Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Monstrologist: Experience Rewards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
After hearing about the new monstrologist who's coming to the spiral and the new type of experience that is coming with along with her, I immediately began thinking about the possible types of rewards that could come from ranking up.

What if, upon gaining new ranks with this new type of experience, there was a reward system involving mount upgrades? I know many people have posted about different ideas involving the customization of mounts and adding stats to them, but I think the easiest way of doing so would be through a system similar to the current advanced pet training system (on a lower scale, of course).

For instance, if a player would like to add stats to their favorite mount, there could be a system where every 20 or so levels of rank gained through this new experience could unlock mount rewards for purchase using gold; these being "mount sockets" and "mount gems". These sockets could be opened by a new type of socket wrench so that, once obtained, the sockets can be opened on a mount of the player's choice.

• If you're level 20/120 (20 being monstrologist level, 120 being character level) you could unlock the first "mount gem" slot and "adult mount" gems.
  • If you're level 40/120 you could unlock the second "mount gem" slot and "ancient mount" gems
  • If you're level 50/120 the last slot (if three is too many then this can be omitted) and "epic mount" gems.

Of course, this does not mean that you must be character level 120 in order to begin gaining the monstrologist experience, especially because many lower level players will benefit from extra stats on mounts during pvp and leveling.

With these new stats, however, they probably should not overlap those on mounts that already give damage boosts or other base stats, instead it could be established that the first "mount gem" socket is already taken by the preexisting base stat provided by the mount and only one more socket can open. Damage gems could be the hardest to come by/need the most experience to purchase, so this would not be too unfair for players who already have the damage-boosting mounts. If the mount boosts 2% by base, then the gems that could have fit in that socket would have been 2% anyway, for instance.

In my opinion, I think that KI should not make this a "daily assignment" type of system, but instead a farming system so that end-game players would constantly have content to play and something to do/strive for. Players who spend a lot of time farming in general would benefit from this system (assuming that every mob drops this new type of experience after a battle) and would find that their time spent in dungeons, even if they don't get any good drops, was well-used.

CH