Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Natural Resists

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 18, 2011
Hello, I had an idea that I wanted to pitch:
Ever tired of that boss (of which you are the same school), not getting damaged by your attacks, but killing you really fast? (Just pretend prisms don't exist, okay? Okay.) Well, something that I had been mulling over for a while is why we don't get natural resist to our school of focus? Sure, it wouldn't be as much as said bosses, but I think we should maybe get a 1% resist boost every, say, three or four levels. I mean, if we're spending so much time mastering this school, I'm sure we would have learned a way to protect against it a little bit. Still, these are just my own musings, but I think you should at least give me some constructive criticism as to why or why not you think this would be a good idea.

Wolf Wintershard - Apprentice Thaumaturge
Alric Thundercaller - Master Diviner

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
CynicalOstrich on Jan 22, 2013 wrote:
Hello, I had an idea that I wanted to pitch:
Ever tired of that boss (of which you are the same school), not getting damaged by your attacks, but killing you really fast? (Just pretend prisms don't exist, okay? Okay.) Well, something that I had been mulling over for a while is why we don't get natural resist to our school of focus? Sure, it wouldn't be as much as said bosses, but I think we should maybe get a 1% resist boost every, say, three or four levels. I mean, if we're spending so much time mastering this school, I'm sure we would have learned a way to protect against it a little bit. Still, these are just my own musings, but I think you should at least give me some constructive criticism as to why or why not you think this would be a good idea.

Wolf Wintershard - Apprentice Thaumaturge
110% agreed. You would get natural resist at the new level cap.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2011
I wouldn't even make you wait that long. I say we should start getting resist between levels 20 and 30.

Wolf Dawnshard - Apprentice Thaumaturge

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I've been thinking about this myself. Not only resist but extra damage as well. The more you specialize and learn in your own field, the better you get at damage and resist. Personally, I think getting 1% per level till 20, 1% every 3 levels till 50, then 1% every 5, capping out at a MAX of 75% extra.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
dayerider on Jan 24, 2013 wrote:
I've been thinking about this myself. Not only resist but extra damage as well. The more you specialize and learn in your own field, the better you get at damage and resist. Personally, I think getting 1% per level till 20, 1% every 3 levels till 50, then 1% every 5, capping out at a MAX of 75% extra.
Wizards can get a 100% damage boost already in gear. I think this will no work at all.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
popcicool7777777 on Jan 24, 2013 wrote:
Wizards can get a 100% damage boost already in gear. I think this will no work at all.
sure it will. it will allow for greater flexibility in gear being worn. Those are two attributes you don't have to worry about stacking as much and can afford the sacrifice of those stats to get better stats elsewhere. I can appreciate you're saying that it would be overkill or would POSSIBLY taint the damage boost. Personally, I would love to not have to worry about soo many things each time I buy new gear. it SEEMS LIKE everytime I upgrade gear, what was important last time is almost completely missing this time and that's on EVERY upgrade I've done (at least by the bazaar gear, I'm not talking crafting or drops). Since MOST of my wizarding time the bazaar gear seems to be the best (even better than crafting gear in a lot of aspects; tho clearly not all) I can get. The game needs more flexibility and not less.