Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New changes are slightly discouraging to new players

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 18, 2010
So recently, i've been getting back into the game and it's honestly been fun, however, some recent changes have been quite discouraging to new players and returning players as well. Currently, in the test realm, the amount of gold it takes to hatch a pet as well as the hatching time is drastically increased. From 50k to 160k per hatch. On top of, you could spend gold to hatch instantly but it cost a whopping total of 287k just to hatch it. In addition to this, the recent changes to gardening have also been discouraging such as removing the double seeds from gardening. I do understand it was very very overpowered and game breaking, however, removing it without much accommodation is a bummer. I invited 6 of my friends to play this game and so far they are loving it. However, when I told them all the news about these things, it turned them off quite a bit and it felt unfair. From their perspective, it's understandable, long time veterans don't have to worry because they already got so many seeds and reproductions but new players no longer have access to that. And if the test realm updates come through, it just drastically turns off new players from getting into the game because pet hatching would be SO much more difficult.. I understand KI's perspective with gardening and pet changes though as once again, I acknowledge the double seeds was op and we needed more ways to spend gold. But going about this way is quite a turn off for new players especially. I'm not suggesting to revert the changes, in fact, that's a bad idea. Instead, it'd be really awesome to see something like increasing the drop-rates for seeds in other worlds besides empyrea, increase the gold cap for wizards and gold dropped from mobs in general, remove the energy cost from fishing and perhaps make a new globe for it. Fishing is an amazing way to get gold BUT using energy for it is really a turn off, especially if your focusing on pets. While doing these changes does make new players work more than what veteran players had to do. At the very least, it accommodates the changes made. Thanks for reading, and sorry that it's long xD, i'm a wordy person.