Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth needs a new multi-attack spell!

1
AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
35
Hello, there are lots of myth spells on Wizard101, but the thing is that myth is not getting a multi attack. Maybe if the next update they make new spells they could put a multi-attack for myth. I have an idea for the future 11 pip myth spell:

700-860 damage to all enemies and stun shield to all friends

If you don't like my idea post yours here.

Brian Shadowtail

Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
28
Brian ShadowTail on May 26, 2014 wrote:
Hello, there are lots of myth spells on Wizard101, but the thing is that myth is not getting a multi attack. Maybe if the next update they make new spells they could put a multi-attack for myth. I have an idea for the future 11 pip myth spell:

700-860 damage to all enemies and stun shield to all friends

If you don't like my idea post yours here.

Brian Shadowtail
Nice, but a bit under-powered for myth. maybe 960-1060 damage to all enemies, and the stun shields.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4115
I'd never use it on my myth. I agree that myth needs a new AOE, but I think it would be more interesting to make it a double-hit to all or DOT to all. Frog already does 540-600 damage with Colossal for only 4 pips. Easier and faster to buff up a little more than to wait for 11 pips. I already don't carry any attacks but frog in most dungeons and that's enough to solo and OHK in all, I might need a second frog if they shield ( alot less pips than 11).

Survivor
Sep 27, 2012
10
Brian ShadowTail on May 26, 2014 wrote:
Hello, there are lots of myth spells on Wizard101, but the thing is that myth is not getting a multi attack. Maybe if the next update they make new spells they could put a multi-attack for myth. I have an idea for the future 11 pip myth spell:

700-860 damage to all enemies and stun shield to all friends

If you don't like my idea post yours here.

Brian Shadowtail
I totally agree with you! Myth does need a new multi-attack spell, but I don't think it should be worth 11 pips. To this date, all other schools can train both myth multi-attack spells, and there is no unique myth multi-attack spell. I would be happy with a 7-8 pip spell that does more damage than earthquake but doesn't remove all charms or shields.

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
147
Kyle SeaHunter on May 28, 2014 wrote:
Nice, but a bit under-powered for myth. maybe 960-1060 damage to all enemies, and the stun shields.
You people get so greedy when you talk about AOEs.

No matter the pip costs AOEs hit everyone and are therefore not supposed to be as powerful as other spells. I like the original suggestion. Myth isn't supposed to be as powerful as storm (sirens spell)

-The RavenCatcher

100967163

Survivor
Mar 12, 2012
20
I, as a fellow conjurer, know the struggle of having only two multi-hit spells, and I've been hoping for a new one for a while, but the fact is, I don't think it's gonna happen. Who would save 11 pips to hit someone?

I do hope for a new hit all spell to come, maybe changing one of our normal spells to a hit all? But I don't see it coming in the near future.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
51
I don't want to go against the grain but I think it's fine the way it is because each school has its own flaws and, in spite of it, people still manage to live through them. A few examples as follows:

Life -> this schools struggles till level 58, when they get their only multi-target attack spell. Till there, they have to comply with the nasty rule: kill enemies one by one.
Balance -> although it has lots of multi-attack spells, they do not have a wise way to get rid of weaknesses and tower shields on enemies, because of their lousy universal blades, other than using TCs such as: pierce, shatter or cleanse.
Ice -> although it also has lots of multi-target attacks, all of them have a very low base damage which makes the Ice wizard think of a plan to finish undefeated left enemies, plus the damage boost coming from gear is very low, compared to all other schools.
Fire -> only possesses one one round multi-attack spell (not to mention the Accurary), which sometimes is annoying because you might want to kill all enemies in the same round, and not having to wait two, or the full left rounds to finish enemies off.
Storm -> the worst health and accuracy in the game. Till level 60, when you get your hands on Waterworks gear, most of the storm wizards die and have lots of headaches because of the constant and annoying fizzling.
Death -> only get one multi-attack spell, which has a very low base damage, although the draining part is worth it, it is still weak compared to even Life.

As you could see, each school has its own flaws and qualities and that's what make the game fair, now it's up to us to learn how to use them wisely

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
304
It's true Myth does neeed a new AOE Spell but 11 pips is way to much for it so they would definitely need a 1 hit spell for a 11 pip spell. What Kingsisle should do is make a Myth AOE Lore Spell dropped by the Loremaster or in packs maybe?? Since I've seen most people saying that 11 pips is to much which makes sense a lore spell would be a good idea
Maybe something like:
8 Pips, 650 Damage to all enemies and steal 1 power pip
OR
8 Pips, 750 Damage to all enemies with no affect

Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
35
Megan Frostflame on May 30, 2014 wrote:
It's true Myth does neeed a new AOE Spell but 11 pips is way to much for it so they would definitely need a 1 hit spell for a 11 pip spell. What Kingsisle should do is make a Myth AOE Lore Spell dropped by the Loremaster or in packs maybe?? Since I've seen most people saying that 11 pips is to much which makes sense a lore spell would be a good idea
Maybe something like:
8 Pips, 650 Damage to all enemies and steal 1 power pip
OR
8 Pips, 750 Damage to all enemies with no affect
11 pips is not much, we can blade while waiting, plus an 11 pip multi attack is strong

Brian Shadowtail

Historian
Aug 18, 2011
656
11 pips is too much How about a good 8 pip AoE? I'm tired of watching a frog barf.
A "trap all" spell would be nice too, and some kind of heal or a high level defensive minion.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
35
Prince of Shadows on May 31, 2014 wrote:
11 pips is too much How about a good 8 pip AoE? I'm tired of watching a frog barf.
A "trap all" spell would be nice too, and some kind of heal or a high level defensive minion.
We already have an 8 pip spell, Medusa is one

Brian ShadowTail

Survivor
Sep 27, 2012
10
SrEdu on May 30, 2014 wrote:
I don't want to go against the grain but I think it's fine the way it is because each school has its own flaws and, in spite of it, people still manage to live through them. A few examples as follows:

Life -> this schools struggles till level 58, when they get their only multi-target attack spell. Till there, they have to comply with the nasty rule: kill enemies one by one.
Balance -> although it has lots of multi-attack spells, they do not have a wise way to get rid of weaknesses and tower shields on enemies, because of their lousy universal blades, other than using TCs such as: pierce, shatter or cleanse.
Ice -> although it also has lots of multi-target attacks, all of them have a very low base damage which makes the Ice wizard think of a plan to finish undefeated left enemies, plus the damage boost coming from gear is very low, compared to all other schools.
Fire -> only possesses one one round multi-attack spell (not to mention the Accurary), which sometimes is annoying because you might want to kill all enemies in the same round, and not having to wait two, or the full left rounds to finish enemies off.
Storm -> the worst health and accuracy in the game. Till level 60, when you get your hands on Waterworks gear, most of the storm wizards die and have lots of headaches because of the constant and annoying fizzling.
Death -> only get one multi-attack spell, which has a very low base damage, although the draining part is worth it, it is still weak compared to even Life.

As you could see, each school has its own flaws and qualities and that's what make the game fair, now it's up to us to learn how to use them wisely
Life - only school that can learn forest lord
Balance - only school that can learn Power Nova and Ra
Ice - only school that can learn Frost Giant and Snow Angel
Fire - only school that can learn Scald, Fire Dragon, and Rain of Fire
Storm - only school that can learn tempest, Storm Lord, and Sirens
Death - only school that can learn scarecrow

Myth - only school that does NOT have an unique multi-target spell attack that other schools cannot learn. I understand that Life has only 1 multi-attack spell and Myth already has two, but I think that Myth should have one that no one else can get.

Historian
Aug 18, 2011
656
Brian ShadowTail on Jun 2, 2014 wrote:
We already have an 8 pip spell, Medusa is one

Brian ShadowTail
I said AoE, per the topic. Medusa is single target.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
1
how about ares's wrath 9 pips 800 damage to all enemies and stuns for 3 rounds

A+ Student
Jan 11, 2012
1680
caleb deathstalker on Jun 3, 2014 wrote:
how about ares's wrath 9 pips 800 damage to all enemies and stuns for 3 rounds
no way. Way too strong a spell. A 3 round stun almost guarantees a victory, and while you may say "great", remember, that same thing would be used against you. Then it would be complained about and nerfed, so why dont we cut to the chase and not give stun on it at all.

Survivor
May 27, 2014
2
SrEdu on May 30, 2014 wrote:
I don't want to go against the grain but I think it's fine the way it is because each school has its own flaws and, in spite of it, people still manage to live through them. A few examples as follows:

Life -> this schools struggles till level 58, when they get their only multi-target attack spell. Till there, they have to comply with the nasty rule: kill enemies one by one.
Balance -> although it has lots of multi-attack spells, they do not have a wise way to get rid of weaknesses and tower shields on enemies, because of their lousy universal blades, other than using TCs such as: pierce, shatter or cleanse.
Ice -> although it also has lots of multi-target attacks, all of them have a very low base damage which makes the Ice wizard think of a plan to finish undefeated left enemies, plus the damage boost coming from gear is very low, compared to all other schools.
Fire -> only possesses one one round multi-attack spell (not to mention the Accurary), which sometimes is annoying because you might want to kill all enemies in the same round, and not having to wait two, or the full left rounds to finish enemies off.
Storm -> the worst health and accuracy in the game. Till level 60, when you get your hands on Waterworks gear, most of the storm wizards die and have lots of headaches because of the constant and annoying fizzling.
Death -> only get one multi-attack spell, which has a very low base damage, although the draining part is worth it, it is still weak compared to even Life.

As you could see, each school has its own flaws and qualities and that's what make the game fair, now it's up to us to learn how to use them wisely
You are overlooking a few key points.

Life- Killing things one by one? What is myth doing the entire time they level? Spending 9 turns trying to blade, feint, trap to kill the enemies with a humongo frog? Life gets a spell that does good damage and take down mobs effectively.

Balance-Sandstorm, Powernova, Ra no complaints should be here what so ever. High levels they get great critical so these attacks do double the damage. Myth gets what exactly?

Ice- Blizzard, Snow Angel, Frost Giant. Again, no complaints, low damage? 2 blades and an ice bubble will take care of most enemies, meanwhile myth is still trying to kill the same enemies with a 4 pip spell.

Fire- Meteor, Scald, Fire Dragon, Rain of Fire, Sun Serpent(whatever its called) no complaints should be here, high critical damage, so many options. Myth still has humongofrog though, brilliant spell.

Storm-Most storm wizards die a lot? That's your excuse? You can acquire these things called gear that improves your statistics if you didn't know to fix the weaknesses. Tempest, Storm Lord, Sirens will take care of minions, and some bosses as well. High damage, High critical, they are in the best place right now that they could be.

Death- They may need a bit of help, but the draining of HP is still pretty huge, necromancers don't die due to lack of damage, they don't really die at all. Can you truly kill what is already dead? The point is, they are in the best spot for PvE as of right now, the easiest class to solo with by far. No complaints here. Drain spells/Fossil will get the job done, may not be fast, but quicker than myth.

As you can see each school has an AoE that quite frankly gets the job done. Myth however, has to kill everything one at a time, at all levels. Before you talk about how fair the game is, please play every class, get them to level 95 and tell me that its fair. Myth is the most hated class in this game, we have been asking for a hit all spell since level 60, are we ever going to get it?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4115
Dj XI on Jun 5, 2014 wrote:
You are overlooking a few key points.

Life- Killing things one by one? What is myth doing the entire time they level? Spending 9 turns trying to blade, feint, trap to kill the enemies with a humongo frog? Life gets a spell that does good damage and take down mobs effectively.

Balance-Sandstorm, Powernova, Ra no complaints should be here what so ever. High levels they get great critical so these attacks do double the damage. Myth gets what exactly?

Ice- Blizzard, Snow Angel, Frost Giant. Again, no complaints, low damage? 2 blades and an ice bubble will take care of most enemies, meanwhile myth is still trying to kill the same enemies with a 4 pip spell.

Fire- Meteor, Scald, Fire Dragon, Rain of Fire, Sun Serpent(whatever its called) no complaints should be here, high critical damage, so many options. Myth still has humongofrog though, brilliant spell.

Storm-Most storm wizards die a lot? That's your excuse? You can acquire these things called gear that improves your statistics if you didn't know to fix the weaknesses. Tempest, Storm Lord, Sirens will take care of minions, and some bosses as well. High damage, High critical, they are in the best place right now that they could be.

Death- They may need a bit of help, but the draining of HP is still pretty huge, necromancers don't die due to lack of damage, they don't really die at all. Can you truly kill what is already dead? The point is, they are in the best spot for PvE as of right now, the easiest class to solo with by far. No complaints here. Drain spells/Fossil will get the job done, may not be fast, but quicker than myth.

As you can see each school has an AoE that quite frankly gets the job done. Myth however, has to kill everything one at a time, at all levels. Before you talk about how fair the game is, please play every class, get them to level 95 and tell me that its fair. Myth is the most hated class in this game, we have been asking for a hit all spell since level 60, are we ever going to get it?
As 100 level wizard I totally disagree with your take on Myth. I have soloed the entire game with several wizards. Myth is the only one that I've never needed any help whatsoever in any dungeon or boss. I don't even bother carrying single attack spells except for a few cheating boss fights, and even then it's only Ninja Pigs. Death is much slower than Myth to complete battles solo.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
35
SrEdu on May 30, 2014 wrote:
I don't want to go against the grain but I think it's fine the way it is because each school has its own flaws and, in spite of it, people still manage to live through them. A few examples as follows:

Life -> this schools struggles till level 58, when they get their only multi-target attack spell. Till there, they have to comply with the nasty rule: kill enemies one by one.
Balance -> although it has lots of multi-attack spells, they do not have a wise way to get rid of weaknesses and tower shields on enemies, because of their lousy universal blades, other than using TCs such as: pierce, shatter or cleanse.
Ice -> although it also has lots of multi-target attacks, all of them have a very low base damage which makes the Ice wizard think of a plan to finish undefeated left enemies, plus the damage boost coming from gear is very low, compared to all other schools.
Fire -> only possesses one one round multi-attack spell (not to mention the Accurary), which sometimes is annoying because you might want to kill all enemies in the same round, and not having to wait two, or the full left rounds to finish enemies off.
Storm -> the worst health and accuracy in the game. Till level 60, when you get your hands on Waterworks gear, most of the storm wizards die and have lots of headaches because of the constant and annoying fizzling.
Death -> only get one multi-attack spell, which has a very low base damage, although the draining part is worth it, it is still weak compared to even Life.

As you could see, each school has its own flaws and qualities and that's what make the game fair, now it's up to us to learn how to use them wisely
Well first of all, I cannot keep on using frog forever and ever, second of all, if you say that myth doesn't need one, it's like telling kingisle not to make a multi attack for us, we are struggling on killing enemies one by one, and school quests I need henchman and also, scarecrow is not weak

Brian ShadowTail lvl 82

Nathan StarBlood lvl 28

Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
35
or maybe kingsisle can change a past spell like orthrus, medusa, basilisk, or celestial calendar into a multi attack.

Brian Shadowtail lvl 82

Nathan StarBlood lvl 28

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4115
Brian ShadowTail on Jun 6, 2014 wrote:
Well first of all, I cannot keep on using frog forever and ever, second of all, if you say that myth doesn't need one, it's like telling kingisle not to make a multi attack for us, we are struggling on killing enemies one by one, and school quests I need henchman and also, scarecrow is not weak

Brian ShadowTail lvl 82

Nathan StarBlood lvl 28
You're just at a hard level. Once you get sharp/potent things get quite a bit easier. I never saw the point in using henchmen, or felt the need with myth. And yes Scarecrow is pretty weak. It's a 7 pip spell that does about the same damage as most 4 pip AOE's. It's great for refilling health, but for killing it's far less effective than frog and every other 4 pip AOE.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
35
Sokad on May 29, 2014 wrote:
You people get so greedy when you talk about AOEs.

No matter the pip costs AOEs hit everyone and are therefore not supposed to be as powerful as other spells. I like the original suggestion. Myth isn't supposed to be as powerful as storm (sirens spell)

-The RavenCatcher

100967163
actually his spell isn't over powered. I am putting up an 11 pip spell and sirens is 9 pips. so I don't think it is underpowered.

Explorer
Aug 29, 2011
51
I agree with you that myth needs a new multi-attack spell. I have a grandmaster myth and I started thinking about all the myth school spells, and I realized there is only humongofrog. I'm pretty sure you are done with the game at the end of Khrysalis part 2, but if it isn't, I think a spell like this would be good: 1,100-1,275 damage to all enemies, and stun to all, 11 pips.

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
103
I agree with DJ XI on this one also on author's post why?
Whatever you say will not change things to better or worse if it took them from lvl 60 to now to not give any great spell to be proud on they would need to just delete this school from ravenwood. No point when all other schools are more favorite then myth i would say ignored btw until you get to cast 10 rank spell half of your team is with half health and you have to use Rebirth or Satyr to give support, and for good 6,000 without critical you need enchanted Spirit blade, regular Spirit blade, enchanted Myth blade, regular Myth blade and maybe some balance blade if it pops out but to no boost schools does around 4,000 maybe more idk. Been in this game for while now i don't look Frog spell with same eyes i sometimes look somewhere else, lot of nicknames for that spell but my favorite is when everyone says " Ribbit " i got tired of that spell we need something new earthquake is no option when it destroys traps of other schools i use it more rare then ever only where i use its PvP nowhere else. What i see in next update is not attack spell then self heal spell we are only ones that didn't got it.

New spell? Just more damage then frog and something less big animation ( swarm of Imp maybe lol )

Long year user of myth school Michael Bluebright, Exaled Conjurer, Technomancer

Explorer
May 23, 2009
62
Brian ShadowTail on May 26, 2014 wrote:
Hello, there are lots of myth spells on Wizard101, but the thing is that myth is not getting a multi attack. Maybe if the next update they make new spells they could put a multi-attack for myth. I have an idea for the future 11 pip myth spell:

700-860 damage to all enemies and stun shield to all friends

If you don't like my idea post yours here.

Brian Shadowtail
Yes, I agree as long as it is funnier than the barfing frog. Otherwise, no.

100 . 98 . 90 . 70 . 21 .

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
92
I'm a Myth. Level 100 to be exact. Humungofrog works fine. Few blades and bam, they're dead.
Though this may just be me mostly because I have crowns gear and have 96 damage and a ton of critical…

1