Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Damage Wands for Level 40+

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 03, 2016
There is Barely ANY Wands that Give 10+% or more Damage to Wizards Besides the Sky Iron Hasta. (Also if your gonna Be a child and say "Oh well packs give wands and so does winterbane and pagoda. and other dungeons) well what if players don't have crowns? what if they're too lazy or don't have anyone to do dungeons with them? Hm? ever think of that? If you don't want to use Critical or Block and just go Flat-Out Damage, You'd Usually go with the Sky Iron Hasta. Plus Wands level 50+ only give under 90 critical. more if I'm mistaken. I've seen people using the Sky Iron Hasta forever until they got a Hoard wand such as the Fortune Tellers Eternal Gaze or Eye of the Soothsayer or the Fortune Tellers Peerless Eye or Any Good/Strong Crafted Wand or Just using Mali's Wand. So Please Kingsisle Make This Better.

Also Post Your Comments/Ideas Down Below Peepz!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Well, let me tell you about the "good old days...."

Back when I was a young wizard (in 2009), we didn't have these new-fangled damage wands! Boy hardy, let me tell you, we had to do everything the hard way. No damage boosts! None. No critical, either. And universal resistance? Why, that was just for Ice!

I know you can't imagine it, young wizard, but there was a time when the Sky Iron Hasta did not exist. And nobody got any damage boost to a wand, not even the crowns pack ones. Not even at level 60 or 70, or 80. And you know what? We all quested and leveled up just fine.

Instead of being a "child" and complaining about how hard it is with only the Sky Iron Hasta as a damage option, I'm being a "grandmother" wizard who is reminding you that you already have it way easier than my generation had. We didn't have henchmen, or mounts, or wands that had anything added. Our gear was pitifully weak compared to what's available now and the bosses were meaner on top of that. Marleybone's Big Ben was 10 levels on each side and 15 in the middle! Same with Kensington Park, a bunch of levels at the end were eliminated a few years ago. At least 3 battles were eliminated from the Dragon's Roost quest at the end of Dragonspyre. Everything's been nerfed down while the gear got better and made wizards stronger than they ever were.

If today's young wizards are too poor to buy crowns, I'm sorry for that. But they only have to get through Mt. Olympus ONCE to get the Sky Iron Hasta, and it's tradeable. If they're also too 'lazy' to farm dungeons or at least craft something, they get no sympathy from me.

Alia Misthaven

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Having 10%+ damage on a wand for low levels other than what you can get in a special dungeon is unnecessary.

L50+ wands might have a bit of crit, but that's what they need when you start fighting enemies that use critical. Anything below L50 doesn't need crit, doesn't need block, and doesn't need 10%+ damage.

Back in the old days, you were lucky to get drops for wands. All we wanted was that extra pip, or a little extra pip %, or something that hit harder than our current wand.

So, no. There shouldn't be any wands that do the amount of damage Hasta does that isn't crown related, or dungeon dropped for L49 or lower.

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
Freshta on Jul 23, 2017 wrote:
Well, let me tell you about the "good old days...."

Back when I was a young wizard (in 2009), we didn't have these new-fangled damage wands! Boy hardy, let me tell you, we had to do everything the hard way. No damage boosts! None. No critical, either. And universal resistance? Why, that was just for Ice!

I know you can't imagine it, young wizard, but there was a time when the Sky Iron Hasta did not exist. And nobody got any damage boost to a wand, not even the crowns pack ones. Not even at level 60 or 70, or 80. And you know what? We all quested and leveled up just fine.

Instead of being a "child" and complaining about how hard it is with only the Sky Iron Hasta as a damage option, I'm being a "grandmother" wizard who is reminding you that you already have it way easier than my generation had. We didn't have henchmen, or mounts, or wands that had anything added. Our gear was pitifully weak compared to what's available now and the bosses were meaner on top of that. Marleybone's Big Ben was 10 levels on each side and 15 in the middle! Same with Kensington Park, a bunch of levels at the end were eliminated a few years ago. At least 3 battles were eliminated from the Dragon's Roost quest at the end of Dragonspyre. Everything's been nerfed down while the gear got better and made wizards stronger than they ever were.

If today's young wizards are too poor to buy crowns, I'm sorry for that. But they only have to get through Mt. Olympus ONCE to get the Sky Iron Hasta, and it's tradeable. If they're also too 'lazy' to farm dungeons or at least craft something, they get no sympathy from me.

Alia Misthaven
I am sorry to have made you Angry. I had no problem with it as well, just an Idea I had in the past. I am so sorry to have made you Angry. you have my Sympathies.

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
BrynnerOfReign on Jul 23, 2017 wrote:
Having 10%+ damage on a wand for low levels other than what you can get in a special dungeon is unnecessary.

L50+ wands might have a bit of crit, but that's what they need when you start fighting enemies that use critical. Anything below L50 doesn't need crit, doesn't need block, and doesn't need 10%+ damage.

Back in the old days, you were lucky to get drops for wands. All we wanted was that extra pip, or a little extra pip %, or something that hit harder than our current wand.

So, no. There shouldn't be any wands that do the amount of damage Hasta does that isn't crown related, or dungeon dropped for L49 or lower.
Ok I am so very sorry if I had angered you. I Understand by reading your Quote. thanks for looking at my Post. :D

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
TheLoyalStorm on Jul 24, 2017 wrote:
I am sorry to have made you Angry. I had no problem with it as well, just an Idea I had in the past. I am so sorry to have made you Angry. you have my Sympathies.
You didn't make me 'angry,' but I think your remark about people being 'too lazy' to work for good gear was what prompted me to launch into lecture mode.

The point was to show you how things used to be, so you will hopefully appreciate how much better our gear options are today. As long as you're willing to do some work either grinding dungeons or crafting, you have amazing gear choices available to you even without Crowns.

(Also, I had a lot of fun speaking like a grandma does. Kind of like role play. My grandma is always giving me speeches like "when I was a kid, we only had one telephone in the whole house. ONE! And it was in the kitchen. And if we wanted to talk to our friends after school we had to wait for our mother to stop gossiping with Aunt Tilda and get off the phone...." )

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
Freshta on Jul 24, 2017 wrote:
You didn't make me 'angry,' but I think your remark about people being 'too lazy' to work for good gear was what prompted me to launch into lecture mode.

The point was to show you how things used to be, so you will hopefully appreciate how much better our gear options are today. As long as you're willing to do some work either grinding dungeons or crafting, you have amazing gear choices available to you even without Crowns.

(Also, I had a lot of fun speaking like a grandma does. Kind of like role play. My grandma is always giving me speeches like "when I was a kid, we only had one telephone in the whole house. ONE! And it was in the kitchen. And if we wanted to talk to our friends after school we had to wait for our mother to stop gossiping with Aunt Tilda and get off the phone...." )

Alia Misthaven
Lol! :P Yeah. Sorry for Making you Launch into Lecture Mode. :P Please look at all my Other Posts. I'd like to see your Opinion On Them! ^~^ The Links are Here:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/more-crossover-spells-8ad6a4255d35dd3f015d6d64de5b55fe?reset=1

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/makeover-shop-8ad6a4255d35dd3f015d6d74c2cd5796?reset=1

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/headless-horseman-sk-boss-8ad6a4245d35dd48015d6e227cb43750?reset=1

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/skeleton-key-rarity-8ad6a4255d35dd3f015d6d94c8715b75?reset=1

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/more-spell-mounts-8ad6a42b5d744133015d765f1e6c6eec?reset=1

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/interacting-with-furniture-8ad6a42b5d744133015d76635a896fe4?reset=1

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/muting-people-watching-pvp-matches-8ad6a42b5d744133015d7672562d7309?reset=1

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/spiral-door-animation-8ad6a42b5d744133015d767aea2f749c?reset=1

Thanks! :)

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
Freshta on Jul 24, 2017 wrote:

Alia Misthaven
Oh and this. :P
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/after-animations-8ad6a4245cedc3e8015cf767cc83382d?reset=1

(Idk if I sent it or not but I don't remember sending that link to you)

Kevin DragonFist (:P sorry if I copied you)