Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Primary Triad: The Reality Triad

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
39
We currently have 3 Triads in-game, the Elemental Triad, the Spiritual Triad, and the Astral Triad. My idea is a new primary school triad that will be known as "The Reality Triad".

School of Time: This school believes that everything that is going to happen has already been determined and that we can only set things in motion and don't have full control over any given action. Their offensive spells when cast act as any other school, using charms that are on the player and any other bonuses(Auras and "Shadow-selves"). Unlike the other schools, however, their attacks don't happen when casted. Instead, they happen at a maximum of 4 rounds and a minimum of 1 round AFTER the attack was cast. Their school symbol would be an hourglass, their health would me medium, and their damage would be high-end medium damage.

School of Gravity: The School of Gravity is the school of attraction. The Gravity School is to the Reality Triad what the Ice school is to the Elemental Triad. This school's spells focuses on forcing opposing creatures and/or players to target them with their spells. They are there to take hits and generally be an obstacle to the enemy. To add to this, they also focus on stealing various wards and charms by "pulling" them from the opponent with the force of attraction. Their school symbol will be a circular spiral, their health would be a bit below Ice and their damage would be low-end medium damage.*Will elaborate more in later posts*

School of Space: The School of Space is the school of dimensions. They use their magic to bend the spaces around them to their advantage. Another quality of the school is the belief of the ever-expanding, always being able to add more to something. In a similar fashion to the new Shadow Creatures, their attacks are something that you need to build up. By casting a spell you start the set up of an anomaly, and by casting various spells you add to that anomaly making it more potent. Unlike shadow creatures, however, they do not give bonuses to themselves as they grow nor is there backlash. Instead of this, the growth of the anomoly adds special effects for the player and an increased amount of damage dealt, but only after the spell is completed(Though there are some exceptions). Further more, the time it takes to build up these anomalies takes more rounds than a shadow creature, the maximum of these taking around 6 rounds. The symbol for this school is the infinity sign, and it's base damage is high-end low damage ranging to high-end high damage.

My later posts will show spell concepts and more about their gear function.

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
186
XxMoonMasteryxX on May 16, 2014 wrote:
We currently have 3 Triads in-game, the Elemental Triad, the Spiritual Triad, and the Astral Triad. My idea is a new primary school triad that will be known as "The Reality Triad".

School of Time: This school believes that everything that is going to happen has already been determined and that we can only set things in motion and don't have full control over any given action. Their offensive spells when cast act as any other school, using charms that are on the player and any other bonuses(Auras and "Shadow-selves"). Unlike the other schools, however, their attacks don't happen when casted. Instead, they happen at a maximum of 4 rounds and a minimum of 1 round AFTER the attack was cast. Their school symbol would be an hourglass, their health would me medium, and their damage would be high-end medium damage.

School of Gravity: The School of Gravity is the school of attraction. The Gravity School is to the Reality Triad what the Ice school is to the Elemental Triad. This school's spells focuses on forcing opposing creatures and/or players to target them with their spells. They are there to take hits and generally be an obstacle to the enemy. To add to this, they also focus on stealing various wards and charms by "pulling" them from the opponent with the force of attraction. Their school symbol will be a circular spiral, their health would be a bit below Ice and their damage would be low-end medium damage.*Will elaborate more in later posts*

School of Space: The School of Space is the school of dimensions. They use their magic to bend the spaces around them to their advantage. Another quality of the school is the belief of the ever-expanding, always being able to add more to something. In a similar fashion to the new Shadow Creatures, their attacks are something that you need to build up. By casting a spell you start the set up of an anomaly, and by casting various spells you add to that anomaly making it more potent. Unlike shadow creatures, however, they do not give bonuses to themselves as they grow nor is there backlash. Instead of this, the growth of the anomoly adds special effects for the player and an increased amount of damage dealt, but only after the spell is completed(Though there are some exceptions). Further more, the time it takes to build up these anomalies takes more rounds than a shadow creature, the maximum of these taking around 6 rounds. The symbol for this school is the infinity sign, and it's base damage is high-end low damage ranging to high-end high damage.

My later posts will show spell concepts and more about their gear function.
This... this... just... yes.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
39
KKoop3 on May 16, 2014 wrote:
This... this... just... yes.
Thanks for your support ^.^, I hope you'll like the spell concepts I'll be posting :)

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
252
XxMoonMasteryxX on May 16, 2014 wrote:
We currently have 3 Triads in-game, the Elemental Triad, the Spiritual Triad, and the Astral Triad. My idea is a new primary school triad that will be known as "The Reality Triad".

School of Time: This school believes that everything that is going to happen has already been determined and that we can only set things in motion and don't have full control over any given action. Their offensive spells when cast act as any other school, using charms that are on the player and any other bonuses(Auras and "Shadow-selves"). Unlike the other schools, however, their attacks don't happen when casted. Instead, they happen at a maximum of 4 rounds and a minimum of 1 round AFTER the attack was cast. Their school symbol would be an hourglass, their health would me medium, and their damage would be high-end medium damage.

School of Gravity: The School of Gravity is the school of attraction. The Gravity School is to the Reality Triad what the Ice school is to the Elemental Triad. This school's spells focuses on forcing opposing creatures and/or players to target them with their spells. They are there to take hits and generally be an obstacle to the enemy. To add to this, they also focus on stealing various wards and charms by "pulling" them from the opponent with the force of attraction. Their school symbol will be a circular spiral, their health would be a bit below Ice and their damage would be low-end medium damage.*Will elaborate more in later posts*

School of Space: The School of Space is the school of dimensions. They use their magic to bend the spaces around them to their advantage. Another quality of the school is the belief of the ever-expanding, always being able to add more to something. In a similar fashion to the new Shadow Creatures, their attacks are something that you need to build up. By casting a spell you start the set up of an anomaly, and by casting various spells you add to that anomaly making it more potent. Unlike shadow creatures, however, they do not give bonuses to themselves as they grow nor is there backlash. Instead of this, the growth of the anomoly adds special effects for the player and an increased amount of damage dealt, but only after the spell is completed(Though there are some exceptions). Further more, the time it takes to build up these anomalies takes more rounds than a shadow creature, the maximum of these taking around 6 rounds. The symbol for this school is the infinity sign, and it's base damage is high-end low damage ranging to high-end high damage.

My later posts will show spell concepts and more about their gear function.
It would be a very bad idea to include another primary school, let alone three, as I keep mentioning, gear, bosses, teacher, school, it will NOT WORK.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
39
wraithcaster on May 17, 2014 wrote:
It would be a very bad idea to include another primary school, let alone three, as I keep mentioning, gear, bosses, teacher, school, it will NOT WORK.
Well, not if we go about it like this:

We introduce the new primary schools in one of the upcoming worlds, we make it so that only accounts that have characters this far can make them. That way only creatures from that world and on would need to have the schools, which woud be a change of pace from all the repeating several schools we have already.

Most of the previous gear is "filler" gear, not really worth having to begin with. They would only have to make some gear that matter, not all the "filler" gear they've made in the past. That way, the production of gear will be kept at a minimum during lower worlds.

A teacher and school can be added to Ravenwood in the same way that Death or Balance have been added. They each have representitives in Ravenwood even though the full school is in another world or location. Death has their school in another part of Wizard City, Kingsisle could add on the new schools into another new area(They made Crab Alley, I don't see this as too far a stretch to do). Or they could work it like Balance, having the full school in the world it's revealed in(Being in the level you would need to unlock them you would easily have a friend who could take you there to learn spells. Alternatively, they could have a way for you to access the newer world so you could reach it yourself).

Explorer
Aug 30, 2009
89
XxMoonMasteryxX on May 18, 2014 wrote:
Well, not if we go about it like this:

We introduce the new primary schools in one of the upcoming worlds, we make it so that only accounts that have characters this far can make them. That way only creatures from that world and on would need to have the schools, which woud be a change of pace from all the repeating several schools we have already.

Most of the previous gear is "filler" gear, not really worth having to begin with. They would only have to make some gear that matter, not all the "filler" gear they've made in the past. That way, the production of gear will be kept at a minimum during lower worlds.

A teacher and school can be added to Ravenwood in the same way that Death or Balance have been added. They each have representitives in Ravenwood even though the full school is in another world or location. Death has their school in another part of Wizard City, Kingsisle could add on the new schools into another new area(They made Crab Alley, I don't see this as too far a stretch to do). Or they could work it like Balance, having the full school in the world it's revealed in(Being in the level you would need to unlock them you would easily have a friend who could take you there to learn spells. Alternatively, they could have a way for you to access the newer world so you could reach it yourself).
yes....

Christo Mythspear 100

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
186
XxMoonMasteryxX on May 18, 2014 wrote:
Well, not if we go about it like this:

We introduce the new primary schools in one of the upcoming worlds, we make it so that only accounts that have characters this far can make them. That way only creatures from that world and on would need to have the schools, which woud be a change of pace from all the repeating several schools we have already.

Most of the previous gear is "filler" gear, not really worth having to begin with. They would only have to make some gear that matter, not all the "filler" gear they've made in the past. That way, the production of gear will be kept at a minimum during lower worlds.

A teacher and school can be added to Ravenwood in the same way that Death or Balance have been added. They each have representitives in Ravenwood even though the full school is in another world or location. Death has their school in another part of Wizard City, Kingsisle could add on the new schools into another new area(They made Crab Alley, I don't see this as too far a stretch to do). Or they could work it like Balance, having the full school in the world it's revealed in(Being in the level you would need to unlock them you would easily have a friend who could take you there to learn spells. Alternatively, they could have a way for you to access the newer world so you could reach it yourself).
I disagree with putting a rep in Ravenwood. This might anger certain players who spent time and money on other characters only to have these rolled out as primary schools. I think they should be important secondary schools added to the next world Kingsisle makes. The bosses after the school is revealed have similar abilities to what you described and make training the schools even more important.

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
252
XxMoonMasteryxX on May 18, 2014 wrote:
Well, not if we go about it like this:

We introduce the new primary schools in one of the upcoming worlds, we make it so that only accounts that have characters this far can make them. That way only creatures from that world and on would need to have the schools, which woud be a change of pace from all the repeating several schools we have already.

Most of the previous gear is "filler" gear, not really worth having to begin with. They would only have to make some gear that matter, not all the "filler" gear they've made in the past. That way, the production of gear will be kept at a minimum during lower worlds.

A teacher and school can be added to Ravenwood in the same way that Death or Balance have been added. They each have representitives in Ravenwood even though the full school is in another world or location. Death has their school in another part of Wizard City, Kingsisle could add on the new schools into another new area(They made Crab Alley, I don't see this as too far a stretch to do). Or they could work it like Balance, having the full school in the world it's revealed in(Being in the level you would need to unlock them you would easily have a friend who could take you there to learn spells. Alternatively, they could have a way for you to access the newer world so you could reach it yourself).
We can't introduce a new PRIMARY school players can only get later, cause by then you will already be well immersed in another school, I'm still not sure how it will fit as a primary school, it would make FAR more sense as a side-only school.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
39
KKoop3 on May 19, 2014 wrote:
I disagree with putting a rep in Ravenwood. This might anger certain players who spent time and money on other characters only to have these rolled out as primary schools. I think they should be important secondary schools added to the next world Kingsisle makes. The bosses after the school is revealed have similar abilities to what you described and make training the schools even more important.
Not sure if my other post got "lost in translation", because it's been about 24 hours by now, so I'll post my response again.

Not quite sure what you're talking about in this post, if it's about being invested in another school and not wanting to make another, people do that all the time.(I know people who have made new character recently and are near DS atm).

If your post is about not enough room to be able to make another character without the deletion of another character that has been worked on, it's easier to respond. Most people want another character slot as it is, with the addition of these newer schools it would give Kingsisle the purpose to add at least 1-2 more character spaces. So, even people who don't have an interest in the school can benefit by gaining an extra character for their school of choice.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4162
XxMoonMasteryxX on May 22, 2014 wrote:
Not sure if my other post got "lost in translation", because it's been about 24 hours by now, so I'll post my response again.

Not quite sure what you're talking about in this post, if it's about being invested in another school and not wanting to make another, people do that all the time.(I know people who have made new character recently and are near DS atm).

If your post is about not enough room to be able to make another character without the deletion of another character that has been worked on, it's easier to respond. Most people want another character slot as it is, with the addition of these newer schools it would give Kingsisle the purpose to add at least 1-2 more character spaces. So, even people who don't have an interest in the school can benefit by gaining an extra character for their school of choice.
Adding more slots would not change the main issue of adding new primary schools. New primary schools would require redesigning ALL the worlds and quests. It just makes no sense no matter how you spin it to create new schools that start from the beginning. You have to change all the battle mechanics of every school and spell from start to finish to accomodate boost/resist just as one little example part of the enormous task of reprogramming the entire game top to bottom to do this.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
39
seethe42 on May 23, 2014 wrote:
Adding more slots would not change the main issue of adding new primary schools. New primary schools would require redesigning ALL the worlds and quests. It just makes no sense no matter how you spin it to create new schools that start from the beginning. You have to change all the battle mechanics of every school and spell from start to finish to accomodate boost/resist just as one little example part of the enormous task of reprogramming the entire game top to bottom to do this.
Did you read my other posts?

They wouldn't need to redesign the older worlds or quests, the addition of things like the astral schools or shadow school didn't require a reboot of everything previous to them to be active in previous worlds. The addition of newer spells do not require the redesign of previous worlds. So, new spells added to a new school should, once again, not require the redesigning of previous worlds or quests.

The battle mechanics would not need to be changed, why would they in the first place? I don't see any previous spells being adjusted with the addition of things such as Shrike and Mana Burn, so the addition of newer spells that don't directly affect them will not need adjusting either.

To accomdate boost/resist? That doesn't make sense either, there is universal resist for a reason. Besides that, most early world gear only resists their own school, making the point moot.

Reprogramming the entire game? Once again, no. Could you list some reasons as to why they would need to be reprogrammed? If you can, I'll gladly refute them.

Defender
Apr 05, 2012
106
i am not sure but i think these would be great

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4162
XxMoonMasteryxX on May 24, 2014 wrote:
Did you read my other posts?

They wouldn't need to redesign the older worlds or quests, the addition of things like the astral schools or shadow school didn't require a reboot of everything previous to them to be active in previous worlds. The addition of newer spells do not require the redesign of previous worlds. So, new spells added to a new school should, once again, not require the redesigning of previous worlds or quests.

The battle mechanics would not need to be changed, why would they in the first place? I don't see any previous spells being adjusted with the addition of things such as Shrike and Mana Burn, so the addition of newer spells that don't directly affect them will not need adjusting either.

To accomdate boost/resist? That doesn't make sense either, there is universal resist for a reason. Besides that, most early world gear only resists their own school, making the point moot.

Reprogramming the entire game? Once again, no. Could you list some reasons as to why they would need to be reprogrammed? If you can, I'll gladly refute them.
So you propose adding new "primary" schools of magic that have no boost to anything and nothing resists them? Astral and Shadow Schools only change existing spells by boosting things. You are proposing new PRIMARY schools, those require old creatures to have new stats for boost/resist. Unless you are proposing that your new school spells can only be cast in new worlds, but then they wouldn't be primary schools as you would have to be 100+ to start. If this is what you are proposing then it makes the idea that much more stupid. The last thing needed in this game are schools that nothing resist. Yes it would require a massive amount of reprogramming, like I said. It also would require rewriting the storyline if they add new primary schools. Unless you propose these new school students not have any quests for spells or bosses of their school to fight?

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
105
XxMoonMasteryxX on May 24, 2014 wrote:
Did you read my other posts?

They wouldn't need to redesign the older worlds or quests, the addition of things like the astral schools or shadow school didn't require a reboot of everything previous to them to be active in previous worlds. The addition of newer spells do not require the redesign of previous worlds. So, new spells added to a new school should, once again, not require the redesigning of previous worlds or quests.

The battle mechanics would not need to be changed, why would they in the first place? I don't see any previous spells being adjusted with the addition of things such as Shrike and Mana Burn, so the addition of newer spells that don't directly affect them will not need adjusting either.

To accomdate boost/resist? That doesn't make sense either, there is universal resist for a reason. Besides that, most early world gear only resists their own school, making the point moot.

Reprogramming the entire game? Once again, no. Could you list some reasons as to why they would need to be reprogrammed? If you can, I'll gladly refute them.
Hi

They will still need to change battle mechanics if you want to use those spells in idk krokotopia, WC, Mooshu those schools would still be needed to work on as new spells we get with each world. We get idk 1 spell but we are talking here about like 14 spells for each school thats lot of programing and each spell must be in lower worlds ( if you want to brag to low level wizards lol ). Graphic would be of issue here all you do in lower worlds has to be shown even Boost and Resist even damage number. School of Time as you said would have timer for next upcoming 4 rounds that must be shown as counting rounds similar as shadow or ring spell. Think of how many counting timers you would have on screen right now you have for rings and shadow lol. They will not change quests of course but not all characters have training points cause its not their school to master so you making all players at 100 lvl to buy back training point so they can have spells i tell you a lot crowns is when you use all to buy back lol.

I like idea but when i think about few spells added that means more loading at log in not to mention Tc's, Crafted Tc's, all bunch stuff at once then you would complain about slow gameplay or idk glitches in world KI works best they can, but they can't pull this from hat that easy they got time to invent something great as they usually do we just need to wait it to happen maybe they add only one school or even 2 spells idk.
But to make them do major update is crazy it would take longer then year to make thats like major Wizard City but without 3 schools lol

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
108
Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
361
I would actually think the Reality Triad would be similar to the Astral Triad, as when you get to the world where you learn them, you can just train them. There still would be a lot of spells you can train in each school. And in the world where you train them you could get a lot of training points from quests. I really like this idea.

-Nick level 100
"Child of Light and Shadow"

Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
15
I like Physics!
I guess you do, too?
But School of Gravity is not quite "primary" so to speak, because gravity emerges from the bending of space-time. How about School of Energy? which studies Magic in its purest form and the conversion of energy from one form to another or something like that...just an idea for you. Maybe you can give more thought about it.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
39
seethe42 on May 24, 2014 wrote:
So you propose adding new "primary" schools of magic that have no boost to anything and nothing resists them? Astral and Shadow Schools only change existing spells by boosting things. You are proposing new PRIMARY schools, those require old creatures to have new stats for boost/resist. Unless you are proposing that your new school spells can only be cast in new worlds, but then they wouldn't be primary schools as you would have to be 100+ to start. If this is what you are proposing then it makes the idea that much more stupid. The last thing needed in this game are schools that nothing resist. Yes it would require a massive amount of reprogramming, like I said. It also would require rewriting the storyline if they add new primary schools. Unless you propose these new school students not have any quests for spells or bosses of their school to fight?
Nothing that resists them? In PvE? Being a triad, they would naturally have resists against each other.

In PvP? There's universal resist for a reason.

Old creatures that would need new boosts or resist? Why? Older world creatures mainly resist their own school and boost the opposite. The Reality Triad wouldn't be put into mobs until the world they're unlocked in. If you want to make the argument that every school should have weaknesses in PvE, look at . Only Balance resists Balance in PvE, and even then, it doesn't do it effectively since Balance has multiple attacks that do damage in another school.

Why do you keep bringing up that they wouldn't be casted in lower worlds? That makes absolutely no sense, as it would clearly be added into the mechanics if they were to be created in the first place. Can we try to ignore things that should be a given?

Despite what you think, not many quests would have to be changed, it would be a rather small amount. Such areas that a school would receive a learned spell, the rewards can be adjusted to feature the Reality Triad's spell as well.

A massive amount of reprogramming? Doubtful. But again, it would be ready when it's ready, they would work on it over time and not make it an immediate objective.

Rewriting the entire story line? For what reason? They would have been newly discovered in the upcoming worlds, they wouldn't even have been known about until then. As I mentioned, you would have to get to a certain part in the new world to unlock the ability to make a character of the school, which is why representives would be sent to Ravenwood to spread the new magical knowledge.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4162
XxMoonMasteryxX on May 25, 2014 wrote:
Nothing that resists them? In PvE? Being a triad, they would naturally have resists against each other.

In PvP? There's universal resist for a reason.

Old creatures that would need new boosts or resist? Why? Older world creatures mainly resist their own school and boost the opposite. The Reality Triad wouldn't be put into mobs until the world they're unlocked in. If you want to make the argument that every school should have weaknesses in PvE, look at . Only Balance resists Balance in PvE, and even then, it doesn't do it effectively since Balance has multiple attacks that do damage in another school.

Why do you keep bringing up that they wouldn't be casted in lower worlds? That makes absolutely no sense, as it would clearly be added into the mechanics if they were to be created in the first place. Can we try to ignore things that should be a given?

Despite what you think, not many quests would have to be changed, it would be a rather small amount. Such areas that a school would receive a learned spell, the rewards can be adjusted to feature the Reality Triad's spell as well.

A massive amount of reprogramming? Doubtful. But again, it would be ready when it's ready, they would work on it over time and not make it an immediate objective.

Rewriting the entire story line? For what reason? They would have been newly discovered in the upcoming worlds, they wouldn't even have been known about until then. As I mentioned, you would have to get to a certain part in the new world to unlock the ability to make a character of the school, which is why representives would be sent to Ravenwood to spread the new magical knowledge.
You seem to be missing the point. You say you have to reach the highest levels in order to start these schools. Then what? You've started a new wizard in this new school... Where does he go? You are now saying that he doesn't go through the old world quests? So you have this level 1 wizard that has nowhere to quest and no way to level up... sounds fun. None of my argument has to do with PvP. Your comparison to Balance isn't even close.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
39
seethe42 on May 26, 2014 wrote:
You seem to be missing the point. You say you have to reach the highest levels in order to start these schools. Then what? You've started a new wizard in this new school... Where does he go? You are now saying that he doesn't go through the old world quests? So you have this level 1 wizard that has nowhere to quest and no way to level up... sounds fun. None of my argument has to do with PvP. Your comparison to Balance isn't even close.
I'm going to stop responding to you. You clearly haven't fully read any of my post, as I never said anything about them not having to do the older worlds.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4162
XxMoonMasteryxX on May 28, 2014 wrote:
I'm going to stop responding to you. You clearly haven't fully read any of my post, as I never said anything about them not having to do the older worlds.
You clearly don't understand the concept you are proposing and the enormous reprogramming task needed. Even though you can't seem to grasp it, every world and dungeon would HAVE to be affected by the addition of 3 new schools. My statement about them not doing the old worlds was the logical conclusion to your idea that you'd have to be lvl 100 to start one, but then starting one wouldn't affect any old worlds, only the new ones. For the old quests and worlds to be unaffected, those wizards would have to skip them completely.

Defender
May 29, 2013
105
XxMoonMasteryxX on May 16, 2014 wrote:
We currently have 3 Triads in-game, the Elemental Triad, the Spiritual Triad, and the Astral Triad. My idea is a new primary school triad that will be known as "The Reality Triad".

School of Time: This school believes that everything that is going to happen has already been determined and that we can only set things in motion and don't have full control over any given action. Their offensive spells when cast act as any other school, using charms that are on the player and any other bonuses(Auras and "Shadow-selves"). Unlike the other schools, however, their attacks don't happen when casted. Instead, they happen at a maximum of 4 rounds and a minimum of 1 round AFTER the attack was cast. Their school symbol would be an hourglass, their health would me medium, and their damage would be high-end medium damage.

School of Gravity: The School of Gravity is the school of attraction. The Gravity School is to the Reality Triad what the Ice school is to the Elemental Triad. This school's spells focuses on forcing opposing creatures and/or players to target them with their spells. They are there to take hits and generally be an obstacle to the enemy. To add to this, they also focus on stealing various wards and charms by "pulling" them from the opponent with the force of attraction. Their school symbol will be a circular spiral, their health would be a bit below Ice and their damage would be low-end medium damage.*Will elaborate more in later posts*

School of Space: The School of Space is the school of dimensions. They use their magic to bend the spaces around them to their advantage. Another quality of the school is the belief of the ever-expanding, always being able to add more to something. In a similar fashion to the new Shadow Creatures, their attacks are something that you need to build up. By casting a spell you start the set up of an anomaly, and by casting various spells you add to that anomaly making it more potent. Unlike shadow creatures, however, they do not give bonuses to themselves as they grow nor is there backlash. Instead of this, the growth of the anomoly adds special effects for the player and an increased amount of damage dealt, but only after the spell is completed(Though there are some exceptions). Further more, the time it takes to build up these anomalies takes more rounds than a shadow creature, the maximum of these taking around 6 rounds. The symbol for this school is the infinity sign, and it's base damage is high-end low damage ranging to high-end high damage.

My later posts will show spell concepts and more about their gear function.
First of all, let me say that I love that you have an open mind, unlike SOME people. I have a few opinions on the schools. My opinions:

Time: Nice idea. If any of these would become a school, it would be Time. However, I'd have to same the same for Space, as in...... they sound the same. It would actually become really tricky in both sides of fighting, as you can cast a max waiting spell, then turn around and bust with a same turn hit spell on the same turn the waiting spell is set to strike.

Gravity: Sounds a bit like Ice in that they take hits for their team. Ice is supposedly supposed to do this by Taunt spells and spells with Taunt as an after effect (Snow Angel). As for stealing wards, Ice does that, though I wouldn't call it Ice's thing. All in all, it sounds a bit too much like Ice

Space: Basically the same as Shadow Creatures and Time, but no backlash (from Shadow Creatures). I kind of see problems in both PvE and PvP, in that it would make Mastery amulets a must have. However, that would depend on how many of said space spells would be the anomaly instead of the basic single hit

My verdict:
Time: good idea
Gravity: No go
Space: Eh........ Don't know