Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Level 85 Utility Spell Ideas!

AuthorMessage
Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Utility Spells Gained At Level 85 :

Myth - Captivate at 3 pips
Will add an extra stun to the next damage move. (Ex: Captivate is like a ward. The player cast it then uses Basilisk. Assuming the other player does not use conviction or stun block Basilisk stuns for two rounds instead of just one. Captivate is activated at the next attack move, so if the opponent resists the stun then the captivate is wasted , and only takes 1 stun shield to block all the stuns.)

Life - Bless at 2 pips
The next heal or attack move used by the person Bless was cast on will be boosted by 25%. (Ex : Person casts bless on themselves then heals for satyr and the added 15% boost is activated, it counts as a charm so it can be removed by disarm and enfeeble and weakness/infections also weaken it.)

Death - Corrupt at 4 pips
The heals of the opposite team are reduced by 20% and lasts for 3 rounds.
(Ex: Works as if it was a negative aura and can be dispelled by placing another aura on yourself.)

Balance - Twister at 6 pips
Mixes up all blades and shields and distributes them equally between the opponent and yourself.

Balance Idea #2 - Fierce at 4 pips
A global spell that increased all damage by 20%.

Fire - Scorch at 3 pips
Adds one more round to a damage DoT.

Ice - Snow at 2-3 pips
Increases your defenses by 10%. (Ex. You have 3 tower shields on you cast Snow and all the shields increase to 60% defense ).

Ice Idea #2 - Breeze at 4 pips
Steal one positive ward from every opponent on the opposite team.

Storm - Electrocute at 4 pips
Destroy one positive charm on every opponent on the opposite team.

Please discuss pip amount for every idea, mention the ideas you like, mention how these spells could be useful or not in PvP. Mention any changes or tweaks to the spells.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2009
Those sound like awesome new utility spells,but one thing the balance spell has just a little to high of a pip amount.

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
Mastermind
May 13, 2011
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
TheDarkestMask wrote:
Myth - Captivate at 3 pips
Will add an extra stun to the next damage move. (Ex: Captivate is like a ward. The player cast it then uses Basilisk. Assuming the other player does not use conviction or stun block Basilisk stuns for two rounds instead of just one. Captivate is activated at the next attack move, so if the opponent resists the stun then the captivate is wasted , and only takes 1 stun shield to block all the stuns.)

Hmm...I like that idea. I can honestly say I've never seen this idea before.

Life - Bless at 2 pips
The next heal or attack move used by the person Bless was cast on will be boosted by 25%. (Ex : Person casts bless on themselves then heals for satyr and the added 15% boost is activated, it counts as a charm so it can be removed by disarm and enfeeble and weakness/infections also weaken it.)

I'm having trouble seeing how this is different from Guiding Light, unless you meant this is a ward?

Death - Corrupt at 4 pips
The heals of the opposite team are reduced by 20% and lasts for 3 rounds.
(Ex: Works as if it was a negative aura and can be dispelled by placing another aura on yourself.)

I don't like this spell at all. First, auras are supposed to be Star spells and only able to be cast on one's self. Second, your plan to dispel the aura doesn't work for those who haven't trained in that branch of Astral magic.

Balance - Twister at 6 pips
Mixes up all blades and shields and distributes them equally between the opponent and yourself.

I'm not exactly sure, but I think Myth has this spell, or a similar spell. In the latter case I think it's established that trading charms and wards are a Myth ability.

Balance Idea #2 - Fierce at 4 pips
A global spell that increased all damage by 20%.

Not a fan of environment spells, but this idea is better to me than the former.

Fire - Scorch at 3 pips
Adds one more round to a damage DoT.

With all the spells regarding DoTs added in this recent update, I find it hard to believe this spell doesn't already exist. I could be wrong though; in that case I like the idea.

Ice - Snow at 2-3 pips
Increases your defenses by 10%. (Ex. You have 3 tower shields on you cast Snow and all the shields increase to 60% defense ).

I love that! I think it should be 15% though.

Ice Idea #2 - Breeze at 4 pips
Steal one positive ward from every opponent on the opposite team.

I'd go with the first idea.

Storm - Electrocute at 4 pips
Destroy one positive charm on every opponent on the opposite team.

I like this idea. It's good, but not spectacular.

General comments: I hate the names. They're so inappropriate.