Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More people in hatchery and pet changes.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 05, 2015
The ability to get and find nonhatchmaking pets should be addressed it's hard to find those pets with no one in the hatchery anymore. I suggested that the cool downs for each was separate so you could do both a kiosk hatch and a hatchery sigil hatch. I mentioned that this would help repopulate the hatchery which I felt would be good and give people a chance to socialize there and look for various species. People not thinking and to quick to respond just saw repopulate hatchery and talked the idea down. Not taking the moment to realize this would directly benefit them with more hatches and not require them to spend lengthy time in hatchery. Yes we would have more hatches however also increases potential crown purchases of gold and energy.

The hatchery in pretty much only Ambrose 1 only has people in it and only when something new has been added so no real place to search for nonhatchmaking pets with out having to use media outside of the safely monitored atmosphere of the spiral. Another idea to help make these non-kiosk pets a little easier to get hatches for would be allow us to list a limited number of non-kiosk pets in the kiosk for friends only to hatch with. Maybe also make it so if one friend hatches it the next friend doesn't have to wait an hour to hatch.

Add a select species elixir available in crown shop.

What additional ideas does anyone have to help increase the availability and or ease of finding certian nonhatchmaking pets?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
syriusly on Apr 24, 2020 wrote:
The ability to get and find nonhatchmaking pets should be addressed it's hard to find those pets with no one in the hatchery anymore. I suggested that the cool downs for each was separate so you could do both a kiosk hatch and a hatchery sigil hatch. I mentioned that this would help repopulate the hatchery which I felt would be good and give people a chance to socialize there and look for various species. People not thinking and to quick to respond just saw repopulate hatchery and talked the idea down. Not taking the moment to realize this would directly benefit them with more hatches and not require them to spend lengthy time in hatchery. Yes we would have more hatches however also increases potential crown purchases of gold and energy.

The hatchery in pretty much only Ambrose 1 only has people in it and only when something new has been added so no real place to search for nonhatchmaking pets with out having to use media outside of the safely monitored atmosphere of the spiral. Another idea to help make these non-kiosk pets a little easier to get hatches for would be allow us to list a limited number of non-kiosk pets in the kiosk for friends only to hatch with. Maybe also make it so if one friend hatches it the next friend doesn't have to wait an hour to hatch.

Add a select species elixir available in crown shop.

What additional ideas does anyone have to help increase the availability and or ease of finding certian nonhatchmaking pets?
Many of us tried to explain that the new updates would not help repopulate the Hatchery EVEN if the option to be able to hatch inside and at the Kiosk at the same time. There would be very few players able to double hatch the same day. Even 24 hours later is hard for lower level players to do one hatch. The gold just is not available and only those that have abundant REAL funds might resort to buying crowns for buying gold.

Most players were very happy to be able to use the kiosk when they were ready and not have to wait on someone else. Now even that is no longer possible unless you have a huge amount of gold and don't mind spending it on hatching. Most won't.

The egg timers aren't acceptable and the prices at the kiosk are even worse. Most players will result to self hatch or within family accounts. Both of those guarantee a more reasonable price. Since I now have a good selection between my 3 accounts and grandson's account, I have no need to use the Kiosk or try to find others that may have what I am looking for. And I certainly won't be subjected to those who demand multiple Hoard Packs just to hatch.

As I finished training the last 3 pets I hatched at the Kiosk, the only players I saw, were ONLY TRAINING not hatching.

Non-kiosk pets are not likely to be available in the kiosk anytime soon if ever. What is the point for players to have certain pets obtained from gift cards, bundles or even some crowns pets just to have them suddenly be available to everyone? I have a few of those pets myself and would not appreciate them just popping up everywhere.

If there is a specific NON-kiosk pet you are looking for, you might find it by posting in the Pet and Pavilion forum on Wizard101 Central.

The safety that is monitored is to make sure personal information is not passed from one player to another in the game, unapproved websites are not mentioned in the game and the use of foul language. It does not monitor any agreements or exchanges players may make when hatching.

Unless KI virtually reverses all of the pet update, I don't see players scrambling to do new hatches anytime soon.

Survivor
Oct 05, 2015
No many of you did not read and or comprehend the post just looked at the title then made negative comments to a suggestion that would have doubled your daily hatching potential. A separate timer for sigil and kiosk hatches would allow you to hatch in both places wouldn't require you to hang out in hatchery if you didn't want to.

Making a post on central is adds traffic to a non kingsisle website doesn't it? Not to mention that if I am window shopping to see if there are any species I am looking for I now have to read every post and filter out all the I am looking for a pet with these talents posts. Kingsisle should have the means to some how address this and would be smart to satisfy such needs in house wouldn't they? Do you have any suggestions to

And of course you did not give an opinion on the select species elixir nor the suggestion for allowing a wizard to list a nonhatchmaking pet in the kiosk temporarily for a friend only hatch.

What additional ideas do you or anyone else have for in game implemented mechanics to help increase the availability and or ease of finding certain nonhatchmaking pets?

Would it be like you said that there would be few players able to hatch twice a day with the increased costs. Or would farming the gold to do that extra daily hatch give wizards something to do instead getting on forums screaming they want new content and looking for other things to do?

Survivor
Oct 05, 2015
DragonLady1818 on Apr 24, 2020 wrote:
Many of us tried to explain that the new updates would not help repopulate the Hatchery EVEN if the option to be able to hatch inside and at the Kiosk at the same time. There would be very few players able to double hatch the same day. Even 24 hours later is hard for lower level players to do one hatch. The gold just is not available and only those that have abundant REAL funds might resort to buying crowns for buying gold.

Most players were very happy to be able to use the kiosk when they were ready and not have to wait on someone else. Now even that is no longer possible unless you have a huge amount of gold and don't mind spending it on hatching. Most won't.

The egg timers aren't acceptable and the prices at the kiosk are even worse. Most players will result to self hatch or within family accounts. Both of those guarantee a more reasonable price. Since I now have a good selection between my 3 accounts and grandson's account, I have no need to use the Kiosk or try to find others that may have what I am looking for. And I certainly won't be subjected to those who demand multiple Hoard Packs just to hatch.

As I finished training the last 3 pets I hatched at the Kiosk, the only players I saw, were ONLY TRAINING not hatching.

Non-kiosk pets are not likely to be available in the kiosk anytime soon if ever. What is the point for players to have certain pets obtained from gift cards, bundles or even some crowns pets just to have them suddenly be available to everyone? I have a few of those pets myself and would not appreciate them just popping up everywhere.

If there is a specific NON-kiosk pet you are looking for, you might find it by posting in the Pet and Pavilion forum on Wizard101 Central.

The safety that is monitored is to make sure personal information is not passed from one player to another in the game, unapproved websites are not mentioned in the game and the use of foul language. It does not monitor any agreements or exchanges players may make when hatching.

Unless KI virtually reverses all of the pet update, I don't see players scrambling to do new hatches anytime soon.
Furthermore I am making suggestions and trying to stimulate discussion to help make improvements or add to the hatching system.

So please refrain from adding comments like "Unless KI virtually reverses all of the pet update, I don't see players scrambling to do new hatches anytime soon." from your responses. Because your hijacking of what could be productive discussion to express your displeasure with the recent updates is hardly fair. Yes we all get it and understand you are not happy with recent pet updates.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
syriusly on Apr 25, 2020 wrote:
No many of you did not read and or comprehend the post just looked at the title then made negative comments to a suggestion that would have doubled your daily hatching potential. A separate timer for sigil and kiosk hatches would allow you to hatch in both places wouldn't require you to hang out in hatchery if you didn't want to.

Making a post on central is adds traffic to a non kingsisle website doesn't it? Not to mention that if I am window shopping to see if there are any species I am looking for I now have to read every post and filter out all the I am looking for a pet with these talents posts. Kingsisle should have the means to some how address this and would be smart to satisfy such needs in house wouldn't they? Do you have any suggestions to

And of course you did not give an opinion on the select species elixir nor the suggestion for allowing a wizard to list a nonhatchmaking pet in the kiosk temporarily for a friend only hatch.

What additional ideas do you or anyone else have for in game implemented mechanics to help increase the availability and or ease of finding certain nonhatchmaking pets?

Would it be like you said that there would be few players able to hatch twice a day with the increased costs. Or would farming the gold to do that extra daily hatch give wizards something to do instead getting on forums screaming they want new content and looking for other things to do?
Yes, I did read and comprehend what you were suggesting. Most of the others posting did read.

No, Central is an authorized fansite. It also contains a ton of data that allows players to search any item in the game and find out as much as they want. That also includes pets, plants, gear, NPC, creatures, etc. in the Wiki.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/fansites/

If there is a specific species you are looking for, just post a new thread in the Pet and Pavilion section with the talents you are looking for. You don't need or have to read through every post or thread that is not directly replied to a thread you start.

As for the "select species elixir" I could care less.

This was my response to the non-kiosk pets""""Non-kiosk pets are not likely to be available in the kiosk anytime soon if ever. What is the point for players to have certain pets obtained from gift cards, bundles or even some crowns pets just to have them suddenly be available to everyone? I have a few of those pets myself and would not appreciate them just popping up everywhere.""""

There are very few ways outside of posting in the Pet and Pavilion forums to find non-kiosk pets. Maybe the Petnome Project or social media. Other than that. No, no other ideas or suggestioins.

Yes, what I said about a lot of players would not have the gold to hatch inside then turn around and use the kiosk. Not to mention, the price to actually hatch each egg using gold instead of crowns. I have seen players farm for gold in the past but I can't say they would do it today. Even if they had the option to do a second hatch instead of waiting 24 hours. But then again, most are not going to spend 100k + to hatch at the kiosk.

Take a trip through several of the realms in the Pet Pavilion. Outside of maybe the top 6 or so, you won't find very many even attempting to hatch....Most will only be training.

I am not the only one that is not happy with the updates. You are only looking at what you see here. Check out some of the other platforms and see the responses. Things are not going to get better until some of this backlash calms down. There has never been backlash against KI to this extent. WE have had heated discussions on various updates and most of those were over a spell here and there being nerfed in PvP and PvE because it was OP in PvP. But never anything like this.

Those screaming for new content are looking forward to new worlds or even side worlds. Not EVENTS, and changes to the UI or pets.

Check out the Pet and Pet Pavilion forum. Not all are happy with this update.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?100-Pets-and-The-Pet-Pavilion