Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Monster Chain Stunning

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 19, 2010
Some monster tend to stun you a lot in Wintertusk, and when they stun you, you only get one shield.

Ex: Your fighting a boss in Wintertusk and the boss stuns you, and then the minion stuns you in the same round and takes off the stun shield, and then the next round the minion stuns you again ( or the boss ) therefore not letting you attack.

So there is a easy solution to this problem add 4 stun shields or at least 2.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
cprocks988 wrote:
Some monster tend to stun you a lot in Wintertusk, and when they stun you, you only get one shield.

Ex: Your fighting a boss in Wintertusk and the boss stuns you, and then the minion stuns you in the same round and takes off the stun shield, and then the next round the minion stuns you again ( or the boss ) therefore not letting you attack.

So there is a easy solution to this problem add 4 stun shields or at least 2.

The problem with that is if you start adding chain stun shields back, then schools with stun spells because that much less effective. Stun is finally usable for ice, myth, and fire again. Personally, I would rather risk getting stunned more often than go back to my stuns being nearly useless again. FYI, there is a stun block (puts up 2 stun shields) spell that you can train from Diego the Duelmaster.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
There is a better solution and an even easier on than that...

You can train a spell called stun block... It gives you 2 stun shields... You can also train conviction, it gives you a 90% stun resistance...

Also, you can get a ring, athame, and amulet that give stun resistance...

The wonders of this game... They make all this stuff, but people want to make it where they dont have to do anything...

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
I found this to be incredibly annoying, too. i liked having the 4 stun blocks appear, personally, but now i use the stunned turn to discard and plan my next attack for the extra pip(s) i will have. -eli and crew

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
darthjt wrote:

You can train a spell called stun block... It gives you 2 stun shields... You can also train conviction, it gives you a 90% stun resistance...

The wonders of this game... They make all this stuff, but people want to make it where they dont have to do anything...

The spell Stun Block is available to anyone regardless of whether or not they participate in PvP. As darthjt says you may train it. It will cost one training point. The gear you mention is available only to those who PvP.

It would be just as easy to have NPCs give two shields to those they stun in PvE. Chain stunning in PvP caused the change to one shield. Now that change has allowed chain stunning in PvE by NPCs. Chain stunning in PvE is just the same as it was in PvP and it needs to be fixed.

I would suggest e-mailing KI and letting them know what is happening and where it is happening.

Megan

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
darthjt wrote:

Darthjt is right. There are very few monsters in the entire Wizard101 database that actually do this. It is these encounters that I use Stun Block. These encounters are the only time I see using Stun Block in PvE. So having those enemies automatically give you 4 stun blocks would certainly negate the need for the spell Stun Block within PvE entirely.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
Well thank you all of you, but I'll just keep getting chain stunned. :?