Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Charms/Wards?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
The current stats (only those in the live realm) are boosted by different spells. Blades/Traps increase damage, Weaknesses/Shields increase defence, certain spells increase/decrease accuracy, Spears increase pierce. Then, of course, Auras and Globals can increase essentially every stat that exists. But there's currently a few stats excluded.

Going in order of appearance in our spellbooks: damage and defence are fine. Maybe another wave of blades could be done with higher pip cost/AoEs, same for all damage/defence spells. But I personally think this is fine as is.

Currently - Storm, Life, and Balance all have accuracy-boosting spells. Lightning Strike is Storm-only, Guidance and Precision are Universal. In the current late-game, particularly with Darkmoor robes, accuracy is irrelevant. But a rather lacklustre world in terms of spells before that would probably be Zafaria. Late enough for a new mechanic to be more interesting than confusing, but before everyone wears a free Infallible. So I suggest a trainer, maybe a Longdreamer Shaman in Stone Town/Waterfront, who offers accuracy-boosting charms. School specific please (*cough* Balance *cough*), I think 10% school-specific for 0-pips would be fine. Of course Storm, already owning Lightning Strike, may need something else. Maybe have a Smoke Mantle variant, or an AoE Lightning Strike, for them. As for negatives, I think them being Fire/Storm/Balance-exclusive is enough, perhaps Ice could get one to make it an Elemental specialty, but I think it's fine as is. As for names for the spells, what about Sight(s) or Aim?

Now then, that was a bit long, but critical and block charms/wards have been the subject of a few topics of mine in the past so I'll make this as short as possible. My idea is a Hammer spell for each school (Fire Hammer, etc.) from a trainer in some later 2nd/3rd arc world, and a Guard spell for each school (Fire Guard, etc.) from another trainer in the same world. I think the Hammers could give +10% critical chance, and the Guards could give +20% block. As for Balance/Elemental/Spirit/Tower versions; I'm not sure.

As for power/Shadow pip chance, charms/wards wouldn't for them, so I'll leave nothing on that.

As for stun resistance, we already have Stun Block, but that's just a direct +100% resist. I think a better idea would be a pip cost on Stun Block, and a 0-pip single block, and/or a Stun Dispel for 1/2 pips, and/or a multiple 50/75% chance block for 0/1 pips. Maybe have them all Ice, maybe make them Myth or Moon, but stun resistance could certainly be built on. And as for the trainer, perhaps Diego, maybe a new one in a relatively early world. I don't think PvP should be required to get all of them; maybe the dispel though.

Then we have inc./out. healing. Life has charms to increase it, Death has charms and wards to decrease it. I think other support schools, like Balance, should get some charms/wards with this, and Life should get a ward to increase it.

But what do you think?