Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My Ideas On Joint Developer and Community Livestreams

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2016
Currently in Wizard101 the developers have great interactions with the community. There's KI Live, Ratbeard's streams, developers joining Beastmoon etc. However, I have a couple of ideas on how this could be furthered to increase community interaction between ourselves and also with the developers.

Dev vs Streamer PvP tournaments:
I myself do not play PvP yet, but I do watch some content creators live on Twitch. My idea is that the developers could host a tournament where they invite the larger content creators to play against either themselves or the developers. If this was hosted on the KI Twitch channel and had either a developer or one of the streamers hosting, I believe it would attract many views and entice new players to try elements of the game they had not tried before. Furthermore, if these sort of livestreams were already underway before mobile/console release, the audience they could reach would be even greater and would be an interesting event for a whole new influx of players to see and draw them into the more complex aspects of the game. This could also be a great opportunity for smaller content creators to get their name out there and join the tournaments, amplifying their following.

Dev PvE Events:
The developers could set unique challenges on certain already difficult bosses in the game, such as set a gear limitation (eg. No crowns gear, no waterworks/ darkmoor gear) and host a stream where we watch multiple content creators solo bosses at a certain level with these restrictions and then all vote on who we think did it best/in the most unique way, or just watch and see who can complete the challenge. Another idea could be the developers creating a completely new boss with very gimmicky cheats, opening it up to content creators and we watch them solo it blind on stream. These would be the perfect opportunities to invite the content creators to host the stream for a while and explain gear setups/ tactics etc as they complete the challenges.

Guilds:
Should guilds be added to the game, I am sure the competitive scene will see a boost as like-minded players come together and create guilds based on what they enjoy most. If guilds do become a feature, the livestreams could showcase some of the “best guilds” facing off against each other in certain areas.

I will admit I have ripped off some ideas from the Clash of Clans live streams hosted by Supercell as they have fantastic community involvement and communication with content creators, furthered by their livestreams of friendly war matches and their competitive league scene. During these streams there have been times where we have seen developer servers with mechanics not in the live game, and I am sure the Wizard101 developers could do something similar to this where we can see unused features. In my opinion, events such as this would further increase the already great communication we as the community have with the developers, whilst creating opportunities for the developers to showcase some mechanics they have been unable to add thus far. If anyone has any further ideas please let me know as I think this could be a fantastic opportunity for our community.