Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Idea for Getting Equipment

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 10, 2011
I'm a level 47 Master Sorcerer, and so I like to go to the bazaar to get new equipment. After level 20-ish though, the bazaar never had what I want. At first, I thought, "Oh, it's just this once" but then it kept happening every time I could get new gear. I would be ten or fifteen levels above my gear, and the game just isn't as fun when you don't have the right equipment for where you are. Currently, I am using level 35 gear! It is very hard to get from world to world when you're using gear that someone else should be using. I do have a couple ideas to solve this though:

1. Remove the "No Auction" label. Another problem I came to was that the best gear usually has this label, which makes getting what you want is much harder. When bosses can drop over 50 different items and you only want one, it's going to take a lot of time to get it, especially since the main audience of Wizard 101 are people still in school, who have homework and essays to do.

2. Make the bazaar have every item in the game. Don't skip this, I have a way to balance it out. Some of you are probably thinking, "That would make the game way too easy". Not if the prices are raised. If the bazaar is the only place that has everything, maybe the prices should be raised, since I have also noticed that when you can't get equipment, you get a lot of gold in your pocket.

3. My personal favorite idea is to make a new equipment-getting system. After you beat an enemy, you choose what you want from them out of the different items they have. You could still make rare items rare, if you're thinking that's a problem - have the game have a certain percentage that you can choose a rare item, like 10 or 5%. Also, to avoid people taking everything an enemy has and selling all of it for lots of money, only allow us to get 2 or 3 per enemy, and maybe around 5 for a boss. (This would probably only effect equipment, and you could take however reagents you want. However, the enemy would only have a certain amount of reagents, so you could only get reagents from how many they have)

I think if we were to combine 2 and 3, it would be much easier to get the best equipment that you want. What do you guys think? Is this a good idea, a bad idea? Do you know any way to get good equipment besides the bazaar and farming? Please comment!

-Daniel SoulWalker, Level 47 Master Sorcerer