Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New and larger decks

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 20, 2010
The current decks are limited in the number of spells they can hold. Being level 90 and having the ability to cast numerous spells, my current decks cant hold enough of the spells, especially for longer battles. Yes I agree that a reshuffle card or two (or more) may be needed but these take up room from other spells. I suggest moving the bottom two rows (where gear, pet, and wand spells show up - over to the page with the treasure cards and increasing our primary decks by 16 slots or more.

also, would it be in our best interest to allow higher levels access to more cards in their "hand" (the ones that show up where we choose which one to cast) and increasing the number available?. Lower levels would have the 7 appearing spells to choose from and future higher ranks have more slots to choose from (maybe up to 9).

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
OldStormWizard on Dec 16, 2012 wrote:
The current decks are limited in the number of spells they can hold. Being level 90 and having the ability to cast numerous spells, my current decks cant hold enough of the spells, especially for longer battles. Yes I agree that a reshuffle card or two (or more) may be needed but these take up room from other spells. I suggest moving the bottom two rows (where gear, pet, and wand spells show up - over to the page with the treasure cards and increasing our primary decks by 16 slots or more.

also, would it be in our best interest to allow higher levels access to more cards in their "hand" (the ones that show up where we choose which one to cast) and increasing the number available?. Lower levels would have the 7 appearing spells to choose from and future higher ranks have more slots to choose from (maybe up to 9).
Wow you are the 3rd person i seen asking for more deck space. I think they have plenty of deck space in the decks out there right now but thats just my opinion. Heck i dont even use half of the space i have now.
I guess everyones playstyles are different though. Have you ever tried playing with a smaller more tuned deck?
I know alot of players that used to think they had to put every card they could fit into a deck but all this really does is make it so much harder to get a kill combo.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2011
I'm not quite sure I agree with all of that, but I do think we should be allowed to get larger decks. I do agree, that there are too many spells. Especially when you secondary in something, or even take on a third school, due to extra training points. Not to mention all of the new spells we've been receiving, as we level. I may not be a level 90 yet, because personally, I'm not in a rush to get there, but I am a level 80, almost 81. Since I'm myth, and some of the spells aren't so dandy, I did secondary in Storm, with some extra spells added to the mix. I think a larger deck, since we've leveled twice now, and there has been none increased, would be wonderful.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2011
Defender
Feb 17, 2012
I have the opposite problem. My deck is too large. I have got dragonfire deck and with 60 spells, it is simply TOO MUCH for a master Necromancer going on grandmaster. I am not highly enough leveled to get any astral spells, So I use mostly very limited amounts spells. That includes an emergency Vamp, the occasional poison, quite a lot of skeletal pirate and a LOT of wraith. Also in my deck, death prism, deathblade, sprit blade, curse, feint, death trap, weakness, Reshuffle, pixie, sacrifice, strangle. Most of them unneeded.

Defender
Mar 09, 2011
WilliamGD185 on Dec 18, 2012 wrote:
I have the opposite problem. My deck is too large. I have got dragonfire deck and with 60 spells, it is simply TOO MUCH for a master Necromancer going on grandmaster. I am not highly enough leveled to get any astral spells, So I use mostly very limited amounts spells. That includes an emergency Vamp, the occasional poison, quite a lot of skeletal pirate and a LOT of wraith. Also in my deck, death prism, deathblade, sprit blade, curse, feint, death trap, weakness, Reshuffle, pixie, sacrifice, strangle. Most of them unneeded.
I was a master necromancer once, too. However with the remaining room in my deck i used all of my life spells as well, (i had completed as much life as i could study, at that point) no vampire, have a spirit trap, and half of the ice spells that i had learned. (i needed more training points in order to complete my ice studies as well) i found at that point that i required more room.