Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

natural attacks for wizards

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 21, 2009
i have noticed EVERY single monster in the game has some kind of self attack.
we have the spells we get from a swords staffs and wands. but there should be a 4th option. VERY few people do this but some players choose to not play the game with a wand staff or sword SO if they don't use one of those things and cast spells using their hands they would automaticly have 5 extra spells in there deck labled natural attack in the item slot of there spell deck. it would increase in power with every 10 lvl ups but you dont get it until lvl 10.
this is what you would do when you use natural attack and summon your self and by how much they would increase in damage. note that clothing should not affect these spells but we can enchant them with enchantment spells from cl

fire. "wizard takes big inhale and breaths fire on enemy does 50 damage
increases" by 10 fire damage every 10 lvl ups
ice "wizard spins around insanly fast then becomes an icy blue tornado and spinds around the enemy and the enemy turns to a block of ice then bursts back out. does 70 ice damage increases by 5 every 10 lvls
storm. "wizard puts arms out at sides then a lightning bolt apears in his/her hands and then chucks it at enemy" does 90 storm damage and increases by 5 every 10 rounds
"balance a huge scale apears behind them and the enemy apears on one side and the enemy on the other after a few seconds of tetering the enemy will become hevery and then burst into a powernova then apear back at the place they were standing" does 70 balance damage and increases by 5 every 10 rounds
life "wizard does a strange lie ritual dance and then after 5 seconds of dancing and chanting to large and sharp vines will wrap around the enemy then explode like the centaurs arrow tree thing" does 60 life damage and increases by 5 every 10 lvls
myth " the wizard would do the summo wrestler stance by stomping the ground with one foot then the other and then would jump into the air and strike the ground very quickly and cause an canyon to open up and then explode like with the cyclops hammer strike attack. does 50 and increases by 10 every 10 lvls
death "wizard would cause a bunch of bones and skulls to pop outs of the ground and then they would start to floating and have a creepy purpleish blackish glow around them and then the enemy would have the same glow and the sort of same animation as with the wrath spell would happen only it would be multiple streams of the dark light and would be much more wavey

Survivor
May 09, 2009
poinsdeth wrote:
i have noticed EVERY single monster in the game has some kind of self attack.
we have the spells we get from a swords staffs and wands. but there should be a 4th option. VERY few people do this but some players choose to not play the game with a wand staff or sword SO if they don't use one of those things and cast spells using their hands they would automaticly have 5 extra spells in there deck labled natural attack in the item slot of there spell deck. it would increase in power with every 10 lvl ups but you dont get it until lvl 10.
this is what you would do when you use natural attack and summon your self and by how much they would increase in damage. note that clothing should not affect these spells but we can enchant them with enchantment spells from cl

fire. "wizard takes big inhale and breaths fire on enemy does 50 damage
increases" by 10 fire damage every 10 lvl ups
ice "wizard spins around insanly fast then becomes an icy blue tornado and spinds around the enemy and the enemy turns to a block of ice then bursts back out. does 70 ice damage increases by 5 every 10 lvls
storm. "wizard puts arms out at sides then a lightning bolt apears in his/her hands and then chucks it at enemy" does 90 storm damage and increases by 5 every 10 rounds
"balance a huge scale apears behind them and the enemy apears on one side and the enemy on the other after a few seconds of tetering the enemy will become hevery and then burst into a powernova then apear back at the place they were standing" does 70 balance damage and increases by 5 every 10 rounds
life "wizard does a strange lie ritual dance and then after 5 seconds of dancing and chanting to large and sharp vines will wrap around the enemy then explode like the centaurs arrow tree thing" does 60 life damage and increases by 5 every 10 lvls
myth " the wizard would do the summo wrestler stance by stomping the ground with one foot then the other and then would jump into the air and strike the ground very quickly and cause an canyon to open up and then explode like with the cyclops hammer strike attack. does 50 and increases by 10 every 10 lvls
death "wizard would cause a bunch of bones and skulls to pop outs of the ground and then they would start to floating and have a creepy purpleish blackish glow around them and then the enemy would have the same glow and the sort of same animation as with the wrath spell would happen only it would be multiple streams of the dark light and would be much more wavey
They sound too weak a level 60 has around a

Defender
Feb 25, 2011
The idea itself sounds ... interesting, but I'm not sure I like the descrpiptions for what the natural attacks would be. Also, it sounds like you would have to give up having a wand for the natural attacks to kick in. Wands give important stuff like power pips at the beginning of a round or critical and block ratings for higher-level wizards. Also, we aren't cats, we don't scratch naturally. Cats (MB ones for example lol) do. We're wizards. We learn spells. Learn being the key word. I'm not sure I'm down with this concept, but it's a nice idea I guess. I just wouldn't use it if it were implemented. :/

Sophia AshHeart
Level 45 Balance

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Sword-wands have a sort of natural attack, if by "natural attack", you mean, "a way to warp into the center of the field and do something".

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
the animations doesnt sound like a natural attack. remember that the camera doesnt move when you do one

Explorer
Apr 21, 2009
its just that the sword thing is kinda old and boaring for me now and i think some or most wizards with swords that still use them would agree just want something new in the game for us the players. since a new world is a ways away this would be a fun thing just to mess with for a while and i think i might of forgot to mention but my idea is when you get to lvl 60 thes espells become X ranked like judgement or tempest or heck hound. storm gets 125 ice 85 fire 105 balance 105 life 95 death 105 and myth 90 and they are all per pip AND to make it so its not like every school gets there own version judgement all the spells would only have 70% but storm would only have 60% cause well 125 thats pretty deadly.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I'm not really liking it. I choose not to use a wand or staff because I don't like the attacks that they have. This would ruin the whole purpose of me not having a wand. The only time I'll get a wand is if it will give me a starting Powerpip. Not pip, POWER pip. That could take a while though.

Defender
Jan 09, 2009
for myth and Fire, the attacks are seriously underpowered. What kind of nutjob makes the life and Ice attacks do more damage than the fire and Myth? And 125 for storm? That is an extreme insult to pyromancers! Not only did they make stormhound the same as heckhounds, but now you are asking for them to make a natural attack just 5 points shy of it? You should soon be getting protests from Pyromancers everywhere!

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
Yeah okay. I'm hating "STRANGE LIE (?) RITUAL DANCE" I mean, that's insulting to call life wizards "Strange" Storm is too overpowering. My 2nd school is Fire, and pretty angry that it's so low. This pretty much ruins the whole point of not having a wand.. I'm not liking this idea. AT ALL. It makes Life look and seem like total morons.
I really don't like this idea, at all.
Alyssa Pixiedust♥
Level 31 Therugist♣

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
eggywig wrote:
I'm not really liking it.

I don't like it either. I remove the wand to get rid of those extra cards as they get in my way. I don't want them replaced by something like this!

Survivor
May 03, 2011
This might be a good idea but I like my wand/staff better.

However I have seen a few wizards without wands so they might like it.

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
your overpowering naturally weaker attacked schools severely under power the second strongest attack school fire and the third strongest attack school myth storm is ice is centered around defense and your giving it over powered natural attack i am a legendary pyromancer i dont use wand attacks much but wands are better than your natural attacks i only use wand for power pip and critical and critical block rating but if i did your natural attacks i would lose that for a weaker version of my wand attacks i dont think so i do think wands are helpful are you even high enough level to understand the need for the power pip the wand gives you or a critical and critical block rating those things can make all the difference so im sry to say but its not a good idea it might be good if your like level 20 but i have to give it a thumbs down