Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New card: escape duel

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
Escape Duel
School: n/a
Type: n/a
Pip cost: 1 pip or 25% of total mana if successful
Accuracy: 60%
Effect: When used, player has a 60% chance of escaping a duel in progress. If successful, the player will not obtain Experience, Gold, or Item drops, and loses 25% of his/her total mana capacity.
Level obtained: treasure card or item card only
Notes: Cannot be used in instance dungeons, boss battles or PVP matches.

Explorer
Jan 18, 2010
58
Lucas Rain on Oct 23, 2012 wrote:
Escape Duel
School: n/a
Type: n/a
Pip cost: 1 pip or 25% of total mana if successful
Accuracy: 60%
Effect: When used, player has a 60% chance of escaping a duel in progress. If successful, the player will not obtain Experience, Gold, or Item drops, and loses 25% of his/her total mana capacity.
Level obtained: treasure card or item card only
Notes: Cannot be used in instance dungeons, boss battles or PVP matches.
There is already one of this its called the quit button.

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
185
Lucas Rain on Oct 23, 2012 wrote:
Escape Duel
School: n/a
Type: n/a
Pip cost: 1 pip or 25% of total mana if successful
Accuracy: 60%
Effect: When used, player has a 60% chance of escaping a duel in progress. If successful, the player will not obtain Experience, Gold, or Item drops, and loses 25% of his/her total mana capacity.
Level obtained: treasure card or item card only
Notes: Cannot be used in instance dungeons, boss battles or PVP matches.
If its not used in boss battles its kind of useless because what if someone needs to refill they could just use the spell and teleport back.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2012
26
I dont know about this. A waste of mana i think.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
blackjackyagent on Oct 24, 2012 wrote:
There is already one of this its called the quit button.
The login traffic this produces isn't really desirable. As you know, sometimes you quit but get pulled right back in. Plus, you can't do this in dungeons without losing your progress.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
You have to balance out whether it's a waste of mana or a waste of server resources. From a maintenance perspective, having this spell or one like it would be a smart move.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
232
There already is one. It is called "FLEE" It is under your regular hand of cards.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
grahambhg on Oct 29, 2012 wrote:
There already is one. It is called "FLEE" It is under your regular hand of cards.
But what if you don't want to lose all your mana and restart at the Commons? There needs to be an option for that.

Defender
Jul 11, 2011
113
Is the quit button or flee button for gosh sake

Defender
Mar 09, 2011
121
sarah230804 on Oct 30, 2012 wrote:
Is the quit button or flee button for gosh sake
I am still debating this.

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
185
Lucas Rain on Oct 29, 2012 wrote:
But what if you don't want to lose all your mana and restart at the Commons? There needs to be an option for that.
Its called a potion. Buy one in the commons for dungeons

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
sarah230804 on Oct 30, 2012 wrote:
Is the quit button or flee button for gosh sake
There could be several advantages in not doing either of those. Think about it.

Quitting could land you in the same battle again. Fleeing makes you lose progress and mana. What if you didn't want either of those things? Hence, why I made the thread.