Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Advanced Critical!

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
I will give partial credit to Gtarhannon for giving me this Idea. Hope you all like it and I hope KI gives this some thought, would be quite interesting to see this incorperated into the game!

If you Cast this Spell and it goes Critical, this is the effect:

Critical Blade = One Blade + One Bonus Blade (+5%) or even 2 blades

Critical Shield = One Shield + One Bonus Shield (+5%) or even 2 shields

On these Next ones, your Opponent gets a chance at Critical Block!

Critical Trap = One Trap + One Bonus Trap (+5%) or even 2 traps

Critical Steal Ward = Steal 2 Shields from Opponent

Critical Steal Charm = Steal 2 Charms from Opponent

Critical Pierce = Pierce 2 Shields

Critical Dispel = Places 2 dispel on Opponent

Critical (Death Spell that make Opponent help you) = 2 rounds instead of 1

Okay Back to self casting spells:

Critical Remove Ward = Remove 2 Wards

Critical Auras = Double the length of time

Critical Polymorph = Double the length of time

Critical Minion = Gives minion double Health

All spells could then hit a critical and have an effect! Of course standard rules apply torward critical rates and boosts for each school! And any spell casted at an opponent, would get the chance for a critical block!

If you like it, please post that you do and even if you don't like it, please post that you don't and why!

Survivor
Apr 20, 2010
Defender
Sep 28, 2010
Lol yes i love the idea everybody on the game has been talking about this.Thanks for posting it i was 2 lazy 2 lol

Explorer
May 12, 2010
Excellent idea! I think this would also eliminate some of the PvP problems with criticals too, especially the shields concept!

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
darthjt wrote:
I will give partial credit to Gtarhannon for giving me this Idea. Hope you all like it and I hope KI gives this some thought, would be quite interesting to see this incorperated into the game!

If you Cast this Spell and it goes Critical, this is the effect:

Critical Blade = One Blade + One Bonus Blade (+5%) or even 2 blades

Critical Shield = One Shield + One Bonus Shield (+5%) or even 2 shields

On these Next ones, your Opponent gets a chance at Critical Block!

Critical Trap = One Trap + One Bonus Trap (+5%) or even 2 traps

Critical Steal Ward = Steal 2 Shields from Opponent

Critical Steal Charm = Steal 2 Charms from Opponent

Critical Pierce = Pierce 2 Shields

Critical Dispel = Places 2 dispel on Opponent

Critical (Death Spell that make Opponent help you) = 2 rounds instead of 1

Okay Back to self casting spells:

Critical Remove Ward = Remove 2 Wards

Critical Auras = Double the length of time

Critical Polymorph = Double the length of time

Critical Minion = Gives minion double Health

All spells could then hit a critical and have an effect! Of course standard rules apply torward critical rates and boosts for each school! And any spell casted at an opponent, would get the chance for a critical block!

If you like it, please post that you do and even if you don't like it, please post that you don't and why!

Just thought about that. It would be pretty cool.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
that is giving the wizard too great of power then...

these things would have to be level limited to the legendary and above then.
the fist worlds are to train the wizard how to use the powers they get

from Dragonspyre it is ti refine the usage of them.

these would be giving too much power to a young wizard.

maybe at level 80 or 90 but not just yet

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
hobi wrote:
that is giving the wizard too great of power then...

these things would have to be level limited to the legendary and above then.
the fist worlds are to train the wizard how to use the powers they get

from Dragonspyre it is ti refine the usage of them.

these would be giving too much power to a young wizard.

maybe at level 80 or 90 but not just yet

Wow, you must really understand criticals. Adding double damage to one spell is what they do! By adding criticals to a GRANDMASTER, you're just doubling damage. Critical is chance, not damage.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
@hobi

I can understand your concerns hobi, however, I don't believe anyone under Grandmaster can critical anything to my knowledge! I don't think you can get any critical attack or block points until you reach grandmaster, so how would this affect the lower level wizards?

Also, the higher your level, the more critical points you get! Another thing to consider, is if you take a higher critical rating in your own school, you lose critical ratings in other schools, such as balance for elemental or spirit blades, Ice for Tower shields, Death for Feints, so it kind of makes you want to keep the universal critical points, but then that also lowers the criticals on attacks. So, it really makes you think!

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009

I don't really understand the critical blades and trap part.

But I understand the minions, cleanse and pierce. it's a good idea but maybe maybe it is best reserved for level 90?

Right now at level 60, I don't think we need all that power, we are getting on fine just now perhaps as we advance then that would be a more appropriate time to give us such powers.

Even though Diego did talk of a steal that can be critical but to date i have not seen or heard anyone say they had a critical steal!

Weird huh?

Anyway,s Am gonna log in , check my plants and go PvP on meh Ice LOL

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Okay, the critical blades, is simple, if you blade and hit critical, you can either:

1. Get 2 blades instead of 1
or
2. Get 1 school blade and 1 blade with an increase of 5%

Same can be said with traps and shields!

1. Get 2 shields instead of 1
or
2. Get 1 shield and 1 shield with an increase of 5% resistance

Now, with the traps, because you are casting it at an opponent, they get a chance at a critical block, but if they fail, this is what can happen:

1. 2 traps are placed on the opponent instead of 1
or
2. 1 trap is placed on the opponent and one trap +5% is also placed!

You might be right, this might need to be level 70 or more, but it is an interesting idea!

I also posted on your Ice OverPowered Post, tell me what you think!

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
NicoUzumaki wrote:

Even though Diego did talk of a steal that can be critical but to date i have not seen or heard anyone say they had a critical steal!

To Nico. I had a post where I asked about critical steals. I realized after the post that Diego was talking about life stealing spells such as vampire and wraith, not manipulation spells such as steal charm and steal ward.

To Darthjt... I like the ideas. Since each schools has its own strategic spells, I think critical versions of them would accentuate and highlight the differences. I know a lot of people hate the idea of critical just in general, but personally... I love it. I think it serves the intended purpose of dramatically increasing your strategy options and keeping people from all getting the same gear.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
the basis of the game is how to use what you get thru your school and training.

if we go to side step that
and start giving the higher wizards an advantage
of this kind of chance in play
then why even make the robes with any bonuses.

its not about being so hyped up in power
and ability to go critical
as it is about learning the combat strategies
and how to apply them
with the team work of others
in order to win.

now think about that
or are you one who just doesn't care
unless your the winner in everything.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
hobi wrote:

and how to apply them
in order to win.

now think about that

With all due respect... critical is a component of combat strategy, just like power pip chance before it. If the game was only about your main school of focus, then you wouldn't have secondary school training points, amulets, pets and other gear with spells, and treasure cards. Beyond that, the best critical gear available with the treasure card star spell vengeance only gets you to around a 55% chance for 4 rounds. How does that make this all hyped up on power? To get that chance, you make a lot of stat compromises. In my opinion, the new wizard 101 is not about doing things the "right" way anymore. Its about having enough options so that you really actually CAN come up with your own strategy and not simply be locked into the "best" way of doing things.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
hobi wrote:

No offense, but I honestly don't see your point! If you are referring to the crafted robes and "Side Stepping those" you wouldn't! You will get a higher chance at criticals for your school with crafted robes! Although, you will lose the global critical chance, but that is a matter of choice, as with all clothing! Also, there is more to come in the game, more crafted gear, more game gear, more spells, who knows what else will come! I just don't see how you think anything will be side stepped with this idea, could you please explain more?

and how to apply them
in order to win.

No, it is not all about being hyped up in power and this goes for defense too, which will actually help calm the critical kills against players, not just hype up your personal power! This still goes to knowing your school, knowing its strengths and it's weaknesses. This will help in all aspects of the game, if you think about it.

now think about that

I have thought about it, not everyone sees eye to eye! This is not about being all powerful and killing instantly, this is about forming strategies, getting critical shields, about enhancing an already excellent game and bringing back even more balance to the game!