Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More training points faster & at lower levels

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 28, 2011
I read somewhere that we get like 1 training point per 4 levels until like level 20 then it's 1 point per every 5 levels. This doesnt seem logical. Maybe 1 point per every 3 levels no matter what. Makes it too difficult to get additional training cards. :(

And what's with the levels that you can redeem your training points? levels 1, 5, 8, 10, then jump to 16 and 22 and higher. geez, it's taking me forever to get the points and levels i need for this stuff.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
No.Just no.

How lazy are you that you can't work hard enough to gain five levels to get a new spell? It is not too difficult; it's called 'sloth'.

And the spells are leveled the way they are so you get them when you're at the appropriate place. You think it's fair for a Journeyman Wizard to run around the Pyramid of Fire weilding the Kraken spell? Not only would this kill the challenge of the game, it would soundly swat away any order or reason left in PVP.

Jack Fireheart Level 60 Pyromancer and Hard Worker

Historian
May 01, 2010
have you noticed that after you get the rank 3 spell, you get a training point right before a major spell?
like my school is fire and second is storm so:
level one: fire cat
lvl 5: fire elf, storm snake or something like that
lvl 8(when i got next point) lightning bats
lvl 10: sunbird
lvl 12: storm shark
lvl 16: fir trap and storm trap
lvl 22: meteor strike and kraken
lvl 26: wildfire and windstorm
lvl 33: phenix and the storm global (forgot what its called)
lvl 42: helephant and stormzilla

they formatted it to be like that so you can train your secondary school as you train your school of focus(i think) there are, for the extras like spirit blade elemental blade etc. the 7 zeke quests (smiths, beetles, cats, oysters, yardbirds, and lounge lizards) can cover those.

if this answered your question, great, if it didnt, sry for wasting your time

Survivor
Nov 07, 2010
Defender
Feb 28, 2011
Superwiz1560 wrote:
No.Just no.

How lazy are you that you can't work hard enough to gain five levels to get a new spell? It is not too difficult; it's called 'sloth'.

And the spells are leveled the way they are so you get them when you're at the appropriate place. You think it's fair for a Journeyman Wizard to run around the Pyramid of Fire weilding the Kraken spell? Not only would this kill the challenge of the game, it would soundly swat away any order or reason left in PVP.

Jack Fireheart Level 60 Pyromancer and Hard Worker

I dont consider it lazy in any way to want the possibility to get spells from more than just 2 schools at a time. I did not consider the issue of the level the spells are placed at, i've been playing this for a week. I'm just finding it hindersome to only be able to have 1 point every 4-5 levels and only be able to get spells for one other school. It would still present a challange to be getting from various schools at different levels, I just think we should have more points to work with that's all. No need to be rude. I'm no where near lazy and I work hard, and help others. I will always stop a quest to help someone in need in a battle. However, I will also make sure they are in need first, as I am well aware that jumping into a battle brings in another enemy and if the player fighting is doing just fine, I wont add aggrivation if they just want to get done with their fight and move on. If someone is low health, or I see a message that someone needs help I port right to the person in need no matter where I am on my quest. So please dont hastily call people lazy when you dont know them.

And thank you for your input.
Taryn

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
slammer111 wrote:
have you noticed that after you get the rank 3 spell, you get a training point right before a major spell?
like my school is fire and second is storm so:
level one: fire cat
lvl 5: fire elf, storm snake or something like that
lvl 8(when i got next point) lightning bats
lvl 10: sunbird
lvl 12: storm shark
lvl 16: fir trap and storm trap
lvl 22: meteor strike and kraken
lvl 26: wildfire and windstorm
lvl 33: phenix and the storm global (forgot what its called)
lvl 42: helephant and stormzilla

they formatted it to be like that so you can train your secondary school as you train your school of focus(i think) there are, for the extras like spirit blade elemental blade etc. the 7 zeke quests (smiths, beetles, cats, oysters, yardbirds, and lounge lizards) can cover those.

if this answered your question, great, if it didnt, sry for wasting your time

Any input is never wasting someones time :) so thanks.
And I hadnt thought of the leveling this way so thanks again. I was just buggin because I hit level 20 and thought oh yes, I can get another spell, but no, have to wait till level 22 :( Then I noticed how they jump to such high levels and thought it odd and worried me more because there are some quests before level 20 that took me forever. I just managed to find all the smiths, and had not thought to note where I found them so when I created second character, I considered not taking that quest. But after repeatedly passing same smiths in areas, some stuck in my mind and had someone help with some others lol. Thanks much for your input. Greatly appreciated to everyone who submits input.

I have other suggestions in the dorm area, would love to hear feedback on them also. Thanks.

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
Gler88 wrote:
How about an "I Win" button?

lol if only :)

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
If you are new to the game, you might find it helpful to visit the fansites that give guides and lists of quests and things for each world and area.

One example would be for Zeke's quests in each world (finding the smiths, finding the beetles, etc.).

The fansite at Wizard101Central.com is my favorite. Check this out for starters:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34&highlight=zeke

And also at the tab on the left side of this page, under Community News, you will find other fansite info worth checking out.

Have fun and have a very magical day ! :D