Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More Ancient Worlds!

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Krokotopia is based off Ancient Egypt. Mooshu is based off Feudal Japan. Avalon is based off Medieval England (I suppose Marleybone is Victorian, but not ancient). Azteca is based off Ancient America. Grizzleheim & Wintertusk are based off Ancient Scandinavia. And Aquila is based off Ancient Greece. But that leaves plenty of cultures behind. I'm sure that there are many worlds under construction currently, and I assume that at least some of the next arc worlds encompass more ancient civilisations. But what hasn't been covered?

In America, there wasn't much culture aside from Aztec & Mayan, but I think an extension from Azteca would be nice for a more peaceful race of spirits that evil invading forces (representative of colonies). I assume we would take the side of the spirits, and tone down the extremes, as the real-life counterpart of this was rather unfair & violent.

The Arctic & Antarctica was briefly touched on in Wintertusk, but again, I'd quite like an extension or a different world for it. Perhaps Polaris or Nodor would have this (it's mentioned you need a map & not a Spiral Key for Nodor, so maybe we find it from another world close, like Zafaria or Azteca).

Oceania has to be done. Whether it's solely the Aboriginals or if we throw in some Avalonian or Marleybone criminals too, this could be great.

Then Africa. Zafaria has this largely done, but I think, again, a more magic/voodoo style group of people could be found; or diamond mines could be great places for jewel drops.

Then we have Europe. Ripe with diversity here. England has been done, why not have some form of Gaelic world with Banshees? Then there's the Romans, like Aquila but more strict, warlike & storyline. This could have us facing all manner of deities & emperors, but with reason rather than challenge this time. I think a Slavic world would be interesting, instead of just Dragonspyre's accents. And then there's Turkey, Persian mythology? Mirage! Maybe have some Babylonian themes in there too.

Lastly; Asia! Three words for China: Pandas. Gods. Mooshu. Need I add more? Have a sailor from Mooshu take you here where you meet gods and, more importantly, pandas! Then what happened with Abrahamic culture? This was the biggest goldmine possible and you dodged it like a bullet. I get it, controversy, but don't image any important figures and you should be fine (don't have us talk to Mohammed or meet God, basically). Angels could be very interesting.

That's about it, but what do you think I missed? Leave your own cultures, worlds & plotlines in a reply!

Defender
Feb 08, 2009