Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New and improved minions..dont need hentchmen

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 07, 2009
ok, I dont get to much feed back on this topic. This game already has so much "crown" buying items. I dont understand why the minions couldnt have been improved. No, instead you pay for a hentchmen for help. Isnt that the minions job? Or supposed to be. Some minions work ok. Others are just a waste of space and time. If the minions were improved to the hentchmen status, you wouldn't need the hentchmen at all. I like summoning my minions. Most of the time(depending what character I am on) I just discard it...that is what do with my storm minion all the time.
So anyone else with input? Friendly criticism is always good :)
Just to let everyone know, that I have used the hentchmen once or twice, but haven't lately. I'd rather use my minions. I mean that is what they are for!!! To actually help you out.

Thanks for reading everyone!! Including KI, professor :)

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
I don't like the henchmen, and that is HENCHMEN...no "T" in there :D

I find that the henchmen tend to get in the way more than anything. Like you buy a Life one and they use storm spells and if you are storm they end up breaking your traps with weak storm spells. And the balance henchman doesn't do anything that you would want a balance wizard to do in battle, they certainly don't help out and they end up getting killed quickly.

As for the minions....wow, you must not understand the Storm Minion very well if you don't use it. That guy is a tank! He distracts the enemies with Taunt and take s a lot of punishment for you, he even uses ghoul to heal himself and will use spirit armor as well when his health gets low. No, he isn't a big fighter but an additional attacker is not what Storm Wizards need...they need a protector, which is what that minion is. They need something to take the punishment so that they, themselves don't lose what precious bit of health they do have!

Also, if you pay attention you will notice that the more a minion attacks the faster the enemy will target the minion and it dies...really I don't want my minion attacking unless it is using a death attack to heal itself. The only hits I want a minion to take is if it is trying to take the enemies attention off me.

I also like the Balance Mander, but I hate the Balance Elemental Minions. The elementals are too unpredictable as to what you will get and it's really not safe to call on one when you are fighting ANY elemental type enemy. Then you get, lets say the Ice one to come up and it breaks your traps with weak Ice attacks like snow serpent, when I was probably getting ready to use Judgment!
The Mander is a good helper, but his health is extremely low so he dies fast. And, yes he uses attack spells but most of the time I can work with him to make his spells very powerful a lot easier than I could with the elemental ones. I mean you can easily make Locust Storm hit over 1100 damage as compared to trying to do that with a snow serpent...lol.

Now, I will admit that as a GM Storm I no longer use my minion but that is mainly because I usually have friends and I don't go in first and take so many hits, as well as by the time you are in Dragonspyre the spells that the enemies use are too much even for the Storm Minion to take....a couple hits and they die because they don't have the time to put up shields like they did at lower levels.

But, honestly, that minion helped me out a whole lot when I first got him and up all the way through MooShu as well!

My favorite minion is the Myth Minotaur, but it's still not perfect. It's a lot like the Storm Minion and takes a lot of hits, taunts, and this minion even attacks, but the problem with that is that it uses Myth Spells and usually ends up destroying any trap that the Myth wizard has set up.....and of course with using weak spells too!

Personally I do not need someone or something to fight for me, what I need is a helper, so the storm and myth minions are my favorites....Life would be ok if all she did was heal you and friends and never cast an attack spell and not pay much of any attention to herself. Not to mention that the Life minion costs too many pips as well. I gave up on that minion after using her three times....she is very useless....another one who loves to break your traps.

I am not too big into buying henchmen, though. If I buy any it might be a Life, but after the experience I have had I am careful as to which wizard I use with that Life Henchman. Also the Life one does heal you, but it seems like you have to get very low before they think about doing it.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
yea they should be improved whats the point in buying a hench men when you can use a minion for free ! and they dont cost any thing to :) i am a blance wiz lvl50 destiny dream catcher lol balancce get 4 minions mander a fire one a ice one and storm one :D

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
Hey Oceandaydreamer, thanks for all that :) No I mean that. I do like my mander (balance) also. I duel with acoupple of friends to most of the time. I just thought making the minions improved, rather than the creation of "HENCHMEN", LOL :D spelled it right this time, and spending more crowns...ok you get my meaning. But I will give the storm minion a try again.
Thanks again