Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New button on screen and animation

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 22, 2012
This is something that gets really annoying,
I say to a friend afk so they know and then another friend ports (teleports), not knowing I am afk and when i get back i have to scroll through the chat box to see what they said, i think that there should be a button you press that says afk and you would have the word afk in a speech bubble above your head that doesn't go awayy until you re-click the button. Also i think that when you are in you're spell book we should actually hold a book open, this would be cool for movies and just cool in game, instead of the book over the head,oh and one last thing,you should make all beds and chairs and stuff like that use able to sit, lay, jump on, this would be a fun way to own a house, to make movies, and make houses more than just for show, oh and all food and drink items should have a press x thing like santa's cookies and you eat/drink them, just some idea's

If you are ever feeling down, have some peanut butter
P.S. we should be able to say butter in game

Defender
Jul 03, 2012
The NightSpear on Jul 14, 2013 wrote:
I say to a friend afk so they know and then another friend ports (teleports), not knowing I am afk and when i get back i have to scroll through the chat box to see what they said, i think that there should be a button you press that says afk and you would have the word afk in a speech bubble above your head that doesn't go awayy until you re-click the button. Also i think that when you are in you're spell book we should actually hold a book open, this would be cool for movies and just cool in game, instead of the book over the head,oh and one last thing,you should make all beds and chairs and stuff like that use able to sit, lay, jump on, this would be a fun way to own a house, to make movies, and make houses more than just for show, oh and all food and drink items should have a press x thing like santa's cookies and you eat/drink them, just some idea's

That is so weird! Just yesterday I was thinking about making a post saying we should hold the book open. Good idea on the book and afk thing. The eating thing would get annoying because you have to leave and teleport back to your house because it stays empty if you don't.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
The NightSpear on Jul 14, 2013 wrote:

1. I agree with the AFK button something like it.
2. Holding the spell book is cute
3. This will never happen. Professor Greyrose has stated this tons of times. This is a game geared toward children. Adults will misuse the sit/lay down feature in ways we don't even want to think about.

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
I think the idea in a multi player game is your not supposed to go afk for any length of time. Sure we all do it, but I don't think the programmers would have taken it into consideration during the initial programming. Use the spin in place glitch, while in your book, and the icon will appear over your head while you spin. No matter what, you would still have to scroll back through your chat to see if anyone said anything while you were afk. I find it totally amusing to see a "spinner" in the pet hatchery, quite obvious that person is afk, and watch other players repeatedly ask that person for a hatch or try to initiate a conversation.