Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Base Schools

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 27, 2016
As much as i am aware that this is quite difficult to do and would take a long time but I would like to suggest adding brand new schools for people to be put in. Examples like the Celestial Schools could make the game more complex. I will start with Sun, Star, and Moon schools as Starting schools.

Sun School currently focuses on buffing up other cards with More damage, buffing blades, traps, and shields, and morphing cards. With the new turn based combat coming in, we could have ways to apply these buffs to players so that their next blade would be 10% stronger, wards more effective, and so on. Adding as well normal damaging spells would help. to Work around the buffing its own spells, their damage could be low like ice school but their card buffs will be stronger, allowing them to be much more damaging. also adding more sun cards which adds extra effects to the cards would be good as well, like say a Sun card called Mass Blades which causes your next blade to be put on all allies, or even Mass Shields applying next shield to all allies. Sun school would be a good buffer school to help groups to dish out damage, block damage, and even increase accuracy.

Star School is Auras. Simple and effective. How about damaging spells. There are even weak auras you can get early on. So Adding damage spells, blade, trap, so on along with giving them the ability to put an aura on any ally would be a great idea. Similar to how life school can use fairy on anyone with an additional 20 heal to said spell. Star school damage could be like balance school's damage, even damage, stat gains, and accuracy.

Moon school doesn't need to add much, considering how its much stronger early on. Poly-morphs are a good idea but the resists of the poly-morphs aren't good, almost a detriment even. A youtuber had the idea of allowing your poly-morphs to be customized, which is a good idea. Adding more poly-morphs is even a good idea.

Shadow school is not something I'd add here sense its not even resisted until you get it. Adding shadow enemies doesn't sound like a good idea either, considering gear defending against shadow damage also doesn't come along until you encounter it for the first time. So this as a side school is a good thing. Ever more so Lore wise, unlike Star, Sun, and Moon having a massive Lore bit all over Celestia and onward.

Pigswick Schools could also make their own schools, which would effect your starting location as well, adding diverse story telling. If not then why not allow us to learn from them unique spells from those schools. Even putting learnable morphed cards like thunderbird and Life Banshee. Adding more spells in. Maybe a little quest to have your Ravenwood teacher/Nightside teacher/Kroktopia teacher tells you to expand your studies to Pigswick for new spells to learn, which by completing the quest will open all schools within Pigswick to the player.

Well Im almost out of characters to put but thats my idea, Feed back and criticism is welcome.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
this has been asked for before, and the general consensus is that it would take WAY too much programming to implement. Also, another consideration would be for those of us who have 6 wizards on one account; we'd have no option to play these new classes unless we get another account or erase a current wizard. While I appreciate the expansion of schools idea, I think the best thing to do would be to have any new schools that come out be secondary schools (like the astral and shadow schools currently). Another way to infuse new spells would be to create something like a zodiac school, or other schools that have been mentioned over the years, but have them also as secondary schools