Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Crafting spells: Deconstruct

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
What these spells would do is take reagents and break them up into their smaller parts. For example, it would take one Sunstone and break it up into 15 sandstone, 1 sandstone into 10 stone blocks, etc Sometimes we need the base reagents vs the higher reagents and this would help. Imagine going from Sunstone to Sandstone, Sandstone to Stone Block and then Stone Block to Fossil. It would make SOME crafting a whole lot easier.

thoughts?

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
Survivor
Jan 06, 2010
i as a wiz and a hardcrafter that is a great idea.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2008
I love it. I've been thinking we need something like this!

Explorer
Jan 17, 2011
dayerider on Aug 21, 2013 wrote:
What these spells would do is take reagents and break them up into their smaller parts. For example, it would take one Sunstone and break it up into 15 sandstone, 1 sandstone into 10 stone blocks, etc Sometimes we need the base reagents vs the higher reagents and this would help. Imagine going from Sunstone to Sandstone, Sandstone to Stone Block and then Stone Block to Fossil. It would make SOME crafting a whole lot easier.

thoughts?
Ehhh...

Not really, It would just be skipping the whole meaning of crafting. To COLLECT the reagents, not to break them. But it would make crafting easier, Kingisle probably won't add this to the game, but they might.
But you would have to collect them from bosses is my thought.

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
Really nice idea. They should start selling it in Avalon

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Athena wisdom godd... on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
Ehhh...

Not really, It would just be skipping the whole meaning of crafting. To COLLECT the reagents, not to break them. But it would make crafting easier, Kingisle probably won't add this to the game, but they might.
But you would have to collect them from bosses is my thought.
I can see your point, but ultimately, you still have to collect the ingredients.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
so, after doing some more thinking on it, we don't need any NEW spells, all we need is the Transmute recipes to include both the lower recipe to transmute up and the higher to transmute down. So, for example:

Transmute Sandstone would have bother recipes on it, 10 Stone Block = 1 Sandstone and 1 Sunstone = 15 Sandstone, and we could choose which way we wanted to transmute it using a CHANGE button under the recipe