Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New housing Item

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 22, 2014

I have an idea for 3 new housing items, they would be similar to the new gear vault.
The main difference would be, you and friends would be able to enter the item and look around.

#1 Pet Sanctuary / Fair Grounds (best of show)

This item would be great to house all your pets. The magnifying glass should be available so friends looking at your pets could see their stats. This would greatly help wizards select a pet for hatching request. In the past when I have requested to hatch with another wizard, I feel rushed when they are clicking through their pets. It never fails after the hatch, they tell me about some great pet they have back at home.
This item would allow time to check out all pets and their stats before requesting to hatch.

You should be able to section the inside the way you want, like by school or by healing pets.
Maybe a tapestry to the hatchery on the wall.

If the house is on the tour anyone could see your pets. Maybe the owner could post a sign showing the date and time they will be home to accept hatching request.

I am not sure how this would work but it would be nice to see the pet’s ancestry so you know what you are getting.

#2 Spiral Waters Aquarium

This housing item would allow you to showcase your fish. The fish would still have to be in an aquarium, this would just be a place to hold all the aquariums. Once the aquarium is placed on a shelf a plaque could appear showing the catch details: type of fish, weight and length, date & time caught.
Each aquarium should be able to hold one of each fish in the spiral.
There could be 3 types of aquariums one for each regular, small fry and whoppers.

#3 Mount Garage
This housing item would hold all your mounts and have the magnifying glass to identify each mount.

Autumn SunThief

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
I like all these ideas! However, you can store fish in aquariums, but you can't say the type of fish and it can hold more then one.

It would be cool, for the Pet Sanctuary, it could also be a Hatchery. Think about it, hatching pets in your own home! It would be nice, especially since how laggy the Pet Pavilion is these days. This would be an ideal solution!

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
autumn sunthief on Apr 7, 2016 wrote:

I have an idea for 3 new housing items, they would be similar to the new gear vault.
The main difference would be, you and friends would be able to enter the item and look around.

#1 Pet Sanctuary / Fair Grounds (best of show)

This item would be great to house all your pets. The magnifying glass should be available so friends looking at your pets could see their stats. This would greatly help wizards select a pet for hatching request. In the past when I have requested to hatch with another wizard, I feel rushed when they are clicking through their pets. It never fails after the hatch, they tell me about some great pet they have back at home.
This item would allow time to check out all pets and their stats before requesting to hatch.

You should be able to section the inside the way you want, like by school or by healing pets.
Maybe a tapestry to the hatchery on the wall.

If the house is on the tour anyone could see your pets. Maybe the owner could post a sign showing the date and time they will be home to accept hatching request.

I am not sure how this would work but it would be nice to see the pet’s ancestry so you know what you are getting.

#2 Spiral Waters Aquarium

This housing item would allow you to showcase your fish. The fish would still have to be in an aquarium, this would just be a place to hold all the aquariums. Once the aquarium is placed on a shelf a plaque could appear showing the catch details: type of fish, weight and length, date & time caught.
Each aquarium should be able to hold one of each fish in the spiral.
There could be 3 types of aquariums one for each regular, small fry and whoppers.

#3 Mount Garage
This housing item would hold all your mounts and have the magnifying glass to identify each mount.

Autumn SunThief
Nice ideas, here are my comments on them...

1. I like the pet sanctuary idea but I would prefer to have like a 'pet kennel' where I could place pets that I want to keep somewhere without taking up as much space. I have lots of hatched pets and many serve no other purpose other than to just take up a spot in one of my 35 houses.

As for being able to see stats, I definitely agree with that one. When clicking on a pet at a house (even your own), it would be nice to be able to click an icon and see not only its normal stats (age, developed traits, levels of undeveloped traits, item cards based on level), but information such as hatch time, type of egg, if it's a first generation (including first generation hybrids) vs from another hatch. Also indicate if it's a hybrid (even if first generation), if it's a crowns pet, and the history of what item cards it can get at what levels (even if still a baby).

When viewing pet stats (like in your book, or using the idea I just mentioned) and hovering over a talent (vs derby), if it's a maycast talent, show the card related to that maycast. That way it's clear what the pet may be casting, vs someone needing to look it up if they didn't already know.

2. Tanks and multi-tanks will tell which fish are in it already, but be nice to see more detail stats about each fish.

3. When at someone's house, you can already identify the different mounts and even how they can be obtained. I'd like to be able to name mounts though.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Fangs McWolf on Apr 16, 2016 wrote:
Nice ideas, here are my comments on them...

1. I like the pet sanctuary idea but I would prefer to have like a 'pet kennel' where I could place pets that I want to keep somewhere without taking up as much space. I have lots of hatched pets and many serve no other purpose other than to just take up a spot in one of my 35 houses.

As for being able to see stats, I definitely agree with that one. When clicking on a pet at a house (even your own), it would be nice to be able to click an icon and see not only its normal stats (age, developed traits, levels of undeveloped traits, item cards based on level), but information such as hatch time, type of egg, if it's a first generation (including first generation hybrids) vs from another hatch. Also indicate if it's a hybrid (even if first generation), if it's a crowns pet, and the history of what item cards it can get at what levels (even if still a baby).

When viewing pet stats (like in your book, or using the idea I just mentioned) and hovering over a talent (vs derby), if it's a maycast talent, show the card related to that maycast. That way it's clear what the pet may be casting, vs someone needing to look it up if they didn't already know.

2. Tanks and multi-tanks will tell which fish are in it already, but be nice to see more detail stats about each fish.

3. When at someone's house, you can already identify the different mounts and even how they can be obtained. I'd like to be able to name mounts though.
You have 35 houses!? How long did it take you to get that many?

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
Fable Finder on Apr 21, 2016 wrote:
You have 35 houses!? How long did it take you to get that many?
Too long.

Currently, one of my houses managed to make it into the top decorated list. Go to Castle Tours (WC Commons, next to Zeke), talk to NPC on left, then Visit, Top Rated, Top Decorated. Look for the Death House that is roughly #83 (owned by Wolf).

If you are at the right house, you will see a Seed Vault and a blue teleporter on the right as you go down the ramp from the spiral door. The teleporter will lead to my Massive Fantasy Palace (as most of my blue teleporters do). Feel free to look around. (Just don't go to the Ice House, you'll fall in love with it.)