Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth Healing Spells

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 21, 2013
Here are my ideas of the highly needed myth healing spells:

Cyclops Blessings - 3 pips - 300 and +20%
***Earned by talking to Romulus in Unicorn Way for the first Aquila quest

Healing Minotaur - 5 pip - 550 and +15% to next spell
***Earned by defeating Cyrus Drake when training for Dragonspyre

King Artorious' Grace - 8 pip - 25 and 1200 over 3 rounds and +10% armor piercing to next spell
***Earned by talking to Cyrus Drake after you beat Avalon

Zeus' Ball of Healing - X pip - 80 per pip to all allies
***Earned by beating Zeus in the first Aquila quest

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Myth isn't a healer. These are overpowered. The last one especially. First of all, a Myth healing spell is not highly needed. Giving Myth a heal all, spammable X spell at level 30 is just way too much.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Aren't these just the same as the regular Myth spells, but heals instead of attacks? I am not opposed to Myth getting a heal (if Ice does too) but some of these are just a bit OP as written. The Zeus Ball of Healing animation could be cool though!

Defender
Jul 21, 2013
My new myth healing idea:

Myth Fairy - 4 pips - 500 and 1 Stun Resist
***Earned by completing Krokotopia

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
The Weather Man on Jul 20, 2016 wrote:

I love that idea.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012

That's actually the first Myth heal proposed that sounds fair to me. It fits with the school, isn't too overpowered, would make PvE easier for solo and also might make Myth useful in PvP. I don't see any downside. I don't really see them adding it as a regular school spell though. Maybe as a lore/dropped spell. Or as a level 30 quest in one of the Aquila caves.

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
You can Heal for 1 pip. Use the 0 pip golem minion and then use Siphon health. Two turns, but one pip. Rinse/repeat

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012

I like this idea, but 'Myth Fairy' seems a little plain and forced. How about something like Fae or Fay?

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Any school including Myth can use a good heal spell. Why are people so worried about spell cards being overpowered. Some may be a little but so what. This is only a fantasy game filled with imaginations. I always say; let KI decide if a spell card is overpowered and make adjustments if need to. If players think spells may be to strong, it's because they are doing the overpowering by adding multiple enhancements including faints to their cards in battle. Some may agree with my post, some may disagree, some may even argue but the truth remains.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Patrick Ravenbane on Oct 18, 2016 wrote:
Any school including Myth can use a good heal spell. Why are people so worried about spell cards being overpowered. Some may be a little but so what. This is only a fantasy game filled with imaginations. I always say; let KI decide if a spell card is overpowered and make adjustments if need to. If players think spells may be to strong, it's because they are doing the overpowering by adding multiple enhancements including faints to their cards in battle. Some may agree with my post, some may disagree, some may even argue but the truth remains.
Players are thinking about how spells affect the gameplay. That's the truth. We are the ones who ultimately decide whether something is or isn't overpowered. You aren't thinking of other players at all, just your own ease of play. This is a multiplayer game and includes player vs player. So player opinion does matter. These are healing spells, so your opinions about people overpowering spells by enchanting and trapping has no place in the discussion. That truth remains. If you can't see how giving a heal that is as powerful as Storm's Tempest attack to Myth at 30th level is overpowered in every way you really haven't played the game much.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Patrick Ravenbane on Oct 18, 2016 wrote:
People care because it affects Pvp and their enjoyment of the game.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
seethe42 on Jul 20, 2016 wrote:
Myth isn't a healer. These are overpowered. The last one especially. First of all, a Myth healing spell is not highly needed. Giving Myth a heal all, spammable X spell at level 30 is just way too much.
Storm wasn't a healer either and yet they are given healing current. Healing current either heals a crazy amount or a small amount, a simular spell like this should be added for myth so they aren't too buffed up.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
seethe42 on Oct 18, 2016 wrote:
Players are thinking about how spells affect the gameplay. That's the truth. We are the ones who ultimately decide whether something is or isn't overpowered. You aren't thinking of other players at all, just your own ease of play. This is a multiplayer game and includes player vs player. So player opinion does matter. These are healing spells, so your opinions about people overpowering spells by enchanting and trapping has no place in the discussion. That truth remains. If you can't see how giving a heal that is as powerful as Storm's Tempest attack to Myth at 30th level is overpowered in every way you really haven't played the game much.
That's not true at all; you're so wrong about me. 1. I do think about other players and go by the majority of their interests according to what I heard from them for PvE not just PvP. Perhaps you're not thinking about others and their interests for a more enjoyable game, it's what you desire for yourself. I can be wrong but it seems that way. 2. Yes, I been playing this game everyday for 6 year with other players so I'm well aware of how this game works and the strategy people use. 3. I never said anything about a heal spell as strong as Tempest to Myth at level 30 is not overpowered and I never said player's opinion doesn't matter. 4. What I said in my last post about how people overpowering their own spells is a fact not an opinion. I added that discussion in because the word "overpowered" was brought up every time when someone has a spell idea. Some of them are good ones as an optional spell and blends right in with the other schools . So in a way that does tie in to this subject. 5. KI does listen and give us credit for our ideas and make adjustments if needed. But again,they make the final decision if spells are overpowered or not based on the majority of players coming together sharing the same ideas not just a few or several because everyone has different opinions. So it's your opinion that has no place in this discussion. Therefore your argument is invalid. Please read my first post again so you don't jump to conclusion about me and what you think I said. Again, I stand correct in my last post and this one as well and I'm not going to repeat myself.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Patrick Ravenbane on Oct 19, 2016 wrote:
That's not true at all; you're so wrong about me. 1. I do think about other players and go by the majority of their interests according to what I heard from them for PvE not just PvP. Perhaps you're not thinking about others and their interests for a more enjoyable game, it's what you desire for yourself. I can be wrong but it seems that way. 2. Yes, I been playing this game everyday for 6 year with other players so I'm well aware of how this game works and the strategy people use. 3. I never said anything about a heal spell as strong as Tempest to Myth at level 30 is not overpowered and I never said player's opinion doesn't matter. 4. What I said in my last post about how people overpowering their own spells is a fact not an opinion. I added that discussion in because the word "overpowered" was brought up every time when someone has a spell idea. Some of them are good ones as an optional spell and blends right in with the other schools . So in a way that does tie in to this subject. 5. KI does listen and give us credit for our ideas and make adjustments if needed. But again,they make the final decision if spells are overpowered or not based on the majority of players coming together sharing the same ideas not just a few or several because everyone has different opinions. So it's your opinion that has no place in this discussion. Therefore your argument is invalid. Please read my first post again so you don't jump to conclusion about me and what you think I said. Again, I stand correct in my last post and this one as well and I'm not going to repeat myself.
1. You aren't showing it because you constantly repeat your opinion that everything should be easier for you without having to be bothered with actually using the spells given. 2. see 1. 3. You aren't following this thread then because that's one of the spells proposed and you are complaining about people saying it's overpowered and saying that KI should decide, NOT players. 4. Your opinion will never be fact no matter how many times you claim that it is. It's not opinion that it has no place in this discussion. It has absolutely nothing to do with healing spells. That it what this thread is about.
Please read your own posts again and think before you reply. You keep contradicting yourself. You keep telling everyone to read your posts again. Take your own advice and read your posts before you post them. I will repeat myself because you keep forcing it.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
The Weather Man on Jul 19, 2016 wrote:
Here are my ideas of the highly needed myth healing spells:

Cyclops Blessings - 3 pips - 300 and +20%
***Earned by talking to Romulus in Unicorn Way for the first Aquila quest

Healing Minotaur - 5 pip - 550 and +15% to next spell
***Earned by defeating Cyrus Drake when training for Dragonspyre

King Artorious' Grace - 8 pip - 25 and 1200 over 3 rounds and +10% armor piercing to next spell
***Earned by talking to Cyrus Drake after you beat Avalon

Zeus' Ball of Healing - X pip - 80 per pip to all allies
***Earned by beating Zeus in the first Aquila quest
I like all these ideas. They may not be engraved in stone but it's a start and will give KI something to work with

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
1. I only play PvE, but while I hate when PvPers get a spell removed or limited because of their complaints: we can't ignore their opinions. The majority of players who've finished Polaris are heavy PvPers, and that's quite a lot of opinions you're essentially disregarding.

2. Fair enough.

3. None of us were calling the Myth Fairy idea OP, but we were calling the original ideas OP. How would you feel if you were about to defeat an enemy, but they used one of the first two ideas? Probably not too bad, but likely annoyed if you weren't ready to overkill them. The third is relatively balanced IMO, but it still gives Myth an extra Artorius spell, and (besides Dryad) the strongest heal in-game (I think). Then the last idea, which most of us called out has the same effect as Tempest (80 per pip to all) but for health. Due to your position on spells being OP not really mattering, you just gave Myth the best heal in-game; again. You tried to take a neutral stance, but we all interpreted it as defending the original post.

4. People don't overpower their own spells, not often at least. If you're a high enough level to have learnt enchantments, then you deserve to be able to increase the damage on your earlier spells. But adding a Radical to that Tempest would overpower an already OP spell. Granted, an epic Tempest with a lot of pips is OP, but only if you can't retort with the same. OP is brought up a lot, because so many ideas proposed are OP and not very well-thought-out. Not all, of course, but I know I've made some OP suggestions in the past and I got (rightfully) called out on it.

5. KI makes the final decision, yes, but if 2/3 or 3/4 players think a spell is OP and shouldn't be in-game then I doubt KI would release it. Supply and demand, KI relies on the players for ideas and opinions like we rely on them for content. Also, all opinions deserve to be heard, none are invalid. Also, you pretty much just repeated yourself.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
1. I don't do PvP but it cannot be ignored as a part of the game as you apparently do. Giving overpowered spells to make PvE a cakewalk doesn't really serve to improve the game for anyone.
2. If I'm wrong I apologize, but you keep repeating yourself in your desire to make the game easier and devoid of using the tools given. We have loads of ways to buff our spells without making base spells ridiculously powered just to avoid buffing.
3. The final spell proposed in the OP is exactly what I said and it came across as you defending it because that's the main spell that everyone has said is overpowered.
4. It's not a fact that people overpower spells. That is very much an opinion and not one that seems to be shared by many. People use the tools available that you choose not to use.
5. Ki of course makes the final decision, but KI is a business. If players stop playing as a result of their decisions to ignore the players, they don't have a business. Player input is valid and discounting everyone that disagrees with you isn't really a valid argument. You come across as thinking that you speak for a silent majority.

Lastly, I have read your posts. Stop telling everyone to reread them. Stating that you are correct doesn't make it so. And repeating yourself then claiming you won't doesn't really change a thing.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Healing is a pretty important part of this game. A school's ability to heal is pretty important. Let's look at who gets what heals:

Life: Uncontested winners in this category. Best heals in the game, plus decent absorbs.

Balance: Helping Hands and Availing Hands. Decent enough heals, but can be stolen, and target may end up defeated before the heal is finished.

Death: Drains. Incredible self-healing, plus decent damage prevention and healing of others.

Storm: Healing current. Potentially very nice, but extremely random.

Fire: Link. Very weak self-heal. Mainly useful for throwing off negative healing charms while removing enemy shields.

Ice: No heals, but may steal heal over time, and has the best absorb in the game. Ready access to universal shields.

Myth: As others have mentioned, poor defense and requires a pet to heal with in-school spells. Athena grants a somewhat weak universal shield. Stuns may prevent some damage.

The minion focus that Myth has is useless in a full group, and requires a lot of cards and actions relative to other schools. It'd be nice to throw Myth a bone, here. Maybe change some of the advanced minion spells for Myth to sacrifice the current minion for a heal when cast?

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
in one of my posts... i made a myth heal... transmutation.... take 100 damage, and swap health with a target..... based of DBZ Captain Ginyu Body Swap...

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
I think at some point all schools should get some sort of minor healing spell. Especially as the level cap continues to rise. However if this does ever happen ice needs to be last on the list with their exceptional health. If this game is still running in two more years some wizards (ice likely being the first) will be hitting the 10k health mark. I don't see it as unreasonable for wizards with that much health to be able to heal themselves without using spells outside of their school.

Should they be as good as life? No, of course not, but hypothetically if you were a wizard and you were battling monsters wouldn't you seek a way to harness your magical powers to heal yourself?

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
For the record I only have one prodigious wizard.

Life.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
The only school that should get an X-pip heal is life. KI will have to ban me from the boards i'd be on here ranting so much. So while I agree with the OP about myth getting a heal, my personal opinion is the original spells suggested are a bit too much. The fairy stun block does sound nice however.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
camahawk on Oct 20, 2016 wrote:
in one of my posts... i made a myth heal... transmutation.... take 100 damage, and swap health with a target..... based of DBZ Captain Ginyu Body Swap...
It's neat to see new spells and concepts such as this. I can see this spell having an unintended effect on PvE game balance, though, since bosses tend to have far more health (99,999 is the highest I know of) than wizards. Maybe this spell should be limited to only work on non-Boss enemies?