Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More Animated NPCs

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 21, 2010
Recently it's been announced that Kingsisle are updating a large portion of Wizard City (the graphics and textures and decor etc...) and they've actually started this in the newest test realm. But with the addition of the new Unicorn Skeleton Key Boss, Roberto, it got me thinking as to whether or not they're going to update any of the NPCs in the game.
Running back and forth from Roberto to Diego in Unicorn Way made me realise that many of the older NPCs don't aren't very animated (which make sense as Wizard101 is 10 years old). They don't blink and their mouths don't move. It's something I never realised before!
I don't think it's a bad thing really, just something I noticed while playing. I feel like updating the NPCs to be a little more animated would be a really nice touch to the game. And why not update their models if you're going to update Wizard City for the 10th anniversary? They've already added a lot of cinematics to the older worlds in the game, and I'd love to see the 1st arc's NPCs be given a bit more life like the NPCs in arcs 2 and 3.
Do you think Kingsisle will ever do this or have it played in these new Wizard City updates?
I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Cheers,
Isaac Moonshard. Level 103, Necromancer.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Great Idea.

I'd start with Headmaster Ambrose and the teaching staff. Then Zeke and his girlfriend. Then Shelbus Gruffhart and send him around the spiral collecting artifacts.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
this is a pretty good idea it feels weird when you get to the 2nd or 3rd story when you suddenly notice they have more animations.

Jacob Lionsword 120

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I feel all NPCS should be animated.

I will also like a couple options to change the narrator's voice.

I dislike the current one as I just find it annoying, it would help if we were possibly given more options to try out.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2010
Star Edward. I really love our narrator, ngl. I love how she's the same actress who voices Grandmother Raven because when we finally do meet Grandmother Raven it feels as though she's been guiding us since the very beginning.
Isaac Moonshard.