Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New ideas: Cool Ranch and the School of Time

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 13, 2014
Cool Ranch is a world that appeared predominantly in Pirate101
as a main story area.

I think it is a good candidate for a side world in Wizard101 like Grizzelheim,
Wysteria, and Aquila.

Jaki Whisperwind, the balance scholar from the Arcanum looks as if she's from Cool Ranch with her
Native American themed outfit and objects. Maybe she could give you a quest to
go to Cool Ranch and solve some sort of problem that plagues the world or something.
You'd duel with cowboy chickens, native villager bison, Mexican banditoads and salamanders,
and animals such as jackalopes and scorpions like you do in pirates.

My other idea is the School of Time, not sure what it would be able to do or what kind of spells
there would be, but it's just an idea. The ideas and philosophies of time are mentioned a bit
in Mirage.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I'd settle for a side world visit to Cool Ranch, though I'd prefer it if it were along the lines of Grizzlehiem (ie longer and more involved).

School of Time? Great idea. The Professor and his B.O.X. seem to have figured out time and all of the wibbly wobbly timey wimey aspects. Some potential spells

Time Loop - Adversary is stuck casting the same spell for the next X rounds

Replay - Wizard can cast the same spell (immediately after Replay is cast) with all blades and traps still in place and no extra manna cost)

Compression - DOT spells are negated to the first round of damage

Expansion - DOT spells have an extra X rounds

Fast Forward - Wizard can pull a one time use spell from their FUTURE training

Rewind - Undoes the last X rounds of combat (useful if you're losing)

Sonic Tool - Allows the Wizard to swap out cards in the hand for cards still in the deck (1 card per pip used)

Just the Right Touch - Allows the Wizard to pick the number of pips used on the next X Rank spell (I've got 8 pips but only want to use 4 on the Dryad spell)

Just some ideas

Steven Ghoststalker

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
SavannahWildthorn on Mar 20, 2018 wrote:
Cool Ranch is a world that appeared predominantly in Pirate101
as a main story area.

I think it is a good candidate for a side world in Wizard101 like Grizzelheim,
Wysteria, and Aquila.

Jaki Whisperwind, the balance scholar from the Arcanum looks as if she's from Cool Ranch with her
Native American themed outfit and objects. Maybe she could give you a quest to
go to Cool Ranch and solve some sort of problem that plagues the world or something.
You'd duel with cowboy chickens, native villager bison, Mexican banditoads and salamanders,
and animals such as jackalopes and scorpions like you do in pirates.

My other idea is the School of Time, not sure what it would be able to do or what kind of spells
there would be, but it's just an idea. The ideas and philosophies of time are mentioned a bit
in Mirage.
Jaki Whisperwind is NOT from Cool Ranch NOR Wallaru. (Zander is from Wallaru though...) We do not know the location or name of Jaki's Homeworld, but we know it is not these two locations.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/storytime-2016-8ad6a415523abbf50152846521182fa1/8ad6a415523abbf501529d5b50bf784b?fromSearchResult=true#8ad6a415523abbf501529d5b50bf784b

Sorry, that is just a pet peeve of mine for the last two years.... If you've had the privilege of going to Cool Ranch in Pirate101-I would highly recommend not having Wizards go there for any extended length of time. (Mainly because as a Pirate you are there for flipping forever....)

I do think meeting people from Cool Ranch would be cool though if that is a Bison Shaman or whatever that's fine-but I have no desire to go there as a Wizard.

As far as the School of Time-who knows? There is the Hall of Chronomancy and what not as you mentioned in Mirage. We don't truly know a whole bunch about the nature of magic other than what we are taught in Ravenwood/our perspective from our internal narrator Grandmother Raven. In the deepest recesses of the message boards it is revealed that Professor Ambrose is taught a form of magic which is sort of a conglomeration of each of the seven schools. (AKA, he probably has mastery of all schools not just like Balance or Myth or Fire or something) I wonder if each of our schools here at Ravenwood is essentially a major. Meaning that we are very specialized at that particular school (aka can use it more affectively) even though we can cast a variety of magic. I think of this as as a Storm Wizard, I am pro at storm spells, however I can still cast a Fire spell, just perhaps not as effectively as someone who has spent considerable time studying Fire. I wonder since Grandmother Raven is sort of our narrator that when we encounter an enemy (and we see which school they are) we essentially are seeing what their expertise is-however we can only perceive what we know.

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
Can't say I am a fan of cool ranch. Pirate101 spends close to 40% of its game time in that world. Plus the games time frame would not match pirates. Since pirate supposedly happens about 30-60 years after wizard. So the cross over makes no sense unless we cause the set up for pirate.

If such was the case I would enjoy it. Since I'm prirate we are told that some silly looters robbed the bulls. It would be funny if we manipulated them and used there totems to learn some spell. This would upset thunderbird, owl, and wolf.

And for humour sake we could maybe learn owl is related to raven. And maybe learn something that way.