life is wood healing and groth

there not supost to be a opposite to balance because it was made up out of all the school

next up i think no to the worlds having boost on your states that make us not only op in some worlds but kinda a lot of undesired work

last thing it would be interesting if merland said what world you from at random moments and you could Chang it all threw out the game just for fun

level 100
level 81
level 21

Explorer
Jun 13, 2009
92
I'm sorry but how in the Spiral does AIR counter BALANCE? That makes no sense at all, plus Air magic technically has to do with the Storm school. If you havent already noticed there are schools that counter balance such as myth, life, and Death that boost balance in PvE. Not only this but KI would have to remake the entire game from scratch to add in an entire new school at the beginning which would be a huge waste of time as they are already working on the third arc for the game. Furthermore the new worlds have already been announced by a npc at the end of the second arc.

Victoria Storm

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
950
I'm against new primary schools, and I don't think the Shadow school was a flop at all. New primary schools will only mean that we'll have to leave one more school out if we don't want to make another account, and it feels like a waste to play a character to a mid to high level and then delete that character in favour of another school. It also wouldn't make sense to have eight primary schools, having seven schools was planned. Where would the new school fit on the school chart? KI would have to remake that as well. And what about the story? KI would have to add enemies to all worlds that are of the new school, which would take a lot of time and effort. The school would also have to be located somewhere, so where would it fit?

A counter to Balance? The only sensible option would be Chaos, because how does air, wind or earth upset the world's balance? The Chaos school already kind of exists, though, it's Pigswick's version of Myth (even though they aren't actual schools of magic), so that would have to be remade as well. Subsequently, if Balance got an opposite school, the Spirit schools shouldn't boost on it anymore, and it'd be only logical to change Balance's blades and traps to Balance damage only and add a Balance shield. And Balance would finally be just like all the other schools, wait, that's a bad thing, isn't it? Spoiler alert, it is.

Also, what would the school be like? Every school has its strengths and weaknesses, what would the new school have that hasn't been used? How does it make sense to add a new primary school? I'll answer myself, it doesn't make any sense.
I'm indifferent about selecting a home world, but fail to see the need to make such a change.

Explorer
May 02, 2010
94
Balance definitely needs a counter, I agree. Damage is insane, high resist, 2nd or 3rd highest base health, good pips, and not to mention those OP spells (burn, nova)

Survivor
Jul 31, 2013
33
DarkWIZard98x on Feb 17, 2015 wrote:
I'm sorry but how in the Spiral does AIR counter BALANCE? That makes no sense at all, plus Air magic technically has to do with the Storm school. If you havent already noticed there are schools that counter balance such as myth, life, and Death that boost balance in PvE. Not only this but KI would have to remake the entire game from scratch to add in an entire new school at the beginning which would be a huge waste of time as they are already working on the third arc for the game. Furthermore the new worlds have already been announced by a npc at the end of the second arc.

Victoria Storm
How in the Spiral does counter ? They're not opposite at all. So why not Air and Balance? Also thanks for saying my idea was good.

Explorer
Oct 14, 2008
77
I agree that balance and air sounds like an awesome counter and / boost

I also love the idea of a home world with boosted stats to your wizard

Survivor
Jan 11, 2013
23
New school should definetly be life school .Oh, but we already have one.

Even if something so brutally game changing would be good, I think that it wouldn't be worth the risk about ruining this awesome game. Of course it's always amazing to imagine of new storyline or fanfiction.

But, if there would have to be one, it could be about understanding the deeper meaning of everything our little eyes of wizards can see.. something that even Merle can't see quite yet...

Survivor
Dec 27, 2014
1
it sounds great to me because a few days ago my friend wanted a new school

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
139
EVEN If it wasnt going to be Air magic, this little runt, here, Mr magic, needs a counter badly.
Its horrible fighting these monsters in the streets or in pvp, since you CANT weaken them in anyway whatsoever.

As for worlds increasing Stats like Attack or whatnot, (Depending on the worlds dominant element, meaing, if its dominant school was storm, players damage would be increased, regardless of if they are storm or not, their schools damage is increased, or if it was ice, you can be a storm wizard with better resist.) Thats just an idea.
I still strongly think Wizard101 needs a homeworld system that has to at least include AVALON or GRIZZLEHIEM, since those are two of my favorite worlds.

As i also said, i DID not come up with Air magic, another user did, and i was just passing his idea around.
The main idea of this, though is....We need homeworlds like Pirate101 and Balance needs a counter.

ANYWAYS, Thank you for all the feedback!

~~

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
139
DarkWIZard98x on Feb 17, 2015 wrote:
I'm sorry but how in the Spiral does AIR counter BALANCE? That makes no sense at all, plus Air magic technically has to do with the Storm school. If you havent already noticed there are schools that counter balance such as myth, life, and Death that boost balance in PvE. Not only this but KI would have to remake the entire game from scratch to add in an entire new school at the beginning which would be a huge waste of time as they are already working on the third arc for the game. Furthermore the new worlds have already been announced by a npc at the end of the second arc.

Victoria Storm
Well I do see your point. I just saying that Balance desperately needs a counter.
As for another school, all it'd really require is just to remake Ravenwood, (But that would be a pain)
So even if it wasnt a school they could select it should still be something you can learn like, i dont know, astral magic?

As the worlds thing i said that we need to have Homeworlds. like Pirate101 and being able to choose what world you were raised in.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
278
KieranMoonFlame on Feb 21, 2015 wrote:
Well I do see your point. I just saying that Balance desperately needs a counter.
As for another school, all it'd really require is just to remake Ravenwood, (But that would be a pain)
So even if it wasnt a school they could select it should still be something you can learn like, i dont know, astral magic?

As the worlds thing i said that we need to have Homeworlds. like Pirate101 and being able to choose what world you were raised in.
Air dose not seem like balance oopsit at all

i mean balance stands for keep order and not letting anything get to powered

But only thing opposite to balance truthfully would be evil but we are the good guys not the bad guys

i mean look at this chart

is the school of blocks there opposite and fire is the school of over time damge and logically speaking fire would melt ice so there opposite anyway

is the power school myth is like the buff school that removed blocks and summons a army to help them
and there the logically speaking opposite for each other
myth is all about fairy tales and storm is all about facts

life is healingdeath is stealing heals
this is another logical choice i mean life is growing death make everything die

balance is all the balance of the classes
balance is made up of all the other classes i mean with out then there would be no balance class and there class is all about keeping balance in the other classes

Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
10
here's an idea
BALANCE PRISMS
Balance will have two prisms, just because, well, Balance.
Elemental Prism And Spirit Prism
it will randomly choose a school for you to do damage with (depending on which one you chose)
the Elemental Prism would change to either ,, or
the Spirit Prism would change to either , , or

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
61
TheLegionOfAnime on Mar 18, 2015 wrote:
here's an idea
BALANCE PRISMS
Balance will have two prisms, just because, well, Balance.
Elemental Prism And Spirit Prism
it will randomly choose a school for you to do damage with (depending on which one you chose)
the Elemental Prism would change to either ,, or
the Spirit Prism would change to either , , or
If those prisms (converts?) are implemented, I think that it would be a bit better if when you click on an enemy to cast it on you can choose what school it would change it to.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4163
TheLegionOfAnime on Mar 18, 2015 wrote:
here's an idea
BALANCE PRISMS
Balance will have two prisms, just because, well, Balance.
Elemental Prism And Spirit Prism
it will randomly choose a school for you to do damage with (depending on which one you chose)
the Elemental Prism would change to either ,, or
the Spirit Prism would change to either , , or
If you add prisms you would have to add Balance shields. That defeats the main strength of Balance.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3171
balance is not op.

1) we are the only school that cannot break shields or wand off a weakness;
2) we don't have school-only buffs (ours are usable by everyone);
3) we don't have a good 2-pip bubble;
4) no damage over time spells;
5) our only heals are over-time.

this is a pvp complaint, therefore it belongs on the pvp board. but i like the idea of a home world (dragonspyre is definitely mine).

-von
exalted

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
227
I love the idea of choosing your homeworld!

Survivor
Aug 11, 2012
28
The idea of choosing your homeworld would be great! (i be comin fo you mooshu. Healing boosts maybe? idk, I'm a Theurgist) I've never played Pirate101, though.

Laura Dreamgiver, Level 54

Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
18
lol Counter to Balance, Never really got why people always Balance to op and harp on Lore. Yes Balance has health. middling resist unless boosted from pet.

Pluses
1 health
2 pip

Negatives
1 90% of spells low end of damage compared to other schools avg big spell (500 base)
2 accuracy boost from gears low
3 no convert so no way around shields
4 true balance blade without boost 20 and 25% not to mention if we get down can't use an off school to remove while keeping our blade.
Those are whole game pvp and pve

Pve draw backs balance had to go another way ie master amulets just to be included in parties for places like Tartarus since all the bosses were 80% plus resist so balance relegated to a healer while life was promoted to hitter.

With darkmoor gear Storm for example has outlandish stats in all areas except life which is relatively not worth mentioning as a deficiency since seen with 4k life 550 crit 300 block 110 damage 30+ accuracy 30+ pierce and 40 resist

Lastly Lore spell seriously all the whining 390-470 damage leaves -20%dmg and -35 acc after hit so which is to high -35% ac doesn't even make storms fizzle anymore it's not an aoe that removes blades or shields maybe it's the high damage down at -20% that cripples opponents next attack that makes it op unlike the poor fire whose spell leaves a pathetic -90% or deaths measly -90% juju just saying alot of complaints about this school but have you ever taken the time to really look at it it is not a powerhouse people who play it well have to play patient now if your being beaten easy by a balance the fault may lie with you and your set up the day of one sided sets are gone .
you can go all crit anymore and expect to win some semblance of balance on how you equip yourself must be considered and not shift the blame on one school or gear that ki introduced ie jade.

otherwise the only way to truly fix this outlandishly Op school " Balance" is simple Just remove it from game and see what school is being called Op next

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4163
White Mage on Apr 17, 2015 wrote:
lol Counter to Balance, Never really got why people always Balance to op and harp on Lore. Yes Balance has health. middling resist unless boosted from pet.

Pluses
1 health
2 pip

Negatives
1 90% of spells low end of damage compared to other schools avg big spell (500 base)
2 accuracy boost from gears low
3 no convert so no way around shields
4 true balance blade without boost 20 and 25% not to mention if we get down can't use an off school to remove while keeping our blade.
Those are whole game pvp and pve

Pve draw backs balance had to go another way ie master amulets just to be included in parties for places like Tartarus since all the bosses were 80% plus resist so balance relegated to a healer while life was promoted to hitter.

With darkmoor gear Storm for example has outlandish stats in all areas except life which is relatively not worth mentioning as a deficiency since seen with 4k life 550 crit 300 block 110 damage 30+ accuracy 30+ pierce and 40 resist

Lastly Lore spell seriously all the whining 390-470 damage leaves -20%dmg and -35 acc after hit so which is to high -35% ac doesn't even make storms fizzle anymore it's not an aoe that removes blades or shields maybe it's the high damage down at -20% that cripples opponents next attack that makes it op unlike the poor fire whose spell leaves a pathetic -90% or deaths measly -90% juju just saying alot of complaints about this school but have you ever taken the time to really look at it it is not a powerhouse people who play it well have to play patient now if your being beaten easy by a balance the fault may lie with you and your set up the day of one sided sets are gone .
you can go all crit anymore and expect to win some semblance of balance on how you equip yourself must be considered and not shift the blame on one school or gear that ki introduced ie jade.

otherwise the only way to truly fix this outlandishly Op school " Balance" is simple Just remove it from game and see what school is being called Op next
3 There is no shield against Balance, that WHY we don't need a convert or higher blades.

Balance is neither over or under powered in PvP or PvE.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
306
I don't see like many other people how Air counters Balance. Perhaps change Air is Disarray or Discord since they are actual opposites of Balance. Also I don't think selecting a homeworld like in Pirate101 would be a good idea. Maybe Kingsisle could give us all the same homeworld that doesn't believe in magic for the most part and our parents were secretly training in Light Magic (other people's ideas) or instead of Light Magic, Astral Magic. I think that would give us more of a reason to try and save that world as a side or main world for the third arc.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2013
36
I believe the correct counter school for balance, would be chaos. Balance basically means the order, or BALANCE of the world. Chaos basically means the unbalance of the world. Air, seems a bit odd. How would wind or fog be able to defeat the three natural elements, fire, ice, and storm, and the three spiritual elements, life, death, and myth?

Sierra Deathsahde- Lvl 58

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
227
Yeah! Both of those ideas sound awesome! I would love fore my Fire wizard's homeworld to be Dragonspyre.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2011
49
I'm not even going to address the idea of making a counter balance school because I could go all day on why that just isn't a good idea, the way I see it.

However, I love the idea of having a homeworld. I'm not sure if the homeworld should come with stats, but maybe it can open up a new house based on that world? I know it is possible to buy houses based on the worlds from the housing shop that is located in that world, or the crown shop (for example, Grizzleheim) or even through crafting (Avalon has a crafted house if I remember correctly). However, this "homeworld" house would only be available to people that have that world as a homeworld. Just a thought, as it would be nice to have the homeworlds have some sort of benefit rather than just being something the player chooses at the start, but the homeworld stats idea doesn't sound quite right to me.

1