Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth - Master of Monsters

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 29, 2011
Since Myth is the Master of Monsters and the school most associated with minions, it would be awesome if we had a utility spell which allowed us to control them. It would last for a limited time (no less than 4 rounds), and would be No PvP. Please consider this idea for future Myth spells.

Wolf Windrider
Exalted and only

Defender
Aug 04, 2014
I fully support this! I used to summon my minotaur minion all the time but don't anymore because he always uses my traps with a troll. This is very frustrating when I am trying to set up to Orthrus and my amulet only gives two 35% traps. I summon my Minotaur to take damage for me - not use my traps.

Defender
May 02, 2010
Seems a bit OP to me. Controlling everything your minions does. Plus, how is KI going to code this in? And who's gonna be controlling your character while you're controlling your minion?

Plus if the spell is school specific, then it's gonna be allowed in PvP just like Insane Bolt (which i'm sure none of us like).

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
Errol Everhart on Feb 18, 2015 wrote:
Since Myth is the Master of Monsters and the school most associated with minions, it would be awesome if we had a utility spell which allowed us to control them. It would last for a limited time (no less than 4 rounds), and would be No PvP. Please consider this idea for future Myth spells.

Wolf Windrider
Exalted and only
Sounds fun how would it work?

Defender
Apr 08, 2011
I think controlling minions is a great idea! Especially for Myth, like you said, since many of their spells do focus on minions. Related to your idea, I also think it'd be cool if we could control crowns henchmen.

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
This does seem like a good idea, but what about coding? Plus, who is going to control your wizard? KI will probably have to double the 'card choosing' time to allow enough time for you to control both you and your minion.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Errol Everhart on Feb 18, 2015 wrote:

Wolf Windrider
Exalted and only
I think it would be great if we could take this one step further and have the ability to control an enemy minion in Boss fights. It could be similar to "Beguile" but a 4-round aura type spell that would allow a Myth wizard to have limited control over one enemy minion. The aura would actually go on the minion and limit it to non-aggressive spells** for the duration of the spell, perhaps allowing it to cast only spells which would be beneficial to the Myth wizards team. It wouldn't actually allow direct control and the target's stun resistance could have a bearing on the success of the casting. Due to the nature of the spell it should ONLY be usable/trainable by conjurers.
Spell name: Beastmaster
Spell level: 80
Pip cost: 6
Spell duration: 4 rounds
Accuracy: 90%
Effect: **Target casts only non-aggressive spells for the duration. Shields, blades, traps and heals cast on the conjurers team.
Special: If the conjurer criticals when casting this spell the target will cast aggressive spells against it's own team for the duration of the spell, in essence making it similar to a 4-round Beguile spell.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
TucsonWizard on Feb 20, 2015 wrote:
I think it would be great if we could take this one step further and have the ability to control an enemy minion in Boss fights. It could be similar to "Beguile" but a 4-round aura type spell that would allow a Myth wizard to have limited control over one enemy minion. The aura would actually go on the minion and limit it to non-aggressive spells** for the duration of the spell, perhaps allowing it to cast only spells which would be beneficial to the Myth wizards team. It wouldn't actually allow direct control and the target's stun resistance could have a bearing on the success of the casting. Due to the nature of the spell it should ONLY be usable/trainable by conjurers.
Spell name: Beastmaster
Spell level: 80
Pip cost: 6
Spell duration: 4 rounds
Accuracy: 90%
Effect: **Target casts only non-aggressive spells for the duration. Shields, blades, traps and heals cast on the conjurers team.
Special: If the conjurer criticals when casting this spell the target will cast aggressive spells against it's own team for the duration of the spell, in essence making it similar to a 4-round Beguile spell.
Interesting.