Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

new life spell

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
not sure if i have an idea of what it to be, but i think life is due for a new heal, i mean GS is good i like it but a good heal other then rebirth. rebirth is kinda outdated i mean we still use it its a lifes big go to heal but i think its time we got a new one, and i know the next rank will be 10, well as far as we know they could make other spells with less pips doesnt have to be 10 the new heal could even be a single heal like heal x amount give absorb and maybe an over time, or a heal that also works like triage, maybe a heal that gives every one an over time heal like life bat but heals for more.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
as a life player, I'd rather not have a new heal, I'm ready for another mass attack card

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
seasnake wrote:
as a life player, I'd rather not have a new heal, I'm ready for another mass attack card

i agree i would rather a damage over time spell seeing as we are the only school with out one

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Sariana1337 wrote:
seasnake wrote:

i agree i would rather a damage over time spell seeing as we are the only school with out one

Excuse me? So now we're so school-centered you forget that Storm doesn't have one? Balance?

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
gtafreak101 wrote:
Sariana1337 wrote:
seasnake wrote:

Excuse me? So now we're so school-centered you forget that Storm doesn't have one? Balance?

okay gtafreak101 first off storm specializes in burst damage not damage over time second storm does get a damage over time spell but do to the fact its so weak it's not really counted but that does not change the fact that storm elf is still there i believe its a mutation card from one of the sub schools thus making life the only school with out a damage over time spell

i could think of 2 dot spells that life should get

1 poison ivy you poison your enemy for X amount of damage over 3 rounds

2 thorns when cast wild thorn roots start to grow and cover your enemy in thick thorns causing them to bleed for 3 turns doing X amount of damage

now these spells are doable seeing as life wizards pretty much are nature wizards they control the earth and all it's earthly glory excluding the elements of air fire and water but a lass we don't have an air school while water tends to be storms domain i guess the same could be said about air

now that i think about it storm technically speaking is 2 schools in one while life is 1 element where storm has 2

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
damage over time isn't something my life would use

a mass attack that rids everyone's auras would be nice

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Sariana1337 wrote:
gtafreak101 wrote:
Sariana1337 wrote:
seasnake wrote:

okay gtafreak101 first off storm specializes in burst damage not damage over time second storm does get a damage over time spell but do to the fact its so weak it's not really counted but that does not change the fact that storm elf is still there i believe its a mutation card from one of the sub schools thus making life the only school with out a damage over time spell

2 thorns when cast wild thorn roots start to grow and cover your enemy in thick thorns causing them to bleed for 3 turns doing X amount of damage

now these spells are doable seeing as life wizards pretty much are nature wizards they control the earth and all it's earthly glory excluding the elements of air fire and water but a lass we don't have an air school while water tends to be storms domain i guess the same could be said about air

now that i think about it storm technically speaking is 2 schools in one while life is 1 element where storm has 2

And seeing as Storm's burst attack has gone down due to people screaming "Nerf, Nerf!" I really do think it's time for a high damage DoT with no special effects.

And you never mentioned anything about Balance. I'd call bias, but I can't since I honestly think it's not that simple.

Anyways, on to the Storm Elf point. Have you seen how many arena tickets it takes to win? And the mutation? Give me a break, that has no damage what-so-ever. It would make sense for us to get a DoT soon, because honestly, let's face it.

Life, Storm and Balance all need one.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
Sariana1337 wrote:
gtafreak101 wrote:
Sariana1337 wrote:
seasnake wrote:

Balance need DoT spell too.

Storm elf available only if you have item card or tc. TC need to farm only and to use it you need to learn the fire elf spell. That is too much troubles for low lvl spell. Of course if you still count it as DoT spell it would be fair to give a new spell "life elf" card mutation and say that now you have DoT spell.

Storm specializes in burst damage, but life specialize in healing. I don't see what is your point?

Defender
May 24, 2012
I'm with seasnake. I already have a hound that heals me in a duel so I'd like more attack ability too. Right now I just buy lots of feints from the bazaar.

P.S. Find a pet with Spritely and train, train, train!!!

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
open33 wrote:
Sariana1337 wrote:
gtafreak101 wrote:
Sariana1337 wrote:
seasnake wrote:

Balance need DoT spell too.

Storm elf available only if you have item card or tc. TC need to farm only and to use it you need to learn the fire elf spell. That is too much troubles for low lvl spell. Of course if you still count it as DoT spell it would be fair to give a new spell "life elf" card mutation and say that now you have DoT spell.

Storm specializes in burst damage, but life specialize in healing. I don't see what is your point?

heh you wouldn't and your wrong about life wizards Open33 life wizards don't just specialize in healing in case you haven't noticed all of life wizards attacks and heal's are all nature based meaning we specialize in nature type attacks as well as heals and there are so many natural powerful poisons out there that it actually makes since for life to get a good dot spell

and if you think about it nature is a balance of healing burst damage and damage over time at least if you compare life wizards to real life

if a giant bolder falls on top you it will crush your skull and kill you instantly
hints burst damage

if you get scratched by the right wild plant it can be poisonous
Western Water Hemlock: Cicuta douglasii
Deemed the most "violently toxic plant that grows in North America" by the USDA, the water hemlock contains the toxin cicutoxin, which wreaks havoc on the central nervous system, causing grand mal seizures consciouss--which include loss of consciousness and violent muscle contractions--and eventually death, if ingested. Water hemlock is different from poison hemlock, Socrates' notorious killer, in that it contains coniine alkaloids that kill by paralyzing the respiratory system. Both are members of the carrot family.
hints damage over time

i have actually had several grand mal seizures do to my disability not do to contact with this plant so i know grand mal seizures are not fun you are
conscious for at least 2 seconds just long enough to scream help or mommy
and then just as fast as you can blink your out like a light for at least 6-8 hours how ever some have woken up early but if this happens you get a serious i'm ganna puke feeling which absolutely must be slept off this feeling is do to the fact that all of your bodys energy encluding stored energy was spent during the seizure here's the kicker if you dont sleep it off you will have that i feel like i have to puke but it never happens feeling all day long untell you finally go to bed but no one can last that long and even trying can be fatal

but thats not even the scariest part here's where it gets worse it only happens when i'm sleeping it will wake me up for at least 2 seconds then i'm out in fact i once had cronic grand mal seizures and actually slept for 6 days strait this was do to the fact that i was having one every 5 minutes
and no i was not joking

now if a wild plant can do this and do to the fact that all life wizard spells are nature based and wild plants are a part of nature then this is more then enough proof that life wizards deserve a good damage over time spell

and there are plenty of plants out there that can heal as well such as
Medicinal Herbs which are obtained in nature and well life wizards are nature wizards dryad and rebirth are great examples of this fact both of them are trees

now let's not forget sprite guardian although a fictional creator still it's lore resides in that it is a wild creator of nature or how about sprite and fairy or even satyr all fictional creators of nature IMO so far in wizard101
we have seen life wizards good side and i think it's time KI shows our dark side

when you mess with mother nature your gluten for punishment and it ain't pretty