Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New faces or new hairstyles with the hair?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 22, 2011
Wizard101 has been out for several years, (about ten years actually.)
I feel like maybe we should have at least new faces when you go to create
your wizard along with new hairstyles.
It'll probably make the game feel more fresh, and slightly more modern. I wouldn't mind if it
took some time! But I feel like this would be a nice little update.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
DaveStriderAndHisA... on May 18, 2018 wrote:
Wizard101 has been out for several years, (about ten years actually.)
I feel like maybe we should have at least new faces when you go to create
your wizard along with new hairstyles.
It'll probably make the game feel more fresh, and slightly more modern. I wouldn't mind if it
took some time! But I feel like this would be a nice little update.
Magic Mirror on the wall,
change my wizard a bit or all!

Be patient it's coming!

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
anecorbie on May 19, 2018 wrote:
Magic Mirror on the wall,
change my wizard a bit or all!

Be patient it's coming!

Someone told me it was the opposite lol, I am so confused. Has it been confirmed? I hope we can change the names of our wizards too. I know quite a few people who would be willing to see the name change for an update as well, it would be great for business.

Explorer
Mar 08, 2015
That will most likely come with the barber shop update that is coming soon

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
Patrick80161 on May 19, 2018 wrote:
That will most likely come with the barber shop update that is coming soon
I really hope that's the case because I would never start a new character all over again just to have a name that I like, but I'd be down to pay Crowns for a name change. I hope it won't be too expensive though lol.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
And never mind, it has been confirmed on KI Live. I'm a bit late since I've been too busy pet training lol. Can't wait for the update!

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
deathsummoner4 on May 19, 2018 wrote:
Someone told me it was the opposite lol, I am so confused. Has it been confirmed? I hope we can change the names of our wizards too. I know quite a few people who would be willing to see the name change for an update as well, it would be great for business.
Well, Dworgyn did say it wasn't a Salon ( but I don't know what else to call it ) He was sent into the server where the developers were designing a Magic Mirror and the player will be able to change hair style, color, expressions, eye color and skin tone ( and one more mysterious thing ).

Survivor
May 22, 2011
All of this sounds really amazing! I have only recently got back into Wizard101 after two years...I've been playing this game for like seven years now and I assumed that maybe it was just time for new faces and hairstyles, lol.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
anecorbie on May 20, 2018 wrote:
Well, Dworgyn did say it wasn't a Salon ( but I don't know what else to call it ) He was sent into the server where the developers were designing a Magic Mirror and the player will be able to change hair style, color, expressions, eye color and skin tone ( and one more mysterious thing ).
Face shape or body type would be nice to change.

Thank you to Dworgyn for sharing the hints and for anecorbie for posting it here. I hadn't heard about this confirmation yet.

Great news.

I hope there will be a color wheel but am happy for any updates.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
Lol now I'm a bit scared of hoping for too much because if the last icon is not a name change feature, I'm just going to discourage myself in the end. Hope they will consider it though in the future, tons of people will like the idea!

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
But just so that people don't abuse the name change if it were to be added in the update (otherwise there'd most likely be lots of trolling and confusion happening), we should only be allowed to change it twice or have an unlimited name change but every time you do change your name, the cost increases?

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
They should also give us some new first names and last names too, so we have plenty of new options to choose from. I see tons of people with similar names almost everywhere and everyday, so it'd be great to see more variety and diversity. I have a friend who regrets naming his character Patrick Star and there's a bunch of Patrick Stars in the game lol.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
deathsummoner4 on May 21, 2018 wrote:
They should also give us some new first names and last names too, so we have plenty of new options to choose from. I see tons of people with similar names almost everywhere and everyday, so it'd be great to see more variety and diversity. I have a friend who regrets naming his character Patrick Star and there's a bunch of Patrick Stars in the game lol.
If your name is Luke Skywalker or Taylor Swift, raise your hand! Now, wouldn't you like to change that to something original for once?

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
anecorbie on May 22, 2018 wrote:
If your name is Luke Skywalker or Taylor Swift, raise your hand! Now, wouldn't you like to change that to something original for once?
Adding to the name change ideas, maybe there should be a box on our character profile which allows others to view our original name for a week or two so that we don't have to tell every single one of our friends who we are, they could just see it for themselves? And once that one week ends, it disappears. It's just a little idea for a way to give others some time to remember our previous names to prevent trolling and mass confusion. But our friends will probably recognize us from our stitch anyway lol, though if we do drastically change our appearance as well, that would be a huge issue.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
deathsummoner4 on May 22, 2018 wrote:
Adding to the name change ideas, maybe there should be a box on our character profile which allows others to view our original name for a week or two so that we don't have to tell every single one of our friends who we are, they could just see it for themselves? And once that one week ends, it disappears. It's just a little idea for a way to give others some time to remember our previous names to prevent trolling and mass confusion. But our friends will probably recognize us from our stitch anyway lol, though if we do drastically change our appearance as well, that would be a huge issue.
Do people click to 'inspect' that often? I know I don't.

Maybe the old name in parentheses or hover text below the new one for a while?
But as you said, if they know you well they will recognize you other ways.
If I don't remember someone it won't matter what their name is, or what they're wearing.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
I am super excited for the magic mirror though i hope they find a better way to display the faces because all I can think of is that scene from doctor who with Cassandra, like I'm just gonna go to that page and the mirror will say something about needing to moisturize my skin. Its so uncomfortable...

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Discord Spiders on May 23, 2018 wrote:
I am super excited for the magic mirror though i hope they find a better way to display the faces because all I can think of is that scene from doctor who with Cassandra, like I'm just gonna go to that page and the mirror will say something about needing to moisturize my skin. Its so uncomfortable...
Lol, I was laughing while Dworgyn was comparing the ( admitablly ) ghostly faces on the walls to the Haunted Mansion in Disney World. Wouldn't it be cool if you could interact with them or have some sing like the Barber Shop quartet?

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
anecorbie on May 25, 2018 wrote:
Lol, I was laughing while Dworgyn was comparing the ( admitablly ) ghostly faces on the walls to the Haunted Mansion in Disney World. Wouldn't it be cool if you could interact with them or have some sing like the Barber Shop quartet?
Yes, until the nightmares began.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
anecorbie on May 25, 2018 wrote:
It was bad enough that I cackled when they revealed the faces on KI Live. My stomach will probably hurt from all the laughter if that were to be added into the game. Now I kinda want them to sing lol!

Survivor
Sep 11, 2016
Hi fellow wizards!!
The new update is amazing so far, my oooonly issue is why the HECK can’t I 1. Take photos with the new lady bug quest and 2. I cannot see any hair colors from the magic mirror shop. The verdict? I have a MacBook and it’s “incompatible?” Ouch. Cmon KI ☹️