Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New School

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
62
I know this was brought up in a feedback Friday a while back, but I think that there should be an additional starting school option, just for a new change. Gloria Krendell used to teach alchemy at Ravenwood, so we could bring that back, or the popular school of time idea could be used. Either way, I would leave the spells and all to KI as they are doing a great job with this game! just my thoughts.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4952
Team yoloswag on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
I know this was brought up in a feedback Friday a while back, but I think that there should be an additional starting school option, just for a new change. Gloria Krendell used to teach alchemy at Ravenwood, so we could bring that back, or the popular school of time idea could be used. Either way, I would leave the spells and all to KI as they are doing a great job with this game! just my thoughts.
I kind of like the alchemy aspect... it could be an interesting school!

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
760
RavenLady777 on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
I kind of like the alchemy aspect... it could be an interesting school!
alchemy interesting

Delver
Feb 15, 2009
280
critical blizzard on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
alchemy interesting
The only alchemists I've met are necromancers who did something in Krokotopia and made some poisons.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
361
Maybe alchemy is what time magic is called. Like storm is divination. I think it would be cool if it was a side school, because it would take to long to make all the spells, and relate the school to the spiral, so It won't be left out.

-Nicholas Hawkspear level 90

Explorer
Aug 30, 2009
89
Team yoloswag on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
I know this was brought up in a feedback Friday a while back, but I think that there should be an additional starting school option, just for a new change. Gloria Krendell used to teach alchemy at Ravenwood, so we could bring that back, or the popular school of time idea could be used. Either way, I would leave the spells and all to KI as they are doing a great job with this game! just my thoughts.
actually it was Gretta Darkettle. good idea though.

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
186
Nicholas Hawkspear on Sep 12, 2013 wrote:
Maybe alchemy is what time magic is called. Like storm is divination. I think it would be cool if it was a side school, because it would take to long to make all the spells, and relate the school to the spiral, so It won't be left out.

-Nicholas Hawkspear level 90
Alchemy is the art of turning ordinary objects into precious metals (usually gold). Although time magic and alchemy are GREAT GREAT ideas, time magic wouldn't be called alchemy.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
760
maybe its a side school but still has too quests to learn spells for everyone

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
760
time magic= chronomancy. chronomancers and alchemists added into game? would alchemy be elemental and chronomancy be spiritual? doubt new schools would be added but sounds kewl

Survivor
Oct 09, 2011
40
I think that water would be an ok idea but I can argue on both sides read this pro con list and see if it would be smart idea
pro: water seems like an obvious school con: storm and ice sort of make up water with some of there spell
pro: each school kind of have a different battle type water could summon minions since water is full of fish con: there are three element schools and three spirit schools ether it could be a side school like moon or make two other schools

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
186
critical blizzard on Sep 15, 2013 wrote:
time magic= chronomancy. chronomancers and alchemists added into game? would alchemy be elemental and chronomancy be spiritual? doubt new schools would be added but sounds kewl
In the future, KI could consider adding a new world with these schools like they did with Celestia. Probably not though. Still sounds cool!

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
62
Hero
Nov 14, 2010
760
hmmm well chronomancy would rival alchemy but i was thinking chronomancy and fire could kinda be like how ice and storm are opposites but don't rival each other

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
186
critical blizzard on Oct 12, 2013 wrote:
hmmm well chronomancy would rival alchemy but i was thinking chronomancy and fire could kinda be like how ice and storm are opposites but don't rival each other
YES! That could work. Maybe the description is...

Chronomancy is focused on all time periods and making use of the advantages of those time periods.

Alchemy is focused on making the best use of what you have RIGHT NOW.

That is why they are rivals

Survivor
Jul 28, 2012
38
I agree there if they add in a time school they should also add in a space school.

Andrew WaterCrafter- Level 46

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
92
You are already doing alchemy it is called crafting. The transmutes are the truest form of alchemy. Alchemy is the transmutation of element into another.

pirate8375

Survivor
Apr 20, 2012
38
This is a great idea! KI, please do this!

Nicole Blueleaf level 33

Survivor
May 19, 2012
4
Interesting. But if they add two new schools, there would have to be one more. Comes in threes, no? They're connected in a triangle that is then in a diagram with the other trios. Fire, Ice, Storm are the elements, Life, Death, and Myth are spiritual, while Sun, Moon, and Star are astral. Yet, there is one loose end. Balance, right in the middle. It doesn't have any thing in its 'trio'. Perhaps this alchemy and time magic could complete that. Would that be, the universal schools? Or something like that.

Of course, this isn't 'conclusive'. The question would be, when to put these schools in the game. Certainly not as new, starting classes. They would most likely be added in another storyline, like how the astral schools were added for the Morganthe storyline. And what kind of spells would there be? Alchemy is potions and the pursuit of turning lead into gold, and this supposed chronomancy is, of course, time. So could this mean perhaps, in the case of chronomancy, they can affect something with the rounds in a duel? I have no idea about alchemy. But considering Balance, perhaps all of these would call upon other schools.

That's just my guess. Interesting idea. I would most certainly be looking forward to more schools. I have yet to get to Celestia (sadly) and get above level 48, so I don't quite know the details of astral magic. But what do I know?

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
3
An alchemy school would be pretty awesome. But what gets me is what kinds of spells would be in it... If they can come up with good spells for it it's be a boss school!

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
7
For this new school, it should be called Metal but the wizards are called alchemists. Just like storm wizards are diviners and fire are pyros

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
760
pirate8375 on Oct 12, 2013 wrote:
You are already doing alchemy it is called crafting. The transmutes are the truest form of alchemy. Alchemy is the transmutation of element into another.

pirate8375
alchemy is mainly potions so alchemy attacks would usually be flying potions flying attack wisps and creatures with have empty potions on a belt their wearing chronomancy attacks would be flying wall clocks wristwatches magical wispy looking clocks and creatures with clocks on them some spells for alchemy level 5 rank 2 gulp heal self 30 health or deal 140 damage to target, level 18 rank 1 charmed sip 55% chance of -40% damage charm to self 45% chance of giving +60% damage charm to self, level 26 rank 2 quick sip aura stun immunity for 4 rounds, level 72 rank 0 slushie 35% chance of dealing 340 ice damage to self 65% chance of polymorph into mini yeti with many copies but 3 spells rank 2 area of affect attack tower shield and rank 4 single target attack 3200 health and 25% universal resist, and i got it they also transform stuff so this spell level 55 rank 0 (sun type spell but alchemy school) steel or brass 30% chance of adding 320 damage 70% chance of -60 damage to spell, level 38 rank 0 cheers! 30% chance of -15% outgoing for 4 rounds to self 30% chance of +10% incoming damage for 4 rounds to self 30% chance of +5% outgoing damage for 4 rounds to self 10% chance of+ 20% outgoing damage -10% incoming damage for 4 rounds to self ok sorry that last one was a little long now chronomancy spells level 5 rank 2 try that 120 damage and minus 10% accuracy charm to target, level 28 saw those coming 3 -20% incoming damage wards to self, level 26 rank 4 prepared 170-190 damage to all enemies and -15% outgoing damage charms to them, level 42 rank 6 think again 390-450 damage and dispel next spell of targets school, end of korkotopia rank 5 chronogorilla a gorilla with clocks on him a tree falls down next top him he stands still wind blows it so it lands right in front of him then he picks tree up and smacks target with it 540-590, level 48 rank 7 time hounds 450 damage to all enemies and -5% damage charm to all enemies anyway so chronomancy is kinda defensive with spells but has good (not great) damage stats and bad (not horrible) defense stats and good accuracy (still not great) alchemy has bad (not horrible) damage stats good (not great) defense stats and decent accuracy (not good not bad)

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
760
Blake ShadowStaff on Oct 13, 2013 wrote:
For this new school, it should be called Metal but the wizards are called alchemists. Just like storm wizards are diviners and fire are pyros
potion wizards are alchemists and time wizards are chronomancers

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
760
chronomancy school colors silver and grey their school gem quartz alchemy school colors blue and purple school gem lapis lazuli (lol looked up random gems feel free to post changes)

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
760
shadow magic is very similar so if alchemy happen its probably not happening how i hoped btw i was trying build up interest for these schools before i brought up new primary schools would cost KI money so if this happened i would have said it costs 2000 crowns to buy one of these schools and after you buy alchemy you can have all wizards with primary of alchemy or all that aren't alchemists with secondary of alchemy and because of that still regular character limit of 6 but you can spend 1000 crowns to buy an extra character slot and i am sure this will receive criticism and might argue back i sorta lost hope for this