Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth needs more power!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
Myth needs:

an AoP (All of Pip) attack

a better minion, bigger than animate! (maybe a Griffin?)

an attack that does a fine amount of damage to all enemies

a spell that takes away all posotive shields and blades from the target (costing 3-4 pips)

an attack by the wizard that makes minions attack the target

a blade that goes to the wizard and it's minion that gives +25% to their next myth attack

Myth wants, does not need, and probably will not get:

a minion whose attacks can be chosen by the creator of the minion

a whole land dedicated to mythness and all of it's awesomeness!

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I agree, myth needs work. Even when going up against computer opponents I laugh at myth school and think its going to be an easy fight. I played myth up to between 15 and 20 then quit, cause I thought it to be too weak at upper levels to even want to continue on. I've had myth friends who were grandmasters, they tended to tell me that they didn't play pvp at all cause they never fair well in it. So if they are weak in game play and weak in pvp, then what good are they? Earthquake is a neat spell, but we cry about losing our blades and shields, not so much about damage or anything.

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
Excuse me, but no, just NO. What about Ice? We're even WEAKER. We may have high health and can take damage, but we have extreme low attacks and pretty low accuracy. :/

So Myth isn't the only one, hun.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Myth needs more power, I agree, and ice also needs work. Please do not make one school's need for improvement to be more game balanced any less important than another's. Ice is the only school I've seen players actually cry about being cause no one wants to play with them and after all their time they feel so weak. Myth isn't much better, and both need work. Myth would be a lot better if its earthquake did a lot more damage than it does. Ice would be better if it had a freeze sort of spell that decreases its opponents accuracy and damage until a successful cast is made. I think those two changes would balance both of those schools up a lot. I'd also favor for myth a school chance of 20% of doing double damage on a spell cast that is given from the start of the game and can never be increased (this base chance would indead make myth school mythical in nature).

The problem with ice isn't its damage, its the inability to better take advantage of having increased health. A curse type of spell would make ice play as it was originally intended, and would make players want to play with ice players in order to better reduce damage on everyone and buy more time to do stuff.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
an AoP (All of Pip) attack
They get minion as an X attack, life, ice, and death dont get these either

a better minion, bigger than animate! (maybe a Griffin?)
it has 4 minions for different tactics it's fine

an attack that does a fine amount of damage to all enemies
earthquake and frog can do this is you're smart enough to prep well, which I guess you arent sense you complain about it

a spell that takes away all posotive shields and blades from the target (costing 3-4 pips)
Earthquake does this with positive and negative charms and wards, they are deffinetly not gonna do only positive for only 4 pips

an attack by the wizard that makes minions attack the target
hit the target you want minion to hit, then summon minion

a blade that goes to the wizard and it's minion that gives +25% to their next myth attack

um no, that would be balance and its 20%

Myth wants, does not need, and probably will not get:

a minion whose attacks can be chosen by the creator of the minion
this, if put on, would be for all schools so dont be stuck up

a whole land dedicated to mythness and all of it's awesomeness!

Um lands arent school specific so get over yourself, they are cultural specific

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Besides Myth is tired for 3rd in plain power
I do believe (without baldes or anything) it's
Storm
Fire
Myth/Balance
Life
Ice
Death though death has feint hex and a 40% blade and death trap that is 35%

With full prep they are all pretty much tied

Defender
May 09, 2009
these will make myth overpowered. fire does not have a all pips spell. and they hold their own pretty good. earth quake is way good and idk why people dont use it more because it removes all our blades and shields.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
When I first started my Myth wizard I thought it was weak. I stuck with it and I am glad i did. I love myth. The one thing most people must remember about myth is that it is made to cut through defenses. It is not made for big hits like Storm, Fire, or Death. The minions, when used properly become your greatest allies. When using a minion, I always check what their attack is and plan mine accordingly. By working with the minion and not against it battles become much easier.

Myth is also about strategy. A trap on a non-myth enemy followed by a prism saves the trap for the larger hit when using minotaur or orthrus. I also have learned to keep Ninja Pigs in my treasure deck to use against myth bosses.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life
Hannah Legendstalker Level 50 Myth

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
Haha, well pinching didn't work, and i still want more wizard power :P.
And besides, The Dorms are for ideas, dreaming, and shooting insanely high.

So fine, Ice needs more power too, but i'm not an ice wizard so i shouldn't comment too much on that .

I'm not kidding about that All of Pip attack for Myth though!
We really need one!

And i wanna try out this wiggly lip face .

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
I agree and disagree. I agree about a stronger all-enemie attack spell, and I disagree about the land and all that other stuff that would make Myth better then the other schools.

The schools aren't suposed to be better then other schools in every way, they're supposed to be better in a few certain ways...

Fire: deals damage over time
Ice: survives in duels longer
Storm: deals out heavy damage
Myth: summons best minions
Life: has the best healing spells
Death: steals health from opponent
Balance: bounds all the other schools together

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
Hmm...

I very much apreciate the tips, and i do not exactly appreciate the insults :P.
Fine i'll stop pushing for odd stuff, but i still want an AoP attack.
And everyone has an AoP attack.
Look at the list above this post.

And earthquake can do a lot of damage, but i'm just giving ideas, because i'd like an attack that only deals damage, or maybe deals damage and stuns, or you know, something. Something that deals more than 310.

And if you know something i don't about the trolls, plz share the information .
As far as i know, they're pretty useless compared to cyclopses.

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
fancymay wrote:
Excuse me, but no, just NO. What about Ice? We're even WEAKER. We may have high health and can take damage, but we have extreme low attacks and pretty low accuracy. :/

So Myth isn't the only one, hun.

Well actually, Ice attacks may be weaker than other schools, but its rank 6 attack still beats death. i think Ice is one of the best schools, along with balance and storm (i've never made balance but i will after my ice guy). Just think, Ice has high health, good enough accuracy, good defenses, somewhat good spells, and good clothing colors. and if we're too weak we can have a secondary school. that's why i am choosing fire as my secondary for Ice

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
quit complaining! myth always says they better storm they say there the best if you are...
QUIT COMPLAINING!

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
I didn't have too much problems with Myth and have made it up to Drake Hatchery in DS with him. But my biggest concern now is that I'm facing higher health opponents, and when I start facing Myth opponents.

The highest one hit card Myth has is Cyclops, which I received at level 10. Humongofrog does the same amount of damage as Cyclops, but to all opponents for just 1 pip more (and you get that at level 22).

Earthquake (at level 42) is also a hit-all attack, but since it is a fixed damage amount (310) it can actually do less damage than your level 22 Humongofrog! The fact that Earthquake also removed all traps, shield, blades and charms from your opponent is pretty much inconsequential outside of PvP and the one quest in Plaza of Conquest.

Being able to come up with enough Myth Prisms to cover all the opponents before using Humongofrog or Earthquake is impossible from the regular deck.

Then we come to Minotaur and Orthrus, both of which are single-target double-hitters (acquired at levels 33 and 48 respectively). While the damage dished out from these spells aren't too bad, the fact that any traps placed on your apponent are used from the first weak hit is a serious setback. Having to rely on your regular deck to supply you with multiple copies of traps is downright useless (let's face it, the deck dealer is not your friend). Relying on your regular deck to also supply you with double Myth Prisms is impossible. So now you have to come up with a Myth Blade, Spirit Blades, 2 sets of Myth Traps, 2 sets of Spirit Traps, and 2 sets of Myth Prisms before you can attack (and hope not to fizzle)! That's 8 rounds of battle (without laying down a single shield or doing any healing) before you can attack.

I should not have to rely on treasure card version of my Myth spells (ie, Myth Prisms) in order to get 2 of them for one attack because, as usual, they are mostly at the bottom of my deck.

And trying to keep your minions from using up your traps while you're doing this is impossible. I can see now why KI has added so many sacrifice minion for ". . . . ." cards to Myth's arsenal (something else I would have to have a treasure card version of instead on relying on the dealer to supply).

There are 3 solutions to this problem:

1) Add Ninja Pigs to the list of Myth's learnable spells. Ninja Pigs is a high damage, single-target, single-hit card. This removes the necessity of having to double up on every trap and prism.

2) Have the first hit of Minotaur and Orthrus not activate any traps and prisms.

3) Rework the Myth Prism so that a single prism effects both hits from Minotaur and Orthrus.

Let's face it. Only 2 schools actually have shields against Myth (discounting the Tower Shield, which can be taken down by anything) and that is Storm and Balance. And Balance doesn't even use the Spirit Shields until DS, which also happens to be where the disadvantage of Myth's double-hitters and laying down traps really esculate.

So yes, Myth does need to be taken another look at.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
WHAT?! myth is awesome it has the ability to get rid of shilds buffs and anything on your oppenent, when storm dont even learn spells that are ment to get rid of shields. and myth can attack at full power. ( must be why in pve strom is weak to myth and myth is weak to storm ) ex: you are a storm you get all these buffs and use a triton, but you are second and your oppenent uses a -80 storm sheild. then your attack is ruined, but myth can easily get past any sheild. and for storm to do damage over time is to mutate or storm hound and u at least get one storm hound and you have to train in fire to mutate. or you may even use a low lvl storm spell but you still lose any buffs