Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mutes why are they still here?

1
AuthorMessage
Defender
May 30, 2010
139
So most of know that mutes or people who can only used menu chats are downing in these years. Of course we still see them but only maybe one or two for every few days. But the world have more stagies and people need to talk to each other
So I am proposing that we get rid of mutes all together. Ok I know parents of young children would not like that but I will replace it with one of two things.
1. Filed chat in more that will only affect the under 18 people. Make unable to say numbers like one, two, three... or if fake numbers like ate and too in front normal words
Or
2.Have the child not be able to play unless she or he has a parent or older brother or sister (has to be 13 or older). So the child and the family will have to make a family account where more than one person can play. If the child try to get on without an older person, it will put he or her back to the menu

I know some people are going hate this and some are going love but if KI continues to make harder boss like everyone must get in the battle at the same time then we need to talk to each other. Also bosses in darkmoore and other hard bosses has cheats like you can not heal or something else crazy like that and if you have a mute he or she might not get that they are not suppose to heal until that boss is dead

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
420
Things like planning the strategy for the next round do become troublesome. Perhaps we need more menu chat options to ask questions ahead of time.

"I need blades next round"
"Blade me next"
"Attack next"

Things like that perhaps.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Genevieve HexPyre 100+ PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Khrysalis)

Geographer
Mar 16, 2012
857
God life wizard on May 4, 2017 wrote:
So most of know that mutes or people who can only used menu chats are downing in these years. Of course we still see them but only maybe one or two for every few days. But the world have more stagies and people need to talk to each other
So I am proposing that we get rid of mutes all together. Ok I know parents of young children would not like that but I will replace it with one of two things.
1. Filed chat in more that will only affect the under 18 people. Make unable to say numbers like one, two, three... or if fake numbers like ate and too in front normal words
Or
2.Have the child not be able to play unless she or he has a parent or older brother or sister (has to be 13 or older). So the child and the family will have to make a family account where more than one person can play. If the child try to get on without an older person, it will put he or her back to the menu

I know some people are going hate this and some are going love but if KI continues to make harder boss like everyone must get in the battle at the same time then we need to talk to each other. Also bosses in darkmoore and other hard bosses has cheats like you can not heal or something else crazy like that and if you have a mute he or she might not get that they are not suppose to heal until that boss is dead
You can use the Battle Chat menu to give basic suggestions to a "mute" ( really I hate that term, it's almost as rude as "noob". )
Be aware though, that they have their own opinions as to strategy. If they're max level, how do you suppose they achieved that, by being clueless?

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1443
So your solution to not being able to chat with someone is to ban them from the game completely?

That does not seem fair somehow.

If they did something serious enough for a ban, wouldn't they already be banned by KI?

Trust me I know it's frustrating or inconvenient at times, if the other player only has menu chat.

But like you said some are kids and I think you might have also forgotten other reasons. Some could have English as a second language. Some could be differently abled and find it easier to choose menu than to type in chat. Some might be extremely shy and wish to discourage chit-chat. Some might be on punishment and if so they can still read what you type. They just can't type back.

Others started playing so young that they can't ever get typed chat.

People can still choose battle orders from the menu. You can also look to see what they are going to do in each round if you have your own settings set up like that.

There isn't sufficient basis to ban people just because they are 'mute' and when I hear disparaging things just because someone is 'mute' it has an eerie echo of the way some people have historically been treated (even by law) who could not speak.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2179
God life wizard on May 4, 2017 wrote:
So most of know that mutes or people who can only used menu chats are downing in these years. Of course we still see them but only maybe one or two for every few days. But the world have more stagies and people need to talk to each other
So I am proposing that we get rid of mutes all together. Ok I know parents of young children would not like that but I will replace it with one of two things.
1. Filed chat in more that will only affect the under 18 people. Make unable to say numbers like one, two, three... or if fake numbers like ate and too in front normal words
Or
2.Have the child not be able to play unless she or he has a parent or older brother or sister (has to be 13 or older). So the child and the family will have to make a family account where more than one person can play. If the child try to get on without an older person, it will put he or her back to the menu

I know some people are going hate this and some are going love but if KI continues to make harder boss like everyone must get in the battle at the same time then we need to talk to each other. Also bosses in darkmoore and other hard bosses has cheats like you can not heal or something else crazy like that and if you have a mute he or she might not get that they are not suppose to heal until that boss is dead
This game is designed for families with kids 10+. KI set up options for various forms. of chat so that Parents could set the chat options for their kids. In some cases, parents do play with their kids but not always. At least the parents who let their kids play alone know where they are and what they are seeing/hearing as far as chat.

Preventing kids under 13 from playing alone isn't a good idea. Changing the chat filters isn't going to make much difference since most can find ways around them.

As a parent/grandparent, I find this to be a bit discriminating. As I said, the chat options are there for parents to control. It is THEIR choice, not yours to determine what they can or can't do.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
1013
There are 2 different things you are talking about here:

1. menu chat players, those under 13 who can not get text or open chat
2. muted players, who can not use text or open chat because they broke some rule, they can HOWEVER read your chat if that helps you to direct them.

Now not allowing kids to play alone because they are under 13 and can not chat is just a ridiculous idea honestly, that is the entire reason menu chat only is an option parents can choose for their kids.

Conversely, allowing "muted" players to chat would defeat the entire purpose of the mute in the first place, which was most likely because they were abusive in chat to other players.

I get the feeling you are one of these muted players to even be asking this. Anyone who can not be decent to other players honestly deserves what they get even if it is a 10 year mute.

Defender
May 30, 2010
139
SparkleTude on May 5, 2017 wrote:
So your solution to not being able to chat with someone is to ban them from the game completely?

That does not seem fair somehow.

If they did something serious enough for a ban, wouldn't they already be banned by KI?

Trust me I know it's frustrating or inconvenient at times, if the other player only has menu chat.

But like you said some are kids and I think you might have also forgotten other reasons. Some could have English as a second language. Some could be differently abled and find it easier to choose menu than to type in chat. Some might be extremely shy and wish to discourage chit-chat. Some might be on punishment and if so they can still read what you type. They just can't type back.

Others started playing so young that they can't ever get typed chat.

People can still choose battle orders from the menu. You can also look to see what they are going to do in each round if you have your own settings set up like that.

There isn't sufficient basis to ban people just because they are 'mute' and when I hear disparaging things just because someone is 'mute' it has an eerie echo of the way some people have historically been treated (even by law) who could not speak.
I did not say ban them. Please quote where I would ban someone.
I say to do one of two things.
Either have super filed chat(where it is impossible to say certain things) or if they are so young have them play with a parent or older brother or sister.
Or maybe if do both since little kids could say anything.

Second I believe menu chat people can post on the form. So their voices can be heard if they want to be.
Third, I will spend hours no chat to anybody since I like to quest alone expect for a boss or something
Please note that I am not trying to ban menu chat but I believe it to get rid of the menu chat as in KI should remove menu chat as an option in the future

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1443
anecorbie on May 5, 2017 wrote:
You can use the Battle Chat menu to give basic suggestions to a "mute" ( really I hate that term, it's almost as rude as "noob". )
Be aware though, that they have their own opinions as to strategy. If they're max level, how do you suppose they achieved that, by being clueless?
'be aware they have their own opinions as to strategy...if they're max level how do you suppose they achieved that'

Thank you. Exactly.

I wanna scratch my head when someone who is a brand new player calls for a team up and then gives battle orders to people who donated their personal time to help. If someone is a level 100 or a level 75 they don't need to hear "Everybody! Attack the minion" when the players have a spell that can wipe out the entire enemy team in one hit.

I did get a chuckle out of it though when one time I killed the boss in one hit in the first round, and one of the new players chose from menu chat, "Hurry!" I couldn't resist asking "how much faster?" Lol sigh.

I think some players feel the menu chat battle orders are part of roleplay or something but really in many cases they are not necessary. The other players probably know how to play.
If the team is in a really high level dungeon with a tricky cheating group of enemies then it could be necessary to coordinate but even then...you can pretty much figure out the way people play pretty quickly, in addition to seeing their next move visually in each round.

Also, I think it's bad form (JMO) for anyone who isn't in the first circle in a battle to shout orders. You're not the captain. If anyone is, it's the person in the first circle.

Geographer
Mar 16, 2012
857
God life wizard on May 5, 2017 wrote:
I did not say ban them. Please quote where I would ban someone.
I say to do one of two things.
Either have super filed chat(where it is impossible to say certain things) or if they are so young have them play with a parent or older brother or sister.
Or maybe if do both since little kids could say anything.

Second I believe menu chat people can post on the form. So their voices can be heard if they want to be.
Third, I will spend hours no chat to anybody since I like to quest alone expect for a boss or something
Please note that I am not trying to ban menu chat but I believe it to get rid of the menu chat as in KI should remove menu chat as an option in the future
1. Making it a condition that they must play with parent/guardian or old sibling present is kind of restricting and how is KI supposed to police that?
2. Getting rid of Menu Chat as an option and only allowing filtered chat will expose children younger than 13 to all sorts of disturbing talk. Many parents would become uncomfortable with such a decision.
It's best to leave Menu Chat as it is; as a protection from nasty texting or as a punishment to those who break chat rules.

Geographer
Mar 16, 2012
857
Jasmine3429 on May 5, 2017 wrote:
There are 2 different things you are talking about here:

1. menu chat players, those under 13 who can not get text or open chat
2. muted players, who can not use text or open chat because they broke some rule, they can HOWEVER read your chat if that helps you to direct them.

Now not allowing kids to play alone because they are under 13 and can not chat is just a ridiculous idea honestly, that is the entire reason menu chat only is an option parents can choose for their kids.

Conversely, allowing "muted" players to chat would defeat the entire purpose of the mute in the first place, which was most likely because they were abusive in chat to other players.

I get the feeling you are one of these muted players to even be asking this. Anyone who can not be decent to other players honestly deserves what they get even if it is a 10 year mute.
Please, just because a poster is against Menu Chat doesn't mean that they must be a punished "mute". This is the only statement in an otherwise good reply that I object to.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1443
God life wizard on May 5, 2017 wrote:
I did not say ban them. Please quote where I would ban someone.
I say to do one of two things.
Either have super filed chat(where it is impossible to say certain things) or if they are so young have them play with a parent or older brother or sister.
Or maybe if do both since little kids could say anything.

Second I believe menu chat people can post on the form. So their voices can be heard if they want to be.
Third, I will spend hours no chat to anybody since I like to quest alone expect for a boss or something
Please note that I am not trying to ban menu chat but I believe it to get rid of the menu chat as in KI should remove menu chat as an option in the future
"Please quote where I would ban someone"
OK?

The title of your topic is "mutes why are they still here"

Your original post says among other things: "So I am proposing that we get rid of mutes all together."

Was there a subtle meaning I missed?

Also as I and anecorbie pointed out the word "mute" has a negative connotation from real life, it is a slur and probably shouldn't be casually used in reference to other players, but for sure, not used in a negative topic toward other players.

JMO

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1443
God life wizard on May 5, 2017 wrote:
I did not say ban them. Please quote where I would ban someone.
I say to do one of two things.
Either have super filed chat(where it is impossible to say certain things) or if they are so young have them play with a parent or older brother or sister.
Or maybe if do both since little kids could say anything.

Second I believe menu chat people can post on the form. So their voices can be heard if they want to be.
Third, I will spend hours no chat to anybody since I like to quest alone expect for a boss or something
Please note that I am not trying to ban menu chat but I believe it to get rid of the menu chat as in KI should remove menu chat as an option in the future
OK as to the rest of your post --

First, without being mean, please note that your grammar or syntax make your posts difficult to understand.

It's "altogether," not "all together."

I have no idea what "super filed chat" means.

We already have chat where it's impossible to say certain things.

There is no way to implement your idea that a player be made to play only if they have an adult or "older brother or sister" at the keyboard with them. There is no way to prove who is at the keyboard and no game can mandate what a player's family member does.

Your assertion that "menu chat people" can be heard on the forum so that's enough, doesn't address your original topic of problems during battle, at all. So I'm unclear how that applies.

I don't know what "I will spend hours no chat to anybody" means.

Your idea in this quoted post of "get rid of the menu chat" and "remove menu chat as an option in the future" would make communication even more difficult.

How would a player who cannot type or isn't allowed to type, communicate at all if KI removed menu chat completely?

I'm very puzzled at the thought process in the topic, but forgive me for mistaking your OP of getting rid of "muted" players completely, to mean ban them.

But I still have no clue what you *are* saying. Sorry.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
178
Just so everyone knows, you can tell whether someone has been muted because they broke the rules or if they are simply a menu chat person by looking at their names. Muted people either have a chat bubble or no chat bubble next to their name depending on whether they had open chat or filtered chat before they were muted. Menu chat players have a chat bubble with a red cancel sign over it. The reason this is important is because menu chat players can't read what you write so it does no good to try to explain something to them through regular chat. Muted players can still read, they just can't type.

I agree something needs to be done about menu chat only players because in a game that depends on team play, they are really left out. Either their chat system needs to be revised to allow more things to be said or something because the way it is now, it's really hard to communicate to them without sounding rude or even making sense especially in battle chat.

@Sparkletude I've never heard of the first person in the battle circle being the captain and generally I object to anyone arbitrarily giving orders for the rest of the entire team but is this first person as captain a widely accepted rule? I suppose it would make sense why some people want to run in first very quickly.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4162
SparkleTude on May 5, 2017 wrote:
'be aware they have their own opinions as to strategy...if they're max level how do you suppose they achieved that'

Thank you. Exactly.

I wanna scratch my head when someone who is a brand new player calls for a team up and then gives battle orders to people who donated their personal time to help. If someone is a level 100 or a level 75 they don't need to hear "Everybody! Attack the minion" when the players have a spell that can wipe out the entire enemy team in one hit.

I did get a chuckle out of it though when one time I killed the boss in one hit in the first round, and one of the new players chose from menu chat, "Hurry!" I couldn't resist asking "how much faster?" Lol sigh.

I think some players feel the menu chat battle orders are part of roleplay or something but really in many cases they are not necessary. The other players probably know how to play.
If the team is in a really high level dungeon with a tricky cheating group of enemies then it could be necessary to coordinate but even then...you can pretty much figure out the way people play pretty quickly, in addition to seeing their next move visually in each round.

Also, I think it's bad form (JMO) for anyone who isn't in the first circle in a battle to shout orders. You're not the captain. If anyone is, it's the person in the first circle.
My favorite is when I get battle orders from a level 10 while farming Loremaster on one of max wizards.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1035
SparkleTude on May 5, 2017 wrote:
'be aware they have their own opinions as to strategy...if they're max level how do you suppose they achieved that'

Thank you. Exactly.

I wanna scratch my head when someone who is a brand new player calls for a team up and then gives battle orders to people who donated their personal time to help. If someone is a level 100 or a level 75 they don't need to hear "Everybody! Attack the minion" when the players have a spell that can wipe out the entire enemy team in one hit.

I did get a chuckle out of it though when one time I killed the boss in one hit in the first round, and one of the new players chose from menu chat, "Hurry!" I couldn't resist asking "how much faster?" Lol sigh.

I think some players feel the menu chat battle orders are part of roleplay or something but really in many cases they are not necessary. The other players probably know how to play.
If the team is in a really high level dungeon with a tricky cheating group of enemies then it could be necessary to coordinate but even then...you can pretty much figure out the way people play pretty quickly, in addition to seeing their next move visually in each round.

Also, I think it's bad form (JMO) for anyone who isn't in the first circle in a battle to shout orders. You're not the captain. If anyone is, it's the person in the first circle.
I love it when people message me for help on battle I've fought from the previous worlds and then telling me how to fight. So I'm sitting here scratching my head thinking; wait a minute, this guy called me for help who's much lower level then I am and he is giving me survival battle instructions. lol

Geographer
Mar 16, 2012
857
seethe42 on May 6, 2017 wrote:
My favorite is when I get battle orders from a level 10 while farming Loremaster on one of max wizards.
That is worth a giggle, but, what if that level 10 player also has a max level? I suppose he/she was there in the hope of getting a spell for that wizard.
This has happened to me in Pirate101 where a level 9 was with us in the Tower of Moo Manchu ( level 58+ content ) and made a demand to us not to use Doubloons.

Geographer
Mar 16, 2012
857
SparkleTude on May 6, 2017 wrote:
"Please quote where I would ban someone"
OK?

The title of your topic is "mutes why are they still here"

Your original post says among other things: "So I am proposing that we get rid of mutes all together."

Was there a subtle meaning I missed?

Also as I and anecorbie pointed out the word "mute" has a negative connotation from real life, it is a slur and probably shouldn't be casually used in reference to other players, but for sure, not used in a negative topic toward other players.

JMO
At least they're not using the term "deaf & dumb" ( and if I EVER see anyone use it, I'll be reporting! )

Defender
May 30, 2010
139
Moira Stormheart on May 6, 2017 wrote:
Just so everyone knows, you can tell whether someone has been muted because they broke the rules or if they are simply a menu chat person by looking at their names. Muted people either have a chat bubble or no chat bubble next to their name depending on whether they had open chat or filtered chat before they were muted. Menu chat players have a chat bubble with a red cancel sign over it. The reason this is important is because menu chat players can't read what you write so it does no good to try to explain something to them through regular chat. Muted players can still read, they just can't type.

I agree something needs to be done about menu chat only players because in a game that depends on team play, they are really left out. Either their chat system needs to be revised to allow more things to be said or something because the way it is now, it's really hard to communicate to them without sounding rude or even making sense especially in battle chat.

@Sparkletude I've never heard of the first person in the battle circle being the captain and generally I object to anyone arbitrarily giving orders for the rest of the entire team but is this first person as captain a widely accepted rule? I suppose it would make sense why some people want to run in first very quickly.
I thought the muted players were the menu players that what most of my friends called them so I see how I confused people. For the all part, I was talking about menu players not muted players. I also have another solution.
Do what Club Penguin(as it down) did and what Club Penguin Rewritten is continuing . If you know about CP and CPR, they just have open chat but a lot of words are ban. This is why people try to still get ban on CPR
Have a 24 ban if someone who does not have open chat when they say a bad or dangerous word.
Please do not say it will not work. CP had 200 million users and handled very well for the most.
Or have motiers for the most part in the commons, shopping distant, old town, and a few other areas in Wizard city since that where most people talking about stuff but the other worlds will not have less motior just since the other worlds are pay for.
A few rules before you become a motiers
1.Has to take a test (a short test about good things)
2. Has to be adove 18 years old and have open chat (take out some of the trolls)
3.Must be at least made your first wizard 5 years ago (take out all of the newer people)
4.Has scheleded time to patol certain areas (Most in wizard city)
5.Other worlds would be motiered by motier during anytime as long as they want
6.If the motier mistakly ban 2 people then she or he will not remove from the motiered scheleded
7.She or he can rejoin if they retake the test but can only take up to 3 times before they can not join again
8.You have give KI your email that you can going to use so they know to remove you for the list if you do number 6 too much and to give you the scheled of that week
9. You tell KI when you are avaliable as some 18 years and up have jobs and schools and scheled might get bad.
I know I did a bad thing for called the menu chat as muted chat. I just thought they were the same thing

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1443
Moira Stormheart on May 6, 2017 wrote:
Just so everyone knows, you can tell whether someone has been muted because they broke the rules or if they are simply a menu chat person by looking at their names. Muted people either have a chat bubble or no chat bubble next to their name depending on whether they had open chat or filtered chat before they were muted. Menu chat players have a chat bubble with a red cancel sign over it. The reason this is important is because menu chat players can't read what you write so it does no good to try to explain something to them through regular chat. Muted players can still read, they just can't type.

I agree something needs to be done about menu chat only players because in a game that depends on team play, they are really left out. Either their chat system needs to be revised to allow more things to be said or something because the way it is now, it's really hard to communicate to them without sounding rude or even making sense especially in battle chat.

@Sparkletude I've never heard of the first person in the battle circle being the captain and generally I object to anyone arbitrarily giving orders for the rest of the entire team but is this first person as captain a widely accepted rule? I suppose it would make sense why some people want to run in first very quickly.
Are you sure on the icon differences among the menu chat players? I answered a team up request about a week ago (IIRC) for an unknown person. It was a longer dungeon (instance?) When I got there, I saw the person had a speech bubble with a line through it. They understood everything I typed and they answered via menu chat.

The dungeon went very smoothly and they also were polite and thanked me and all of that.

So, I had no trouble communicating with the person despite their use of menu chat. And they could read my text. I could 'swear' they had a line through their speech bubble.

Anyway in the speed of battle it would probably be impractical (to me) to check all of that or even remember all of that, on how to tell if they can see text or not. Easiest way to find out is simply to type and ask them "Can you read text" or just type something and if they reply, they've read it.

As for your question: I think it's more of an unspoken 'rule' or an etiquette thing. The reason I phrased it as "if anyone is," is because I'm not sure there is, or should be, a captain unless the group has elected one player to lead. That sometimes happens if one player has been through the dungeon before, etc. But *if* anyone is, it would be the person in first circle. The reason for that is that it's much easier for there to be some type of order in the battle. If everyone watches what the first person chooses and goes from there, it makes more sense imo because it avoids redundant choices and wasted turns.
The order of hits goes from 1st through 4th. So there's a natural hierarchy imo.

Sometimes the person in 3rd or 4th circle chooses a spell that will wipe them all out before the person in 1st has chosen -- in which case I personally feel it's a bit of bad form. It's a bit 'greedy' maybe. But in the end it doesn't really matter. If it's a team up the point is to help the person who asked for a team up.

Team ups could be a topic in themselves as far as etiquette, funny stories, etc.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1443
anecorbie on May 6, 2017 wrote:
That is worth a giggle, but, what if that level 10 player also has a max level? I suppose he/she was there in the hope of getting a spell for that wizard.
This has happened to me in Pirate101 where a level 9 was with us in the Tower of Moo Manchu ( level 58+ content ) and made a demand to us not to use Doubloons.
This is a good point.

Sometimes I ask if the person has done the dungeon before. Other times I can tell they are new maybe it's little things that give it away. So you're right it could be someone who's done the dungeon before. Do you feel it's still bad form for them to sort of command the person who answered their call for help? I kinda do. Depends on the tone maybe.

I do think it's ok and even good, for players to confer on strategy, if it's a longer dungeon, or higher level battle, before they begin. Not all players like to.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1443
Patrick Ravenbane on May 6, 2017 wrote:
I love it when people message me for help on battle I've fought from the previous worlds and then telling me how to fight. So I'm sitting here scratching my head thinking; wait a minute, this guy called me for help who's much lower level then I am and he is giving me survival battle instructions. lol
Yes. Lol

One way to tell is the instructions are random or make no sense. Or they might even be counter productive i.e. the thing that sets off the boss cheat.

Geographer
Mar 16, 2012
857
SparkleTude on May 7, 2017 wrote:
Are you sure on the icon differences among the menu chat players? I answered a team up request about a week ago (IIRC) for an unknown person. It was a longer dungeon (instance?) When I got there, I saw the person had a speech bubble with a line through it. They understood everything I typed and they answered via menu chat.

The dungeon went very smoothly and they also were polite and thanked me and all of that.

So, I had no trouble communicating with the person despite their use of menu chat. And they could read my text. I could 'swear' they had a line through their speech bubble.

Anyway in the speed of battle it would probably be impractical (to me) to check all of that or even remember all of that, on how to tell if they can see text or not. Easiest way to find out is simply to type and ask them "Can you read text" or just type something and if they reply, they've read it.

As for your question: I think it's more of an unspoken 'rule' or an etiquette thing. The reason I phrased it as "if anyone is," is because I'm not sure there is, or should be, a captain unless the group has elected one player to lead. That sometimes happens if one player has been through the dungeon before, etc. But *if* anyone is, it would be the person in first circle. The reason for that is that it's much easier for there to be some type of order in the battle. If everyone watches what the first person chooses and goes from there, it makes more sense imo because it avoids redundant choices and wasted turns.
The order of hits goes from 1st through 4th. So there's a natural hierarchy imo.

Sometimes the person in 3rd or 4th circle chooses a spell that will wipe them all out before the person in 1st has chosen -- in which case I personally feel it's a bit of bad form. It's a bit 'greedy' maybe. But in the end it doesn't really matter. If it's a team up the point is to help the person who asked for a team up.

Team ups could be a topic in themselves as far as etiquette, funny stories, etc.
Team up etiquette would be an excellent topic! Please, please start one.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2179
God life wizard on May 7, 2017 wrote:
I thought the muted players were the menu players that what most of my friends called them so I see how I confused people. For the all part, I was talking about menu players not muted players. I also have another solution.
Do what Club Penguin(as it down) did and what Club Penguin Rewritten is continuing . If you know about CP and CPR, they just have open chat but a lot of words are ban. This is why people try to still get ban on CPR
Have a 24 ban if someone who does not have open chat when they say a bad or dangerous word.
Please do not say it will not work. CP had 200 million users and handled very well for the most.
Or have motiers for the most part in the commons, shopping distant, old town, and a few other areas in Wizard city since that where most people talking about stuff but the other worlds will not have less motior just since the other worlds are pay for.
A few rules before you become a motiers
1.Has to take a test (a short test about good things)
2. Has to be adove 18 years old and have open chat (take out some of the trolls)
3.Must be at least made your first wizard 5 years ago (take out all of the newer people)
4.Has scheleded time to patol certain areas (Most in wizard city)
5.Other worlds would be motiered by motier during anytime as long as they want
6.If the motier mistakly ban 2 people then she or he will not remove from the motiered scheleded
7.She or he can rejoin if they retake the test but can only take up to 3 times before they can not join again
8.You have give KI your email that you can going to use so they know to remove you for the list if you do number 6 too much and to give you the scheled of that week
9. You tell KI when you are avaliable as some 18 years and up have jobs and schools and scheled might get bad.
I know I did a bad thing for called the menu chat as muted chat. I just thought they were the same thing
Wizard101 is not CP or CPR. I do wish players would stop trying to make changes to match that of another game.

There are "Hall Monitors" already in this game and have been for almost 5 years. Just because you don't see them, doesn't mean they are not there. They do monitor the areas that have been the most notorious for foul language.

1. KI chooses who will be a hall monitor by their own specifications.

2. All are adults with open chat. (Trolls are going to be in every game and on every forum) KI determines if and when they have crossed the line.

3. NO one knows who or how long an account has been active except KI.

4. Not everyone can be in the game at a given time so I don't know how KI works with that.

5. There isn't that much of an issue outside of Wizard City.

6. Mistakes happen.

7. Some who have been monitors prefer to not do so again.

8. KI already has email addresses for ALL players so that is irrelevant.

9. KI would know you are available if you are in the game and if you were already a monitor.

Players requested and received a "REPORT" button not long after the game was released. All any member has to do is USE IT.

With approximately 36 Realms in this game with an unknown number of AREAS, it would be impossible for KI to have monitors in each one.

I think KI has done very well with how the system is set up. It doesn't matter what some other gaming company has done or not done. KI is not those companies. Let KI do their own set up.

Last but not least, Yes, there is a difference between menu chat and muted players. It is also up to KI to decide if and when a muted player should be removed from the game, NOT members of the community.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1443
God life wizard on May 7, 2017 wrote:
I thought the muted players were the menu players that what most of my friends called them so I see how I confused people. For the all part, I was talking about menu players not muted players. I also have another solution.
Do what Club Penguin(as it down) did and what Club Penguin Rewritten is continuing . If you know about CP and CPR, they just have open chat but a lot of words are ban. This is why people try to still get ban on CPR
Have a 24 ban if someone who does not have open chat when they say a bad or dangerous word.
Please do not say it will not work. CP had 200 million users and handled very well for the most.
Or have motiers for the most part in the commons, shopping distant, old town, and a few other areas in Wizard city since that where most people talking about stuff but the other worlds will not have less motior just since the other worlds are pay for.
A few rules before you become a motiers
1.Has to take a test (a short test about good things)
2. Has to be adove 18 years old and have open chat (take out some of the trolls)
3.Must be at least made your first wizard 5 years ago (take out all of the newer people)
4.Has scheleded time to patol certain areas (Most in wizard city)
5.Other worlds would be motiered by motier during anytime as long as they want
6.If the motier mistakly ban 2 people then she or he will not remove from the motiered scheleded
7.She or he can rejoin if they retake the test but can only take up to 3 times before they can not join again
8.You have give KI your email that you can going to use so they know to remove you for the list if you do number 6 too much and to give you the scheled of that week
9. You tell KI when you are avaliable as some 18 years and up have jobs and schools and scheled might get bad.
I know I did a bad thing for called the menu chat as muted chat. I just thought they were the same thing
You didn't do a bad thing. It's just an opinion. You have a right as anyone else does.

You mentioned confusion. I think it isn't the concept that is confusing to people as much as the communication. Your posts have many words which do not exist.

And other parts are inscrutable. I'm not sure what "as it down" means in this: "Do what Club Penguin(as it down) "

I don't know what a "motier" is. By the context I think you must mean "monitor." I think KI already has some monitors which stand in the Commons. Others here might know more about that.

I'm not sure what a "short test about good things" would be. I'm not sure how it would be determined that a monitor had "mistakenly banned" anyone. It seems like a lot of KI's time would be taken up, monitoring the monitors.

The part about paid worlds would have fewer monitors: Non paying players still port to those worlds, I think. I see people in Krokotopia very often, who were ported there by others. I've had people roaming around Krok who ask me to get them into different dungeons and bosses there. I helped one guy for a while one day, until he got too demanding and rude. I'm not a trolley. (He also complained a lot, although I devoted my time that day, to him, who I had just met.)

KI already has a report system and a ban system.

As for a 24 hour ban to replace someone being restricted to menu chat: It wouldn't work. Most players have more than one account and more than one wizard. One day not playing on one wizard would mean nothing to them.

Being restricted to menu chat is purposely frustrating. They won't want to misuse open chat again. That seems directed to the actual offense.

I'm still puzzled why there is a need to change things. Not being able to give battle instructions seems low down on the list compared to restructuring the entire system.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
178
SparkleTude on May 7, 2017 wrote:
Are you sure on the icon differences among the menu chat players? I answered a team up request about a week ago (IIRC) for an unknown person. It was a longer dungeon (instance?) When I got there, I saw the person had a speech bubble with a line through it. They understood everything I typed and they answered via menu chat.

The dungeon went very smoothly and they also were polite and thanked me and all of that.

So, I had no trouble communicating with the person despite their use of menu chat. And they could read my text. I could 'swear' they had a line through their speech bubble.

Anyway in the speed of battle it would probably be impractical (to me) to check all of that or even remember all of that, on how to tell if they can see text or not. Easiest way to find out is simply to type and ask them "Can you read text" or just type something and if they reply, they've read it.

As for your question: I think it's more of an unspoken 'rule' or an etiquette thing. The reason I phrased it as "if anyone is," is because I'm not sure there is, or should be, a captain unless the group has elected one player to lead. That sometimes happens if one player has been through the dungeon before, etc. But *if* anyone is, it would be the person in first circle. The reason for that is that it's much easier for there to be some type of order in the battle. If everyone watches what the first person chooses and goes from there, it makes more sense imo because it avoids redundant choices and wasted turns.
The order of hits goes from 1st through 4th. So there's a natural hierarchy imo.

Sometimes the person in 3rd or 4th circle chooses a spell that will wipe them all out before the person in 1st has chosen -- in which case I personally feel it's a bit of bad form. It's a bit 'greedy' maybe. But in the end it doesn't really matter. If it's a team up the point is to help the person who asked for a team up.

Team ups could be a topic in themselves as far as etiquette, funny stories, etc.
I am absolutely sure about the icon differences. I had menu chat only for about a year before I made a purchase and I could not see anything that was typed. The only thing I can think of is they were really good at guessing what you said.

Moira Stormheart

1