Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mount evolution idea

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 10, 2015
I find the idea of buying and dropping mounts kind of lame. I propose that when players buy a mount they get a contract (like a hunting chance) where they would have to battle the mount with either a pet or another mount. Upon beating it to 10% would be able to catch it with mount runes. This would be implemented to all new mounts from this point on.

It would also be cool if this could be applied to exotic pets that you can find in the pure wilds (maybe a side world in the pet pavilion). It would have common rare and legendary tokens. (Applies to both mounts and pets). Common tickets is anything that can be dropped in game. Rare is anything that is crown pets plus normal (no crowns needed). And finally legendary which allows player to catch extinct / exotic mounts and pets not available in crown shop or pack. ((Yellow fire elf, thunder beetle, alpine wolf, ...)) (An only be got tickets with crowns or in gold key bosses past mirage) .

Please note the pets from legendary in my opinion should look different from the normal epic variants. Maybe collar wise or stat wise.

Please no one says its Pokemon because it's not its significantly different in my opinion.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Neat idea.

So about this contract, this means that people who have been farming for hours at a time and finally get a dropped mount or pet, would have to fight it through a contract instead?

What if they lose that battle? No mount/pet?
If they win, there is only 10% chance to get it?
What about this ticket concept. Ideally, everyone is going to have to farm high level dungeons for tickets or have yet another thing to spend on the crown shop.

Just a little confused on how this would thrive in the Spiral. Maybe break down an example of this mount evolution idea?

It is a little related to Pokemon, but it does have it's own concepts attributed to the game, which you clearly stat. Otherwise, seems interesting.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 115+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
No I hate farming I don't want that with my idea. If a pet is legendary it would be captured 100% with a legendary rune same with pets. Let's me explain

Normal rune : 10% to legendary 35% to rare and 100% to normal : dropped in wooden key bosses

Rare rune: 35% to legendary . 100% to both rare and normal : dropped in silver key bosses

Legendary rune : 100% to all / 0% to exotics : dropped from gold key bosses

Exotic rune: only for exotic pets / mounts (extinct pets rather then ultra rare drops from bosses and packs) ((only available in packs or gold key bosses past mirage)) : dropped on King isle unique events only from gold key bosses past mirage.

Not events like Yuletide or holidays but on "Blue moon events" that happen once every 5 years like a aniversoeries of wizard101. This would allow all players to farm all this bosses for what ever the time frame.

Well contract is in the sense that it's another way to "capture pets" pets should still be dropped the pets in the wilds are feral and need to be domesticated ((a player can only train after he owned it for a certain time like a week or a month))

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Ah I see now.

Thanks for the break down!

I'm liking this. Adds a little flare for those who enjoy pet training and "the blue moon event" idea that comes along with it would definitely keep people on their toes when such events come around.

Neat

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 115+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying