Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Negative Auras

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 29, 2010
I thought of a new aura type spell, one you can cast on enemy targets and not yourself that will negatively impact their stats.

I wasn’t sure what class it should be since star is all about auras but auras are about boosting yourself, not boosting or weakening others then I thought shadow but shadow is more about polymorphing like moon.

I’m gonna go with star school for this one. If you think it should be another class please tell me which class you think it ought to be. Maybe they could even be a mix of shadow and star called ShadowStar or StarShadow

Anyway these new auras will be “Dark Auras”, instead of enhancing the caster’s stats for 4 rounds it will diminish the target’s stats for 4 rounds. They will cost 2 regular pips or 1 shadow pip instead of being free like regular auras.

Dark auras can be removed by casting any positive auras but the character casting the positive aura to remove the dark aura will take 250 star damage as the dark aura is destroyed. If a character removes a dark aura with a regular aura, the dark aura will be removed but the regular aura will only last for 2 rounds instead of 4, using half of its energy to destroy the dark aura.

These are the aura spells I thought of, I’m terrible with names so bear with me

Reduce enemy’s accuracy by %15 for 4 rounds

Reduce enemy’s power pip chance by %20 for 4 rounds

Reduce enemy’s outgoing damage by %15 for 4 rounds

Reduce enemy’s outgoing heals by %25 for 4 rounds

Reduce enemy’s incoming heals by %25 for 4 rounds

Reduce enemy’s resistance by %20 for 4 rounds

Reduce enemy’s critical by %20 for 4 rounds’

Reduce enemy’s block by %25 for 4 rounds

Increase enemy’s incoming damage by %15 for 4 rounds

Reduce enemy’s fire damage by %25 and accuracy by %5 for 4 rounds

Reduce enemy’s ice damage by %25 and accuracy by %5 for 4 rounds

Reduce enemy’s storm damage by %25 and accuracy by %5 for 4 rounds

Reduce enemy’s life damage by %25 and power pip chance by %5 for 4 rounds

Reduce enemy’s myth damage by %25 and power pip chance by %5 for 4 rounds

Reduce enemy’s death damage by %25 and power pip chance by %5 for 4 rounds

Reduce enemy’s balance damage by %25 and power pip chance by %5 for 4 rounds

I thought a new mechanic could really help spice up the game like when Sun Star and Moon spells were introduced way back with Celestia. Please tell me what you think.

~Wolf Nightbreeze~

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Interesting idea, but then I imagine high level bosses using those auras against me.

Alia Misthaven